JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am sure that I have been spotted a few times when my shirt has rode up.

And then last week with my family at the beach my shirt kept riding up and got to the point where I decided not to bother pulling it back down. got some interesting looks from some folks that look like they might have had a past that decided to leave after seeing my gun a couple of times. One dude kept whispering to this fat chick then pointing at me and then they took off.

Guessing they assumed i was an off duty cop? Don't care. Had fun building sand castles and flying kites with my boy - it was his first ever beach trip.

I have also had a spare mag fall out of a carrier and skitter across the deck in front of a customer with no negative reaction.

Most folk dont notice or care if you arent acting crazy or thug like.

I have seen several in wild but the most recent was this huge dude at a checkout line next to mine in the grocery store. His oversized Hawaii shirt was stuck behind his full framed 45. To the unelightened I could see someone being intimidated by that. I side stepped over too him and quietly told him he was making the rest of us look bad and motioned toward his hip. He quickly covered it up and thanked me, actually seemed a little embarrasse. The other side of that coin is a buddy's wife pats me down every time I see her because she likes the fact I'm aleays carrying. No matter where we all go, she says she feels safer when I'm around.

I was at a conference in Sunriver and Mr.Reptilian Ron Wyden was sitting next to me and never knew I had a Glock19 under my shirt.

^^ I agree. I would maybe say, "Hey, you're showing a bit there." But only in the way I might tell someone that their fly was down. In his case, I doubt I'd say anything. There's too much chance he'd misinterpret what you were telling him and think it was a verbal attack instead of being "helpful" which I'm not sure telling him he was doing something bad would be considered helpful.

People have the right to carry guns, whether they are printing , showing or not doesn't matter. I don't think people should be ashamed of carrying a gun. If it wasn't for the element of surprise, which I think is an advantage in many cases, or the fact I would risk some nervous liberal-minded Seattle rookie cop putting a bullet in my head, I'd consider carrying open even in Seattle. I don't conceal carry because of ethics, but more for strategic reasons and also because I am in a place where open carrying can get me shot dead by law enforcement, potentially. As some know, Seattle cops tend to follow their own laws, rather than the laws of the state.

I open carry in the forest, unashamedly. If people are scared of me that is there problem, not mine. Even I was considering a trip to Glacier National Park and considering open carrying on the trails. THe forest rangers told me I Could do it, themselves, so why shouldn't I? I had a run in with a moose and calf last trip and keeping my gun on my chest and easily accessible could be a matter of life and death in a surprise animal attack on the trails. The year I was in Glacier there was like 4 grizzly bear attacks, because it was one of those drought years and the bears were hungry and grumpy.

Well, I lost my first bill from my new ISP and so had to go to the brick and mortar location this morning to pay the bill. First thing I see on the door, "No Concealed Weapons" :mad:

I come out after paying my bill and an older couple had just pulled into the spot next to my truck, I see the guy, dressed in just a white t-shirt and khaki shorts with his right side away from me. After I get into my truck, I look back and he's now walking with his right side to me and on his hip is a no longer concealed sidearm, he realizes he's exposed just as I notice him and he quickly pulls his shirt down. He looks around seeing if he's been noticed and sees me and my daughter looking at him, he has a worried look so I smile and nod, my daughter in the passenger seat gives him a thumbs up. :D

Well, I lost my first bill from my new ISP and so had to go to the brick and mortar location this morning to pay the bill. First thing I see on the door, "No Concealed Weapons" :mad:

I come out after paying my bill and an older couple had just pulled into the spot next to my truck, I see the guy, dressed in just a white t-shirt and khaki shorts with his right side away from me. After I get into my truck, I look back and he's now walking with his right side to me and on his hip is a no longer concealed sidearm, he realizes he's exposed just as I notice him and he quickly pulls his shirt down. He looks around seeing if he's been noticed and sees me and my daughter looking at him, he has a worried look so I smile and nod, my daughter in the passenger seat gives him a thumbs up. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top