JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DuneHopper, you raise some good points. The reality is not everyone who's considering moving to another state is "running". As a senior citizen the only thing I'm "running' out of is time. I've fought the good fight year after year after year. Once in a while we have a win but for the most part it's the same old nonsense every year; contribute $$$ or kiss your gun rights goodbye.

I'm tired of feeling like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

I live here because until now the gun climate has been good , I have a job here and theres no state income tax. Pull any one of those out and the trifecta stops being a trifecta. The weather sucks , its somewhat expensive to live here with not much in return and there arent enough drag strips.

I can get a job just about anywhere. 3 hours in a car or 3 hours in an airplane if I want to visit relatives. Makes no difference. Its a good time to sell a house.

I dont agree at all. There are some parts of the country that gun rights are facing an uphill losing battle. The entire west coast and most of the Northeast are gone are going to go down if they havent already. I dont think Washington stands a chance of not severely restricting mags or the dreaded ASSAULT RIFLE within the next ten years. Oregon maybe even sooner. BUT there are entire parts of the country where none of that B-gum is going to fly like the entire southeast of the country. You think Alabama is ever going to ban any category of guns? Please. This state is run by one city and the whims of that city determine the fate of the entire state. Its inevitable.
In the next 10 years? WA is fixing to have that THIS YEAR! Current proposals, if passed with go into effect Jan 2020.

A lot of southern states face the risk that we did.
Look at the election maps.
How long until Birmingham and Montgomery are full of city dwelling .gov dependents and illegals? Will they then be calling the shots for the rest of the state. Not now, but they will.

Look what happened to the Carolinas over the last 10 years or so. Maybe no gun bans, but they are filling up with liberals.going for guns really only picks up steam after they have their talons in the rest of society.

Florida is falling all over itself to show how woke they are on guns. I give them til 2024 before they end up going down this road. May not pass, but those laws will be popping up in the legislature.

Born and raised in Oregon.

It's turned into a sanctuary for sponges, people who suck up resources and give nothing back, people who want but don't want to give, people seeking a life free from the oppression of labor, free from burdens on their inner peace. It's been attracting those kind of people for a few generations now. It's a haven for the homeless, they make pilgrimages to Portland, 'undocumented' people know Oregon is a sanctuary once they make it. Oregon has been attracting people who chose an alternative lifestyle, generally ones that don't put much back into Oregon's economy.

If you think about the people that have been attracted to Oregon over the last 30 years a great many of them didn't come here to help Oregon, they came to be helped, to take something. We, I feel like Me, are paying the price, literally. My property taxes in rural Oregon aren't in line w/other rural parts of the country. I'm paying taxes on everything to help people I don't even want here, the education of my children suffers as the schools are being dumbed down.

Lately I feel like I have to watch the subject matter of my conversations or I may be labeled as a fanatic. The thing about being a patriot is you have to be around like minded people in order to be regarded as one, if not you're a fanatical radical who just needs to shut up and leave. I'm having a hard time believing this state (Oregon) has any hope of turning around to be more excepting of everyone, not just progressives or leftists.

Sometime you have to fall back to a defend-able position in order to win. I love Oregon but Oregon is more than just the landscape it's the people, a lot of MY people have already left or have succumb to the dumbness. I already feel the oppression from being on the 'wrong' side in this state and it's becoming more and more focused all the time.

That defend-able position my be in another state, at least I may feel like I'm surrounded by real Americans. Oregon was at the end of a long, hard trail. The pioneers who came here were strong, resolute, determined people looking to make a better life for themselves. That's the spirit my ancestors brought here, live and let live. Now everyone wants to get up in everyone else's business and let them know there's a line and find out which side they're on.

It's like reasonable people are standing around w/their mouths hanging open going "what the *&!@*$" and the other side just won't stop screaming long enough to listen.

It's pretty easy when it self preservation. The fact of the matter is that Oregon is lost. We will not out vote the antigunners.
Those that stay have 2 options. Comply, or not comply. If you comply, then you are abetting the anti gunners. If you choose to not comply, if/when you are caught you will be treated like the criminal you have become. And even if you are in the not comply camp, by you staying you are supporting the regime through your tax dollars.

I hate to go to this analogy but all the smart Jews left Germany when they saw what was coming. Staying behind to help your neighbors didn't help or change anything. Or like those people that stay behind during an impending natural disaster. All the warning signs are here, if you choose to ride out the storm you cannot blame your neighbors for leaving and not leaving you with any support.

This is not jumping ship as much as it is consolidating forces. If everyone that values freedom moved to states that also value freedom, you bolster the defenses against attacks there.
Four-hundred years ago my ancestors fought a war with the king of Bohemia over freedom of religion. Their two year dust up, lost at the Battle of White Mountain, precipitated the Thirty Years War - the bloodiest conflict in European history. Ancestors lost all their wealth, land, were beheaded,etc., but today they are still remembered as freedom fighters - with monuments heralded on anniversaries. With No opposition anymore the king imposed a harsh rule and removed all their basic freedoms, that remained for 300 years till 1918, the end of WW1. A few years ago, a traveling history tour, including the sword that beheaded my ancestors, was scheduled to come to Prague. It had to be cancelled for threats of violence and riots. With my last name, I wouldn't have to buy a drink in any bar in Prague. So, is our future worth caring about?

A lot of southern states face the risk that we did.
Look at the election maps.
How long until Birmingham and Montgomery are full of city dwelling .gov dependents and illegals? Will they then be calling the shots for the rest of the state. Not now, but they will.

Look what happened to the Carolinas over the last 10 years or so. Maybe no gun bans, but they are filling up with liberals.going for guns really only picks up steam after they have their talons in the rest of society.

Florida is falling all over itself to show how woke they are on guns. I give them til 2024 before they end up going down this road. May not pass, but those laws will be popping up in the legislature.

I was flabbergasted when I realized how much N Carolina had changed from when I was there in '77. And my folks lived in Tampa, I don't know much about the politics there but for sure the other coast was progressive. S Florida I thought was a bunch of renegades... has that changed too?

I was flabbergasted when I realized how much N Carolina had changed from when I was there in '77. And my folks lived in Tampa, I don't know much about the politics there but for sure the other coast was progressive. S Florida I thought was a bunch of renegades... has that changed too?
The silent majority is becoming the silenced minority

Born and raised in Oregon.
It's turned into a sanctuary for sponges, people who suck up resources and give nothing back, people who want but don't want to give, people seeking a life free from the oppression of labor, free from burdens on their inner peace. It's been attracting those kind of people for a few generations now. It's a haven for the homeless, they make pilgrimages to Portland, 'undocumented' people know Oregon is a sanctuary once they make it. Oregon has been attracting people who chose an alternative lifestyle, generally ones that don't put much back into Oregon's economy.
If you think about the people that have been attracted to Oregon over the last 30 years a great many of them didn't come here to help Oregon, they came to be helped, to take something. We, I feel like Me, are paying the price, literally. My property taxes in rural Oregon aren't in line w/other rural parts of the country. I'm paying taxes on everything to help people I don't even want here, the education of my children suffers as the schools are being dumbed down.
Lately I feel like I have to watch the subject matter of my conversations or I may be labeled as a fanatic. The thing about being a patriot is you have to be around like minded people in order to be regarded as one, if not you're a fanatical radical who just needs to shut up and leave. I'm having a hard time believing this state (Oregon) has any hope of turning around to be more excepting of everyone, not just progressives or leftists.
Sometime you have to fall back to a defend-able position in order to win. I love Oregon but Oregon is more than just the landscape it's the people, a lot of MY people have already left or have succumb to the dumbness. I already feel the oppression from being on the 'wrong' side in this state and it's becoming more and more focused all the time.
That defend-able position my be in another state, at least I may feel like I'm surrounded by real Americans. Oregon was at the end of a long, hard trail. The pioneers who came here were strong, resolute, determined people looking to make a better life for themselves. That's the spirit my ancestors brought here, live and let live. Now everyone wants to get up in everyone else's business and let them know there's a line and find out which side they're on.
It's like reasonable people are standing around w/their mouths hanging open going "what the *&!@*$" and the other side just won't stop screaming long enough to listen.

Sad to acknowledge it. You may have just offered the eulogy of Oregon-lost, Mistman.

It's turned into a sanctuary for sponges, people who suck up resources and give nothing back, people who want but don't want to give, people seeking a life free from the oppression of labor, free from burdens on their inner peace...... generally ones that don't put much back into Oregon's economy.

If you think about the people that have been attracted to Oregon over the last 30 years a great many of them didn't come here to help Oregon, they came to be helped, to take something........
.... I'm having a hard time believing this state (Oregon) has any hope of turning around to be more excepting of everyone, not just progressives or leftists.

This is pretty much how it is and will be. The incoming people who are swelling the populations only care about themselves. They are not engaged in the community. Their kids may play some sports, but those are all exclusive " travelling" teams any more. They do not participate in fund raising activities for local activities or non profits.

We are within 4 months of our move to Central Oregon. While still in Oregon, those like minded people are a lot closer and known to me. At my age (61) the chances of sh*t going real bad are pretty slim to me. I will do what I can within my abilities, but the chances of me having any kind of social impact are slim. I will do what I can for my family and society, and enjoy the remaining days of my life.

Here's an idea stop lumping all liberals and learn the difference between a liberal and a leftist. I'm a liberal ,and I probably own nicer firearms then a lot of you. I probably fought for our rights more than some of the you.
That might be a good start.

Here's an idea stop lumping all liberals and learn the difference between a liberal and a leftist. I'm a liberal ,and I probably own nicer firearms then a lot of you. I probably fought for our rights more than some of the you.

Sorry, you're absolutely right, my bad.

Please accept my apology @dwainshort.

Good point folks. Since there are some who may take offense to the use of certain descriptive words here, perhaps we could all start by substituting the word "Licorice" if we find ourselves starting to employ an "L" word. This might avoid creating extra work for the mods and keep threads from being locked licoriced.

Good point folks. Since there are some who may take offense to the use of certain descriptive words here, perhaps we could all start by substituting the word "Licorice" if we find ourselves starting to employ an "L" word. This might avoid creating extra work for the mods and keep threads from being locked licoriced.

Wasn't that the kind of nonsense that is resulting in us losing our gun rights? Pandering to people's feelings rather than dealing with the cold, hard truths of life?

Initiatives can be overruled cant they? I mean, not that it will happen in a 2nd Amendment case

But didnt Oregon voters reject same sex marriage a while back only to have the state say too bad and make it legal anyway?

It was California with Prop 8 banning gay marriages. It passed with a significant majority but they found a judge to issue a stay and the courts there ultimately called it unconstitutional, thwarting the will of the voters. Precedent has been set.

My only issue with liberals is they vote for democrats, who then vote to take away our rights. Not saying you vote that way but every liberal I know personally sure does.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top