JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a sig 556, had issues so got rid of it. I've seen plenty of the 556 models having issues at the range. No matter what you say, I won't be putting my life on Sig. I'll be trusting my AK, my AUG, and my Colt.

Before claiming perfection ? Just showing things happen. Are the Sig's BLOWING UP LIKE THE GLOCKS DID ?

How is this any better or worse than a breakage of the striker or trigger? A malfunction like any of them poses serious consequences. Glocks "perfection" nonsense was a marketing catch phrase. They are not immune to malfunction, buuuut Glocks track record for reliabity currently and hostirically is superior to Sig USA. And you know what? When Glock started making guns in the US, we have seen an uptick in frequency of issues with them. Maybe we Americans really can't build anything for crap, or we have grown used to low wages, poor quality, and shoddy workmanship.

Sig Sauer was known for top tier quality. Sig USA, not so much. Kimber suffered (suffers) similar problems. When you cheap out, you pay for it.

In Sig's case, you know what's funny, they claim that of 40,000 guns shipped, 0.08% are defective. They must have 320 on the brain, because 0.08% of 40,000 is 32. A 0.08% failure rate is astronomically low. Lower than Glock, lower than HK, lower than any gun maker today. Even .8% is very low, almost too low to believe, that'd be 320.

Dead triggers, broken strikers, busted recoil spring assemblies, and unsupported chambers are all inexcusable.

Ive owned literally dozens of SIG guns over the years. Every one of them functioned and fired flawlessly. Most of them were Exeter guns. Ive never owned any of the flavor of the week guns SIG pumps out but the 22X series and rifles have always worked 100% for me. I have no idea why SIG gets the hate it does sometimes.

To me if I want to see crap guns I look at Springfield.

I've had a few Norco SKSs and they were junk to me. Inaccurate and poorly made. I will take American engineering and manufacturering aka AR15 any day over stamped , inaccurate, heavy stuff you so love. I get what you prefer. It's not me.

So Bobo.
Was your 556 made in Switzerland ? Or was it Germany. Since you said the American Sigs are nothing like the ones that came from Switzerland ?
How many Sig pistols have you owned ?

The 556 model was American made, only American made. The Swiss 551s and 553s were works of art and beyond my paycheck. But hey, my inaccurate stamped wasr hits steel at 600 yards so you can stay away from AKs, means more AKs for me. Milled or stamped. :rolleyes:

As far as pistols, the rifles left me bad enough taste I didn't bother with their pistols outside of the range.

You seem like a AK guy to me. My ARs are made in America and serve me well

That's what made the SKS seem even crapier !!!!
More of a FAL guy actually. Want to know what keeps me from getting another AK? I still want to finish my Imbel. The wasr I traded into cause mom likes the AK more than the AR and SKS.

That being said, all the AKs I intend to get are foreign cause American made AKs have been mostly a sh!t show. The bottom of the barrel Romanian AK I have just needed a new fcg, cause the G2 is awful.

Getting back to the SIG P365, I really don't care what issues remain to be worked through, I'm confident that SIG will see to it that any issues are made right.

I haven't had a chance to shoot my 365 yet because I've been crazy busy at work but I expect to get to the range within the next few days.

The truth is that I'm so enamored with the innovation and ease of concealment with this little guy, coupled with the great ergonomics and the feeling of it in my hand, that I'm willing to wait it out and fix any issues that bring the pistol up to EDC standards for me. Until then I'll keep carrying my Glock 43 just like I did my Sheild 9mm before that. I really have no loyalty to any brand but I do know what feels right and what is practical.

You couldn't buy my P365 at this point if you offered me twice what I paid for it.

I'll provide a range report as soon as I get it out there.

Getting back to the SIG P365, I really don't care what issues remain to be worked through, I'm confident that SIG will see to it that any issues are made right.

I haven't had a chance to shoot my 365 yet because I've been crazy busy at work but I expect to get to the range within the next few days.

The truth is that I'm so enamored with the innovation and ease of concealment with this little guy, coupled with the great ergonomics and the feeling of it in my hand, that I'm willing to wait it out and fix any issues that bring the pistol up to EDC standards for me. Until then I'll keep carrying my Glock 43 just like I did my Sheild 9mm before that. I really have no loyalty to any brand but I do know what feels right and what is practical.

You couldn't buy my P365 at this point if you offered me twice what I paid for it.

I'll provide a range report as soon as I get it out there.

I hope you got one of the reliable samples, because it IS an amazing little gun in size vs capacity, ergonomics, concealability etc.

Did you get any of the 12 rnd mags, or just 10s? I know theres an outfit doing flat mag springs for the single stack guns that give an extra round - are the springs on the 365 flat or round?

If I have the opportunity, I will. Just need to have a closer look at one.
I know the Glock will work, I know it will fit in an ankle holster. Deep concealment is paramount for me.
Then you might like the 6+1 configuration.
'Bout the same size as G43.
I like the 8+1 because it feels like a full size in my mitts.

Last Edited:
go try one for yourself,
I've been trying to do just that and haven't come close to even detecting the week-old spoor of one on the trail....

Always 'the last one was just purchased 27 milliseconds ago' or 'our next 500 lot shipment is expected any day now' or 'we had one but the boss took it home' etc.

I've been trying to do just that and haven't come close to even detecting the week-old spoor of one on the trail....

Always 'the last one was just purchased 27 milliseconds ago' or 'our next 500 lot shipment is expected any day now' or 'we had one but the boss took it home' etc.

What gun shops are you looking at?
The small shop where I got mine has delivered about 50 or so 365's. PM me if you would like their contact information to get you on the "waiting list".

I had a sig 556, had issues so got rid of it. I've seen plenty of the 556 models having issues at the range. No matter what you say, I won't be putting my life on Sig. I'll be trusting my AK, my AUG, and my Colt.

Does anyone know where to source the P365 in Beaverton/Hillsboro or the surrounding area? A couple of shops are taking pre-orders but are saying 90 days at the earliest to get the P365 back in stock. Id gladly pay a little closer to full retail if I can get one now and not wait months on end. I'm getting impatient as I'd really like to get this in my hands and possibly make it my next edc.

Does anyone know where to source the P365 in Beaverton/Hillsboro or the surrounding area? A couple of shops are taking pre-orders but are saying 90 days at the earliest to get the P365 back in stock. Id gladly pay a little closer to full retail if I can get one now and not wait months on end. I'm getting impatient as I'd really like to get this in my hands and possibly make it my next edc.

Check in with Sportsman's Warehouse, they get them in occassionally. Sell quickly when they do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top