JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having my wife get hers, even though she will never carry. The reason is we have a home defense gun and if she ever has to use it, having a CHL and the training that is required for it is just one more aid in her/our legal defense. Plus, I am secretly hoping she will start carrying :)

Hubby and I originally got our CPLs to avoid the 3 to 29 day waiting period for purchasing a handgun. The WA CPL allows same day pickup/delivery with NICS verification. That was three years ago. We have also gotten our Utah non-resident. We now both carry whenever possible. He carries openly just about everywhere. I work on a military installation, so I'm limited to only off work carry.

I identify as ammosexual.
Carrying a firearm is part of my defensive lifestyle. :D

I prefer to use the mens restroom though.

Honestly though, I have horrible luck. If I dont bring something with me, inevitably Ill somehow find myself in a position where Ill desperately need that thing I forgot.
While I will risk that with less essential tools, a firearm is a tool Im unwilling to just leave at home. Statistics prove time and time again that its not the big fire fight people picture, its a bank or store robbery, its a car jacking or rape.. All of which can happen at any moment.

Mostly defensive purposes.. Nothing too creative that Im worried about.

I grew up in the prairie states, hunting was just part of life - we even brought them to school, kept them in lockers, or checked them at the office if we wanted - My dad was a former marine and spent a career in law enforcement so there were always lots around. When you grow up with something, being taught safe practices from day one, it's not really all that big of a deal... Then I moved to the West Coast... Attitudes are different, idiots seem to be of higher density, the political climate is changing... I got a CPL, because there may come a day when we aren't allowed. When we have a top presidential contender that's openly suggested public confiscation of legally owned firearms, the times are definitely a changing...
Short answer - I got one because I could.

Oooooo! Baddda$$ here.:eek:
How about we call them law abiding instead of afraid?
Hmm?
there are many laws i dont agree with, so i have the option to knowingly refuse to follow them. seat belts is another, so i tint my windows and dont wear them. yes i am a badass rebel, hide your wife and children.

Yup, only ticket I got was in a van with no tint.

In hindsight I should have said it was tucked under my armpit. You have to wear one but nothing in the law says exactly how you should wear it.

The only car we have right now even has a tinted window so there is no seeing inside unless the is a lot of sunshine.

Ask my doc to write me a letter for it and he said he couldn't ethically do that. I told him after riding a motorcycle for years, getting in an accident in a 3500lb safety device wasn't high on my worries list.

I don't know how much truth is in this article, but there are more than one report of the police stopping people knowing they have a cpl in advance. That I find to be unacceptable as I don't want ANYONE to know I am packing. I know the laws, how to legally keep my weapon in my vehicle, if I feel I must carry- it will be open. In the days of computers, cross referencing your cpl to you license and or plates is child's play.. NOW you know the rest of the story why i refuse a cpl.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travelers-tale/

Last Edited:
I don't know how much truth is in this article, but there are more than one report of the police stopping people knowing they have a cpl in advance. That I find to be unacceptable as I don't ANYONE to know I am packing. I know the laws, how to legally keep my weapon in my vehicle, if I feel I must carry- it will be open. In the days of computers, cross referencing your cpl to you license and or plates is child's play.. NOW you know the rest of the story why i refuse a cpl.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travelers-tale/

I've been stopped in the last 2 years with a cpl and loaded gun on me 3 times, maybe 2. Stupid stuff like I forgot to renew my tabs, backtracking down a 3 mile straight stretch that ended at a construction site (60 in a 35) and not wearing a seat belt. Only got a ticket for the seat belt but they didn't once insinuate or act like they knew or cared if I had a gun on me.

I'm guessing not having a cpl would make them more nervous.

If your middle aged, white and not dirt poor then the cops seem to care less what your up too.

I've been stopped in the last 2 years with a cpl and loaded gun on me 3 times, maybe 2. Stupid stuff like I forgot to renew my tabs, backtracking down a 3 mile straight stretch that ended at a construction site (60 in a 35) and not wearing a seat belt. Only got a ticket for the seat belt but they didn't once insinuate or act like they knew or cared if I had a gun on me.

I'm guessing not having a cpl would make them more nervous.

If your middle aged, white and not dirt poor then the cops seem to care less what your up too.
Yep. exactly. I am a senior citizen in a white Lexus.. I get caught speeding and only get warnings.. Just another old bald fat guy trying to get home. lol

True that! I've talked my way out of many a situation with the cops that I should have been jailed or at least ticketed for. One of the benefits of being a light skinned guy with a goofy grin I guess.
I need to check my privilege!

having one lets me pretend i have a right instead of a paid for limited privilege.
I find that open carry in the woods does more to set people at ease rather than scaring them. Remember tho, I am from the east side and we have bear, lions, wolves and moose to deal with not to mention rabid what ever. I stay out of Spokane as much as possible and carry "other" legal weapons that is faster than a gun when I am forced into going there, hate that place.

I identify as ammosexual.
Carrying a firearm is part of my defensive lifestyle. :D

I prefer to use the mens restroom though.

Honestly though, I have horrible luck. If I dont bring something with me, inevitably Ill somehow find myself in a position where Ill desperately need that thing I forgot.
While I will risk that with less essential tools, a firearm is a tool Im unwilling to just leave at home. Statistics prove time and time again that its not the big fire fight people picture, its a bank or store robbery, its a car jacking or rape.. All of which can happen at any moment.

Mostly defensive purposes.. Nothing too creative that Im worried about.
Ammosexual... Perhaps we can petition the courts for a new protected class???

It's funny really when I think back all those years! I bought my first gun at the age of 16, no paper work, no BGC, no nothing. I had to go to the sheriff's office when I turned 18 and apply for a carry permit. I had to prove a need before I could be considered, and then had to pass a qualification requiring me to show I knew how to handle a firearm and could shoot it well enough, all of this was done by/at the Sheriff's office by the staff! Now days, it seems things are a lot easier and the classes are a lot better then what I had to go through. I sure hope they make it universal for us now. its so friggin confusing as to which state I can carry in with one permit, and others that I cannot, or have to keep it unloaded and other such non sence, or a state I don't have a permit for, but all the states around mine covers!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top