JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have put a lot of rounds through one of these and zero problems to report. I am at nearly 1300 rounds so far and zero malfunctions. Firing pin drag thing is BS, inside of the slide is experiencing normal wear like any other semi I have owned. Sights are awesome, trigger is fantastic. Glock fanboys gonna hate...

It is amazing how a few people with skills enough to put together a video and post some comments on line can alter perception of so many. Don't be fooled, go try one for yourself, you won't be disappointed in the least.

The primer drag issue is real. Sorry.

I was seriously considering this pistol for its capacity over my G43.

Looks like a solid pass.

I do enjoy the irony of brand specific dialogue though.

A second Sig is having issues, nothing to see hear. Move along.

Taurus has an issue, instant brand crapping.

How would I identify this? I have had 0 issues FWIW.

Check out the pictures on the last page of the spent casings. You'll notice the drag marks on the primers. Not a clean punch, but a punch then a drag across the primer face. Weakens the striker and can cause eventual breakage. Which has been documented many times with the 365.

Last Edited:
The 556 model was American made, only American made. The Swiss 551s and 553s were works of art and beyond my paycheck. But hey, my inaccurate stamped wasr hits steel at 600 yards so you can stay away from AKs, means more AKs for me. Milled or stamped. :rolleyes:

As far as pistols, the rifles left me bad enough taste I didn't bother with their pistols outside of the range.

Yes all sig 556's were American assembled.
But the early ones had swiss parts. Like the bolt, carrier, gas block, and trigger group. As well as springs and other parts.
Get one of these and you will be a happy camper.

Later guns?
Ya...……. Sig really dropped the ball on the 556 overall. And the warranty work was pizz poor. o_O

But the early ones had swiss parts. Like the bolt, carrier, gas block, and trigger group. As well as springs and other parts.

Later guns?
Ya...……. Sig really dropped the ball on the 556 overall. And the warranty work was pizz poor. o_O
If you could get the early ones they'd be worth it. But the ones they made over here? As you said, they dropped the ball on it.

I'm over 500 rounds on my P365 and feel no need to "test" it farther. After all, it is a composite plastic gun. So it will continue as my new every day carry with a short warm up ever month or so just for a reason to clean it. I am still impressed and thrilled with it. Striker drag or primer drag "experts" predicting the sky is falling will never dissuade me form my confidence in the little gun. Besides the bulk crap rounds, it feeds Hornady, and the Lehigh Defense stuff I use for carry, without fail.

Later guns?

Sig stopped making the 556 and it was a short run here from what I've read. Sounded like a problem child. You need to know what your buying. Just because it has a brand on it doesn't mean it's their best or even good.

Nice to hear some guys are liking their pistols. And not having the primer drag issues.

I'm over 500 rounds on my P365 and feel no need to "test" it farther. After all, it is a composite plastic gun. So it will continue as my new every day carry with a short warm up ever month or so just for a reason to clean it. I am still impressed and thrilled with it. Striker drag or primer drag "experts" predicting the sky is falling will never dissuade me form my confidence in the little gun. Besides the bulk crap rounds, it feeds Hornady, and the Lehigh Defense stuff I use for carry, without fail.

None of us are primer drag "experts". But primer drag DOES cause undue wear to the striker. I'm glad yours is one of the good ones. But that's the whole point. Buy a gun and hope you get a "good one"?

I was seriously considering this pistol for its capacity over my G43.

Looks like a solid pass.

I do enjoy the irony of brand specific dialogue though.

A second Sig is having issues, nothing to see hear. Move along.

Taurus has an issue, instant brand crapping.

Sig and Taurus have both had more than one issue. Taurus has had many. Besides the fact they focus their business on reproductions of another manufacturers design. While their own "in house" engineered guns fall short. :rolleyes:

And I agree, a solid pass from me as well.

Yeah, talking about known failure issues, such as drop tests and striker drag are jealousy. Could it possibly be gun owners looking out for each other? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why do so many hate on Glock and call them ugly and their owners kool-aid drinkers? Goes both ways.

BTW, I shoot the M&P 2.0 better than my Glocks. I admit it.

Yeah, talking about known failure issues, such as drop tests and striker drag are jealousy. Could it possibly be gun owners looking out for each other? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why do so many hate on Glock and call them ugly and their owners kool-aid drinkers? Goes both ways.

BTW, I shoot the M&P 2.0 better than my Glocks. I admit it.

Yes but you talk about it more than actual owners do. Ya we get it.

And Sig's poor engineering beat the gen5 Glock in the Army trials on its FIRST attempt. Get over it. Let the owners enjoy their new pistols. And let's see what customer service does with the ones that have an actual problem.

Remember Portland's police Glocks that were blowing up ! We need to keep people aware !

Yes but you talk about it more than actual owners do. Ya we get it.

And Sig's poor engineering beat the gen5 Glock in the Army trials on its FIRST attempt. Get over it. Let the owners enjoy their new pistols. And let's see what customer service does with the ones that have an actual problem.

Remember Portland's police Glocks that were blowing up ! We need to keep people aware !

Portland's police Glocks "blowing up" was 15 years ago. :rolleyes:

And......

DoD evaluation says the Army's new Sig Sauer P320 service pistol is riddled with issues | SOFREP

The Army's Brand New Handgun Already Has Some Major Problems

Problems Arise With The Army's New Handgun

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews