JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shield was my first EDC and I carried it for awhile but my g45 gets more sunlight now, once you're acclimated to carrying a big gun it's not an issue
Yup! I quite often carry an all steel Commander 1911 and it's more comfortable just because I have a holster that fits me better. It is a little easier to hide the Shield, but not much.

S&W Performance Center Launches Red Dot-Equipped M&P Shield M2.0 with 4-Inch Barrel -

M&P | Smith & Wesson

Performance Center | Smith & Wesson

If someone has the SKU for the model(s) with the optic, let me know. What I see on S&W 's site is "Optic Ready" which is not the same thing as "included"

SKU: 11786
Their website says "Optic Ready" as you mention however in the description it says.

Features
• Optic Ready Slide
4 MOA Red Dot Sight Included
• PC Tuned Action

Kind of odd (stupid) the way they word it, my take on it was the same as yours when I first read their listings.:confused:

The Shields shown on their webpage with red dots mounted and listed as "Optic Ready" show as 4 MOA Red Dot Sight Included in the description. They need a proof reader that understands their products.:rolleyes:

I really like the Shield. I've never cared for the XD line, but that's just me. I don't own a Shield, but the wife does. I bought it at Christmas for $250.00. I added a set of Trijicons and the Apex Trigger system. It's a great carry piece for her and she carries it daily.

Congrats on the CCL! No experience with the Shield 9mm as I carry a Shield .45, but those who I know do, swear by it. You might also consider the M&P 2.0 Compact with 3.6" barrel, negligibly larger and 15+1 capacity...
I went from a Shield to that M&P 2.0 3.6". That gun is awesome. Trigger is much better. Far easier to shoot as well. It is marginally larger than the Shield and I don't have to carry an extra mag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top