JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also know of some Rossi's that are okay. But too many I've experienced are just rougher than a cob, both in fit and finish.

When Marlin's became unavailable at any price, I also rationalized that the Rossi's might be a viable replacement. But I came to my senses. To me, they just are not. And if a feller does get one that looks okay, and/or works okay, I am pleased for him.

You'll not find a smoother working lever than my 1894, but it's over 100 years old and has had a bit of use. It's not just Pre-war, it was made during WWI.
I really like the 357 in a handgun. I LOVE the 41 Mag, even though I don't have one any more. The Magnum pistol cartridges really wake up in a 20" barrel, but they shed that velocity and energy quickly. Unless I was sure all of my shots were going to be less than 50 yards, I wouldn't trade my 30-30 for any of them.
The 77/357 is something I find cool, but it would probably go the way of my Marlin 1894 in 41 Mag, and that's "Down the Road". Try finding one of those now...

When people panic and buy ammo, the Magnum pistol cartridges disappear way before the 30-30.

20200420_175923.jpg

Something to consider in regards to : "fighting rifles"....
Any rifle can be a fighting rifle.

No need to roll over and wait to die....just 'cause you find yourself in situation where you need a "fighting rifle"...
and you are armed with a rifle that ain't on some sort of fighting rifle list.

Are some rifles better fighting rifles that others....maybe.
That said...I would rather have a rifle...that I know inside and out...and shoot well...that ain't on some sort of fighting rifle list...
Than a rifle that makes the list...but I don't use as well.

Having some experience with combat....
To be blunt...hits matter....that and the willingness to actually shoot at another person.
Everything else is secondary and or personal preference in regards to "fighting rifles."
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany