JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shield was my first EDC and I carried it for awhile but my g45 gets more sunlight now, once you're acclimated to carrying a big gun it's not an issue
Yup! I quite often carry an all steel Commander 1911 and it's more comfortable just because I have a holster that fits me better. It is a little easier to hide the Shield, but not much.

S&W Performance Center Launches Red Dot-Equipped M&P Shield M2.0 with 4-Inch Barrel -

M&P | Smith & Wesson

Performance Center | Smith & Wesson

If someone has the SKU for the model(s) with the optic, let me know. What I see on S&W 's site is "Optic Ready" which is not the same thing as "included"

SKU: 11786
Their website says "Optic Ready" as you mention however in the description it says.

Features
• Optic Ready Slide
4 MOA Red Dot Sight Included
• PC Tuned Action

Kind of odd (stupid) the way they word it, my take on it was the same as yours when I first read their listings.:confused:

The Shields shown on their webpage with red dots mounted and listed as "Optic Ready" show as 4 MOA Red Dot Sight Included in the description. They need a proof reader that understands their products.:rolleyes:

I really like the Shield. I've never cared for the XD line, but that's just me. I don't own a Shield, but the wife does. I bought it at Christmas for $250.00. I added a set of Trijicons and the Apex Trigger system. It's a great carry piece for her and she carries it daily.

Congrats on the CCL! No experience with the Shield 9mm as I carry a Shield .45, but those who I know do, swear by it. You might also consider the M&P 2.0 Compact with 3.6" barrel, negligibly larger and 15+1 capacity...
I went from a Shield to that M&P 2.0 3.6". That gun is awesome. Trigger is much better. Far easier to shoot as well. It is marginally larger than the Shield and I don't have to carry an extra mag.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top