JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
been reading through a lot of the current threads for concealed carry and just wondering how many members on here subscribe to USCCA? I was previously a member back when I first got my carry permit but during the high gas prices during Obummers administration and I elected to drop the coverage and save the money. I don't carry very often nowadays as I work so often but I do keep a P365 in my console safe at all times and I do travel to Eugene once a month to visit with my parents and usually have a firearm at my waist anytime I have drive through downtown Eugene or Springfield and am now considering reapplying with the insurance service.

I was a member a while back, and even took their Instructor Certification

was a good program and the insurance was decent enough..... WA legislature banned those kinds of policies and that took a lot of the wind out of the sails up here.

Their CCW classes werent recognized for Oregon CCW requirements back then either, not sure about now though

I live in the mountains 12 miles from the nearest paved road on a 20 acre parcel with two large dogs. If they ever managed to make it into the house through the dogs theyd not make it back out of the house and my nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. I doubt that anyone would hear shots fired even if I wasn't suppressed but if they did there are so many of us rednecks out there it wouldn't be noticed . We also own a backhoe for funeral services. All joking aside I do see your point though.

As you can see from my autosig, I used to have it until Jackboot Jay, Sideshow Bob, and that crook Mike Kreidler made it illegal to have here.
If it were still legal in WA, I'd still have it. I made a point to go meet my local USCCA-sponsored attorney and get on a first-name basis with him.
Then that crook of an IC Kreidler pulled the rug out from under us all. bubbleguming bastard...

As you can see from my autosig, I used to have it until Jackboot Jay, Sideshow Bob, and that crook Mike Kreidler made it illegal to have here.
If it were still legal in WA, I'd still have it. I made a point to go meet my local USCCA-sponsored attorney and get on a first-name basis with him.
Then that crook of an IC Kreidler pulled the rug out from under us all. bubbleguming bastard...
how in the hell can the state of Washington make it illegal to have insurance? Hell, automotive insurance is mandatory why wouldn't they want a citizen to have insurance to cover in a life and death situation. Then again, we are talking about Washington and Oregon usually follows suite right behind Washington and California. Still, it seems strange that firearms are allowed and so are concealed carry permits but legal aid for carry holders isn't?

how in the hell can the state of Washington make it illegal to have insurance? Hell, automotive insurance is mandatory why wouldn't they want a citizen to have insurance to cover in a life and death situation. Then again, we are talking about Washington and Oregon usually follows suite right behind Washington and California. Still, it seems strange that firearms are allowed and so are concealed carry permits but legal aid for carry holders isn't?
They adopted the same approach as NY under Andrew Cuomo, and rebranded it "murder insurance"... :rolleyes:
Same way that NRA's carry insurance got thrown out of NY state.

Last Edited:
I still subscribe to the magazine, and actually carried USCCA insurance for a couple of years. I actually thought I was covered for three years until I found out otherwise. Murder insurance? Just another way of saying, in-your-face, that for any shoot you're considered guilty until proven innocent.

Folks, it isn't just USCCA and other insurance for firearm owners that felt the sting of that IC ruling. If WA residents look again at the current fine print in their home liability insurance policy, they will find that self defense coverage is gone; in fact, no insurance company registered to do business in WA will cover liability for any injury you inflict in defense of self or others, no matter if your actions were necessary, justified, and even blessed by your sheriff and district attorney as totally legal. No liability coverage for your own acts of violence, period. One year you had it, the next year you did not; Mike Kreidler's ruling fell squarely in between.

I haven't had a chance to read through all of the red tape in Oregon's new senate bill 348 that just passed after measure 114 was tied up in court litigation but I wonder now if there isn't something in there as well against Oregonians for legal protection for carry, I wouldn't be a bit surprised! It doesn't go into effect till next summer but it still infringes on our second amendments rights as well. Idaho is looking more and more appealing for retirement.

I carried it for couple years and let it lapse…… wasn't a bill priority while getting 27 credits a quarter while in school. Spent all day on campus so little time in day for work.
Probably for the better…. By the time I got back around to it….. was illegal in WA.
I asked customer service if they offered any recourse for members who invested so much and policies were swept from under them because of WA laws. They didn't have a refund of any kind, suggestion or apology. It's not their fault but think they'd offer a referral or gift or something for those who paid into it for awhile.
As it was mentioned….. they emailed a lot too. Ads and basic literature. Boring …
I still check in on the YouTube channel for news and convos.

I did enjoy getting the conceal carry magazine but I'm not going to subscribe just to get another magazine. I think there must be other publications out there for carry tactics and new developments in holstering

. . . . I asked customer service if they offered any recourse for members who invested so much and policies were swept from under them because of WA laws. They didn't have a refund of any kind, suggestion or apology. It's not their fault but think they'd offer a referral or gift or something for those who paid into it for awhile. . . .
My USCCA coverage had continued (they claimed) until it's normal expiration date in spite of the Insurance Commissioner's ruling. It's impossible to prove or disprove that coverage after the fact, since I didn't need to make a claim. Regardless, I complained strongly about their failure to timely notify me that coverage was in question; apparently my persistent (but polite) complaint warranted a one-year complimentary subscription to their magazine. After that year ended, I continued the subscription (mostly because it has more pages of informative content than advertising).

I carried it for couple years and let it lapse…… wasn't a bill priority while getting 27 credits a quarter while in school. Spent all day on campus so little time in day for work.
Probably for the better…. By the time I got back around to it….. was illegal in WA.
I asked customer service if they offered any recourse for members who invested so much and policies were swept from under them because of WA laws. They didn't have a refund of any kind, suggestion or apology. It's not their fault but think they'd offer a referral or gift or something for those who paid into it for awhile.
As it was mentioned….. they emailed a lot too. Ads and basic literature. Boring …
I still check in on the YouTube channel for news and convos.
USCCA extended the magazine subscription to me for 2 years free of charge after I was canceled by Kreep Kreidler...

My USCCA coverage had continued (they claimed) until it's normal expiration date in spite of the Insurance Commissioner's ruling. It's impossible to prove or disprove that coverage after the fact, since I didn't need to make a claim.
As did mine, or so they said. Again, as you say, no way to know for sure since I never filed a claim.
Regardless, I complained strongly about their failure to timely notify me that coverage was in question; apparently my persistent (but polite) complaint warranted a one-year complimentary subscription to their magazine. After that year ended, I continued the subscription (mostly because it has more pages of informative content than advertising).
Funny that you didn't get any notice... I received both letters and direct emails indicating to me many months in advance of my insurance termination that Kreep Kreidler had killed it and that they were going to have to drop my coverage. I had plenty of advance notice. You sure you didn't throw the mail away?

As did mine, or so they said. Again, as you say, no way to know for sure since I never filed a claim.

Funny that you didn't get any notice... I received both letters and direct emails indicating to me many months in advance of my insurance termination that Kreep Kreidler had killed it and that they were going to have to drop my coverage. I had plenty of advance notice. You sure you didn't throw the mail away?
Ookay, I'll take that to be a serious question. Yes, I am sure I didn't throw the mail away or dump any emails. I got zero notice. Maybe they sent mine to your address?
My first indication of a problem was failure of my coverage to automatically renew as expected. So, I tried to renew on-line and that's when I got my first notice that coverage was no longer available to WA residents.

I really wish I'd received some advance notice, or an excess of advance notice like you, because then I'd have maybe gotten a complimentary two-year subscription instead of just one year. ;)

Last Edited:
Ookay, I'll take that to be a serious question. Yes, I am sure I didn't throw the mail away or dump any emails. I got zero notice. Maybe they sent mine to your address?
My first indication of a problem was failure of my coverage to automatically renew as expected. So, I tried to renew on-line and that's when I got my first notice that coverage was no longer available to WA residents.
Well, it was a serious question, and with zero intent of being snarky. I often throw out shiit that I find out to my detriment later that I should've been more discriminating in my mail/email sorting. So, I wondered if maybe you occasionally did that, too. There was no accusatory tone implied nor diss meant...

Oh, and I didn't get any mail addressed to Gary or to a place on Salmon Creek. At least, none that I haven't thrown away... :)
I really wish I'd received some advance notice, or an excess of advance notice like you, because then I'd have maybe gotten a complimentary two-year subscription instead of just one year. ;)
That woulda been great, but, alas... :(

Any thoughts on US LawShield?

Haven't had the time to look into it. It is my understanding that they are currently the only carry insurance company allowed to do business in WA. It's apparently because their business model differs from all of those others that Kreep Kreidler outlawed. I haven't looked into their business model to see what's different about their insurance. But If you have, then by all means, spill!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top