JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I might be getting one (stainless) I have had one in the past I reload so I can customize my loads I like 270 to 320s 900 to 1,100 fps but I might be wanting a double action my plans are to shoot for fun maybe hunt and a trail gun not sure on the trail gun as I have a G45 that might fit that job better what are your thoughts

I've owned many, and still do. I cut my teeth on .44 Magnum using my very first Super Blackhawk with a 7-1/2" barrel. I got good with it.

Thru the years I've had longer barrels, and certainly shorter.

My favorite, or most used Super Blackhawk is now my 3-3/4" barrel model.

Let me say too, just because it's a .44 Magnum, nothing says it has to be loaded to painful levels to be effective. A 240 grain hardcast bullet loaded to 1050+/- fps is still very formidable.

And since you mentioned DA, I also have a 629. Love it.

My purposes have morphed. The Super Blackhawk has become a trail gun, where the 629 has become an actual hunting revolver.

Either way, they are both winners.

I like the stainless ones for my fishing trips. Where I use to fish with my father had a real problem with feral dogs. The stainless Ruger revolvers are nice, and reliable.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top