JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I'm hangin out & too low I just tighten up the spender on the heavy side..... just sayin.;)

It is a wonder why a true blue CC veteran gets the willies when they see a GUN out in public!!!!!!! As long as the carrier is cool about things (like nothing is abnormal) I'll do a half salute if I catch eye contact (like Patric Swayze did a lot in Road House)....:p

I am sure I have seen several but the one that pops to mind is a local guy who runs a equipment store. I wondered why he always wore a vest, even when it was 100F outside... Then one day as he was helping load my truck it all became clear.

It is a wonder why a true blue CC veteran gets the willies when they see a GUN out in public!
I haven't read anyone on this thread talk about getting the willies. I've read a lot of funny sarcasm, though. Are you thinking of a particular story you know about?

I, for one, was really excited that I actually saw someone else in the world CC'ing.

Several years ago, I was at a movie theater with my wife. After the movie, as people were filing out, I noticed a guy whose jacket had been displaced when he picked up his young daughter. Under the jacket was a Beretta 92 in a Serpa holster. I mentioned it quietly to him so he could cover it. Nobody else noticed, as far as I could tell.

That was the first time I noticed someone else carrying, but there have been plenty of others. I'm sure somebody has seen me printing or my carry weapon visible, but I can't remember anyone ever making any mention of it.

I'm sure I print all the time, T shirts don't cover big (or small)guns in OWB holsters very well. In the almost 9 years that I have been carrying, I have only had somebody say something twice, both in gun stores ! Once in awhile I go to reach something on the top shelf of a store, or bend over to pick something up, load the truck, etc. I know people must see it, but I don't really worry about it. I live in Rural East-of-the Cascades Oregon so guns are no big deal, and the Sheriff here likes people to carry.

I get excited and usually want to say hi.
Depending on the situation and how much time I have, if we make eye contact Ill motion to my hip then give a thumbs up.

Sometimes they get it, other times they think Im pointing at my crotch and am asking if they're interested.. :p

Either way, its my way if thanking them for doing their duty as ALL able bodied men and women should.

I pulled up to an ATM and the guy using the machine was carrying SOB and had his t-shirt hiked
up, showing everything (well, almost everything). I was kind enough to let him know so no one thought he
was there to rob the bank.:)

I think the only reason to mention at all is in post # 32.

I did razz the Elder of our fellowship, who was printing so loudly that even Stevie Wonder would have seen it... his reply was only another CWP would ever notice, and smiled....

as to the general thought about checking out Same Sex bodies... I call that Situational Awareness... and of course the "coiled up proper comment" left out that ~it~ is like 550 Cord, not a Hauser Rope for tying a Battle ship to the dock in the bay....

philip, ducking and hiding.... :rolleyes:

Every newb concealed carry licensee goes through the paranoia stage. Thinking someone is going to see their gun. Having carried for as long as I can remember, I've learned that most non-carrying folk don't give a rats bubblegum.

It's only the carrying folk that look. I guess more for sport than anything else.

I'm sure I print all the time, T shirts don't cover big (or small)guns in OWB holsters very well. In the almost 9 years that I have been carrying, I have only had somebody say something twice, both in gun stores ! Once in awhile I go to reach something on the top shelf of a store, or bend over to pick something up, load the truck, etc. I know people must see it, but I don't really worry about it. I live in Rural East-of-the Cascades Oregon so guns are no big deal, and the Sheriff here likes people to carry.

Most of us print. Most of my IWB stuff I can see plain as day in the mirror. Nobody else notices. Over the years I've had several friends surprised when I changed shirts or reached up really high for something or whatever - and some of them are shooting buddies. I recently had a friend from Arkansas come visit. She gave me a big hug, sat next to me for lunch, walked around a huge park and rode next to me in the car. End of the day we decide to hit a bar. I had to lock the piece up before we went in. She sees me pull it out of the holster and goes "whoa". Never even knew.

Does anyone else automatically assume that if you see someone with a fanny pack they are carrying?
LOL. If I see a Fanny pack, I assume they're either carrying heat, or living in their mom's basement. Either way, they're probably crazy, and not to be trifled with.

I wear my shirts untucked most of the time, and I try to find shirts that are long enough that regular movements, such as bending over, won't reveal. As far as I know, I've never been spotted, at least no one has ever said anything. As for others, I've watched and I'll be darned if I can spot folks carrying, even some that I know for certain are carrying. I got over my stigma a long time ago about printing - most folks don't know what they're seeing. Plus, I wear an insulin pump (type 1 diabetic) - and that usually grabs folks' attention if they see anything - so they're not looking at my hip on the other side ;) Oh, and that pump is open carry :p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top