JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The question:
Can a WA FFL legally release a gun after the 10 day mark if there is no response from local LE?

The situation:
Bought a Beretta CX4 Storm on gun broker. The Seller was an FFL and shipped promptly. It arrived, I signed paperwork, and have been doing the waiting game. I have made lots of purchases of pistols, rifles, etc. over the years, my most recent semi auto rifle transfer being about 6 months ago, which cleared on time. Since then I've done numerous pistol transfers, all of which cleared within days. Now I'm well past the 10 day mark on this rifle and wondering what gives. High volume slowing things down no doubt.

I know there's probably a thread on here that answers this question, but I couldn't find it amidst the slew of OR 114 background check wait time threads.

The question:
Can a WA FFL legally release a gun after the 10 day mark if there is no response from local LE?

The situation:
Bought a Beretta CX4 Storm on gun broker. The Seller was an FFL and shipped promptly. It arrived, I signed paperwork, and have been doing the waiting game. I have made lots of purchases of pistols, rifles, etc. over the years, my most recent semi auto rifle transfer being about 6 months ago, which cleared on time. Since then I've done numerous pistol transfers, all of which cleared within days. Now I'm well past the 10 day mark on this rifle and wondering what gives. High volume slowing things down no doubt.

I know there's probably a thread on here that answers this question, but I couldn't find it amidst the slew of OR 114 background check wait time threads.
This is an "assault rifle" now in this state. Did you tell them you had passed the needed safety course? After that its an automatic 10 business day wait for the clear. Are you past the 10 Business days? If so I guess ask the FFL if they have any way to find out what's going on?

This is an "assault rifle" now in this state. Did you tell them you had passed the needed safety course? After that its an automatic 10 business day wait for the clear. Are you past the 10 Business days? If so I guess ask the FFL if they have any way to find out what's going on?
Yep, hence the "buy it now" approach. The shop has my cert on file. I buy a lot of guns through them. I'm definitely past the 10 business days. FFL says they'll keep checking.

If you have a common name it takes longer for the system. I'm the only one in the us with my name so it's always instant. That's what I've been told at ffl places in Oregon and wash

Yep, hence the "buy it now" approach. The shop has my cert on file. I buy a lot of guns through them. I'm definitely past the 10 business days. FFL says they'll keep checking.
Sadly then its probably stuck in limbo while some desk jockey for the State has better things to do. 🤬
Several departments have to shuffle the OK on these and of course they are staffed by people who can't be fired so they do not care. Now unless something has changed I have not heard about the FFL "can" let the gun walk now BUT, many will not do so. I do not blame those who will not. The AG of this state has unlimited money to make their life miserable if anything ever goes "wrong". :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top