JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or someone you love should get theirs...

Lot's of people get thier concealed carry permit for reasons other then to carry everyday - although that obviously doesn't apply to everyone.

What are the reasons someone should get thier license EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT PLANNING TO CARRY??

***Not looking for opinions on why you should carry all the time cuz 'Merica and all that:p so please stay mostly on topic as this information could help others on the fence or that didn't even think about it being a good idea.

I'll start with, I want my wife to get her's so I can have a loaded gun in a backpack and leave it in the car with her while I go into the mini mart to pay for a lotto ticket or whatever and still be legal.

Even though she will most likely never carry a gun unless something changed dramatically.

My wife has hers, which is currently expired (keep trying to get her in to renew) mostly because we applied for them together as at the time we both figured we'd be carrying from time to time. Since then she hasn't carried, but now wants to, so we need to get her up to date.

The other reason I wanted her to have it, is if we were together and I perhaps needed to go into a business where it is prohibited by law for me to have a gun, I could potentially hand it off to her temporarily rather than just leave it in the car.

Other possible consideration - if something were to happen to me, say a medical issue, accident, etc., she would have no issues being able to take possession of my gun and conceal it.

Reason 1#
Cause there are crazy bastages out there, and I am not going to wait for some Ice Hole to farg up my day because I decided carrying was not needed.
That and as I get older I am slowing down a tad, and physically being able to woop three guys may not be possible ( guys that want to cause me great harm). I hate to say equalizer but yea it kinda does if need be. I carry every day all day long Mrs does to, I mean seriously not a time I do not carry unless it a place I just can't. But the reasons are daily a good one. I get lazy and have started the truck and said awww just running down the the street then that voice say , hey idiot what you think now is a good time not to carry ? So habit is I carry always. I forget my cell sometimes not my firearm.
Did I stay on topic ??

Cause there are crazy bastages out there, and I am not going to wait for some Ice Hole to farg up my day

nydHzB1.jpg

Sorry to go off topic Joe, couldn't let a Johnny Dangerously reference go...I hope you can bear with me. If it's too far off topic, I'll pull it down ;)

Now back to your original topic.

Good to have so that if you ever do get stopped by a police officer, you are covered on the concealed carry portion of whatever you are discussing. In my 25 years plus of CC in 3 states, I have never been asked to produce my permit by anyone, nor have I had occasion to hand it a police officer (in my younger days there was alot of handing ID to the cops ;)).

Businesses that post signs are cute. Their signs mean nothing to me. I go inside, transact my business and be on my way; and no one is the wiser. Concealed means concealed. If I am handing anyone a gun it is for three reasons: the guy at the gun store wants to put it back and hand me another one, the gunsmith is giving me my super-shooter back after repair or an up-fit or I am in need of cover fire from you this very moment.

So a permit is nice. It can get you out of some trouble if you are talking to the cops because a soccer mom saw the hint of your master blaster peeking out from your shirt or you live somewhere that it expedites a sale.

Put me in "the farging iceholes out there" school of thought.:cool:

That and I figured it was one more middle finger in the faces of the gun grabbers.
And every boomstick I buy/build these past couple of years is another middle finger.

Brutus Out

The wife and I both carry, my sons carry, almost every one I know or care about carry. For most of the reasons listed here all ready. I hate that I feel I have to, but I would feel naked if I didn't. I like having an extra couple of guns handy should things go south, I like knowing I have serious back up, I like thumbing my nose every time I walk in to a Starbucks with two pistolas plus the one or two the wife has on her! I think more and more people are starting to realize that the world is not a very nice place, drugs and terror and many other things now take a way a little bit more each and every day, and I feel it is up to the growing number of us to seek out our own means of protection! And because cops only show up after the fact! Bad guys some times get away, and people have started becoming urban predators!o_O

Was at the LGS and asked about my T shirt hanging over my gun when hiking and camping. They said that would be considered CC , so I went and got my permit. They look cool in your wallet too.:p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top