JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good writing and well explained. Unfortunately it'll get a canned response and to be honest, none of these lawmakers care what the voters say; only what the voters do. as in get voted out, or keep being voted in, time and again, over and over. Term limits would help massively here, as would fixing the offices' salaries to the median income of voters.
Great letter, but unfortunately it'll just be filed away under "potential malcontent". D's do not care about you..full stop. You're not their constituent. You are, to them, deplorable.

Yeah.....the chairs keep moving. So.....NOW, where are we? In plain ENGLISH, please. LOL.....that would make things too easy.

View: https://youtu.be/ykqIHZdvNxQ?si=LM4smMrhgtfM7P2k

But note that the vid is two weeks old and forget about getting a title to match REALITY. Anyway.........

1714445795803.png

Not to mention that......there are many states that will not follow what the SCOTUS has already said (i.e. Bruen).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Yeah.....the chairs keep moving. So.....NOW, where are we? In plain ENGLISH, please. LOL.....that would make things too easy.

View: https://youtu.be/ykqIHZdvNxQ?si=LM4smMrhgtfM7P2k

But note that the vid is two weeks old and forget about getting a title to match REALITY. Anyway.........

View attachment 1872640

Not to mention that......there are many states that will not follow what the SCOTUS has already said (i.e. Bruen).

Aloha, Mark
That first video the guy is a flat out liar. The title is just another example of it. He is a scammer that makes up bubblegum to fool low inteligence people to watch which makes him money. Don't fall for it!

1) The state lawsuit (Judge Raschio) is at the OR Court of Appeals. The injunction from Harney County holds until that body rules, expected to be September.

2) The Federal lawsuit (3, or is it 4, consolidated suits) is at the 9th Circuit, on hold for the California case Duncan v Bonta, on large-capacity magazines.

When measure 114 restarts this fall, will we be able to buy firearms (even without a magazine) such as pistols that have >10 round magazines (such as cz75) or will they be restricted? I assume we won't be able to buy them.

1) The state lawsuit (Judge Raschio) is at the OR Court of Appeals. The injunction from Harney County holds until that body rules, expected to be September.

2) The Federal lawsuit (3, or is it 4, consolidated suits) is at the 9th Circuit, on hold for the California case Duncan v Bonta, on large-capacity magazines.
Can you elaborate on why you think the state appellate court will release their ruling that fast. Not criticizing, it's just that I've seen appellate courts delay decisions by months if it doesn't fit their political agenda. Do you think it'll be a quick decision because it fits the AG and Governors position?

Will stick my neck out further and postulate that the decision is most likely written already, they just need to adjust the wording and references to fit the most recently submitted arguments.

Can you elaborate on why you think the state appellate court will release their ruling that fast. Not criticizing, it's just that I've seen appellate courts delay decisions by months if it doesn't fit their political agenda. Do you think it'll be a quick decision because it fits the AG and Governors position?

Will stick my neck out further and postulate that the decision is most likely written already, they just need to adjust the wording and references to fit the most recently submitted arguments.
No clue on timing other than certain parties probably want to get it out as soon as they possibly can.

I'm more interested in will we be unable to buy guns that we can buy today, Fe pistols whose regular capacity is > 10 rounds. "Unable" could mean technically legal but vendors won't ship them here or could mean technically illegal. Also I wonder if used guns like cz75 will ffls be afraid to sell them even though there is no magazine included in the sale (probably some or all will I would guess?). Once OR is on the black list it might be tough to buy stuff.

@ilikegunspdx , I'm gonna say unable to, at least for the time being becsuse there's still no permit to purchase systems set up as far as I can tell.
Judge Immergut ruled that the permit portion cannot go into effect until there is a permit system in place. In 2023, OSP was awarded $35 million, or thereabouts, to implement the permit system. We found out during discovery for the federal trial, that OSP had been working with Oregon DOJ on implementation since before M114 passed. I suspect they have a permit system pretty close to being ready to roll out right now.

For magazines, the FFL will simply remove the standard capacity magazines if you want to purchase the gun. If you don't want it that way, don't buy it, but it's not the FFLs fault. In time, the manufacturer would simply ship them with 10 rounders, the same way they do to other ban states.

Rest assured, the powers that be have the rollout planned. Prozanski, Manning, Rosenbloom, Knutson, MDA, and their ilk, will be pizzing their pants anticipating enforcement.

@ilikegunspdx , I'm gonna say unable to, at least for the time being becsuse there's still no permit to purchase systems set up as far as I can tell.
True dat. In my question I'm assuming m114 will be up and running and like you say it may not be. Hard to say though what might happen. Fe I wonder if m114 restarts without the permit part would the mag ban still be active and therefore kill sales of many guns that come with >10 rounds mags? All guesswork as usual though for this m114 stuff I guess.

Judge Immergut ruled that the permit portion cannot go into effect until there is a permit system in place. In 2023, OSP was awarded $35 million, or thereabouts, to implement the permit system. We found out during discovery for the federal trial, that OSP had been working with Oregon DOJ on implementation since before M114 passed. I suspect they have a permit system pretty close to being ready to roll out right now.

For magazines, the FFL will simply remove the standard capacity magazines if you want to purchase the gun. If you don't want it that way, don't buy it, but it's not the FFLs fault. In time, the manufacturer would simply ship them with 10 rounders, the same way they do to other ban states.

Rest assured, the powers that be have the rollout planned. Prozanski, Manning, Rosenbloom, Knutson, MDA, and their ilk, will be pizzing their pants anticipating enforcement.
Hmm I wonder if a person can buy a rock island arms 1911 10mm double stack in Washington right now. It's 16 rounds I think and I don't think they have neutered magazine option as far as I know.

Hmm I wonder if a person can buy a rock island arms 1911 10mm double stack in Washington right now. It's 16 rounds I think and I don't think they have neutered magazine option as far as I know.
What?! We get 10 rounders and nothing above according to the communists controlling this state- it's the entire premise around the Gator's lawsuit. Where you been? Notice how much safer we are with the ban on "regular capacity" mags...

What?! We get 10 rounders and nothing above according to the communists controlling this state- it's the entire premise around the Gator's lawsuit. Where you been? Notice how much safer we are with the ban on "regular capacity" mags...
Yep that's exactly the point I was trying to make. It's often not a matter of "ffl can just sell without the mags" because the guns may not be shipped here in the first place. Or vendor and ffls may not want to sell them due to their intolerance for risk.

Fe this is not for sale in WA right now, this fall Oregon may also be on that ban list.

CF4EA713-9ADF-4A80-B200-4193CDD00252.jpeg

Yep that's exactly the point I was trying to make. It's often not a matter of "ffl can just sell without the mags" because the guns may not be shipped here in the first place. Or vendor and ffls may not want to sell them due to their intolerance for risk.

Fe this is not for sale in WA right now, this fall Oregon may also be on that ban list.

View attachment 1874032
The Washington and Oregon laws are considerably different, so that gun isn't an issue here - yet!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top