JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will indeed ... We are still planning our summer "tour" and I will post dates and locations when I can.
Andy
I forgot to mention, make sure you let us know if you're holding an event near Portland or Vancouver. I'm sure there are a ton of us who would love to chat and shoot some of your guns, I among them! lol

I see this thread was started back in OCTOBER by Andy I read some of them you guys should check out the Event 's and get together 's I got the chance to meet Andy on Saturday and see some of his guns he has some very nice old guns and I plan on going to one of his groups shoots soon he's a really nice guy and I learned alot in the little time I had look under the Brandet foundation

Every time I'm in a gun shop looking at something, invariably, the conversation turns to self-defense or some kind of conversation about "tactics". The truth is, as a Cold War Kid I'm more of a history buff than anything. I just buy guns because I like them, and I like to shoot them - it is a lot of fun. That is a good enough reason for me.

Every time I'm in a gun shop looking at something, invariably, the conversation turns to self-defense or some kind of conversation about "tactics". The truth is, as a Cold War Kid I'm more of a history buff than anything. I just buy guns because I like them, and I like to shoot them - it is a lot of fun. That is a good enough reason for me.
I started buying guns for hunting then went to self defense now I got hunting and self defense guns so now I'm going to come full circle and start buying something with some history behind it at least what I can afford lol even if it is a 1911 that gun has lots of history

Figured that was your profile from the Hustler in your av... Grandpa bounced from Hickam, to BUFFs at Westover with the 99th, to slinging wrenches on the 496's Deuces at Hahn for USAFE, to a year in HellCHAD in France being on the last plane out when Dickless DeGaulle did his bullsh*t, and finally ended up working on the 318th's Sixes at McChord... PACAF and USAFE were "Mehs" to him other than 1960s Germany being a nice place for a tour, but he always had intense pride in his 99th and 318th assignments, having been part of both America's "sword and shield" in the Cold War.

he always had intense pride in his 99th and 318th assignments, having been part of both America's "sword and shield" in the Cold War.

My hats off to your Grandfather. Those guys lived an incredible story, and had a real sense of the world, and of our place in it.

Nowadays people very rarely, if ever, consider the possibility of a nuclear holocaust. I was in grade school in Los Angeles during the Reagan years and I vividly remember watching movies in class about nuclear attack, and doing the drills.. I feel lucky I got to see the tail end of a significant chapter in world history.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top