JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recommend the CZ for the following reasons: 1. It has a forged receiver and a hammer forged barrel (quality like a brand name centerfire). 2. It is small and can be converted to a magazine fed arm later, when she is ready. 3. Integral scope mounts milled into the receiver. 4. Can be upsized to a full size stock when she is large enough. 4. .22 rimfire attains almost all of its velocity in 16 inches. 5. Accuracy like an Anchutz (I know several who have them and all say the same). 6. Reliable as any arm out there. 7. In the long run it's cheaper than buying a cheap arm now and then upgrading later. I know one kid who is now in his 20s who still loves the CZ he has been using since childhood. SUGGESTIONS: Give her LOTS of fun success early on: large targets she hits most of the time; balloons that pop; biodegradable clay pigeons up close; CCI subsonic ammo (710 feet per second and sounds like a pellet gun); start her with a rest on a small table with a set up that fits her size; lots of praise and fun; take the bolt out and let her handle the rifle at home a lot, till she feels very comfortable with it; play a game I all "I see your muzzle" and call it every time you can even see the muzzle hole from any angle - and let her call it on you as you handle the arm; praise her for muzzle safety and other safety procedures as much any other aspect. Fun safety is a huge part of your goal. - SKBBUM

That was a lot of reading!
Here's what little I know: the CZ owners are devoted to their rifles, (I don't own one, yet) and I don't see much discussion of what they're gonna do next to "fix it up." They seem to be already G2G out of the box, and that says a lot.

The 10/22's are indeed popular and for good reason, BUT there IS a lot of discussion and a wide variety of upgrade parts available for them, which is good for customization but also speaks to a stock item that maybe (like usually) needs tuning (+$). My 22/45 pistol needed tuning and now it's great, I mean it is a fabulous .22 pistol- but it didn't start out that way.

I have a Savage MKII that started out as an SR-FV and it also needed quite a bit of tuning, I really disliked the resin stock, the bolt was rough and needed polishing, however the stock trigger is good and the rifle is really accurate for the money, but IMO it's more of a 'project gun' than anything. I'm glad I have it and would probably do it again, but it needed work to get it where it is now.

Of the lot which I know something about, the CZ seems like the least effort and probably best quality for the money; that'd be the one I'd look at for a little critter to learn on.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top