JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know where to source the P365 in Beaverton/Hillsboro or the surrounding area? A couple of shops are taking pre-orders but are saying 90 days at the earliest to get the P365 back in stock. Id gladly pay a little closer to full retail if I can get one now and not wait months on end. I'm getting impatient as I'd really like to get this in my hands and possibly make it my next edc.
They appear to be sold out everywhere, including on line.
Although there are a few sellers "gouging" on Gunbroker, as per standard practice.

I would wait for the "third wave" to arrive in stores.
You'll probably get a better one.

I shot one at a class the other day. The sights are spectacular. The size is great. The recoil is manageable. The capacity is awesome.
However, like almost all Sig pistols I don't get slide lockback on last round. My thumb rides on the slide stop. I will probably end up with a Glock 43 to carry next year.
Too bad, I really wanted to love this pistol. But I don't want to screw with my functional grip just to be able to shoot one Sig pistol...
o_O

:)If your looking for a glock 43, I have one that I am trying to trade for a 26. I love the size of the 43, but am looking for a higher capacity as I have switched from pocket carry to hip. The 43 will fit in the front pocket of just about any cargo or dress pant front pocket. Let me know if you know of some one in the Eugene out lying area that is interested in a 43-26 trade! I want the gen 4!

KelTec has done so well releasing innovative products before all the little issues are completely ironed out, and letting the customers be the test group and work through them with their warranties... I guess it's become a common buisness model in the industry.
We expect that from Kel Tec, not from a company that has/had a reputation for making a top notch product.
Unfortunately, consumers play right into this... Eg.. The sig P250.
It was/is a great bomb proof design...even though it has one of if not the best DAO triggers I've ever felt, there was a bigger demand for strikerfire so they killed it, and threw a striker system into the exact same chassis for the 320...and now the 250s while a more reliable platform, are discontinued and undervalued cuz everybody wants the new one that works like a Glock... including the military... And $40 per mag?!? Why?
I love me some Sig...the 220 series are peerless.. but When it comes to a poly striker fired pistol, it's better to go with the the OG. and I did.. G19x(shoulda won the contract....just sayin')
That said I want a 365 once all the hype dies down, and the issues are ironed out.
I love my Sig P250 Compact. I have put thousands of rounds through it without any problems. Excellent pistola IMHO. The P250 is the only Sig that I own with the exception of a Sig Hammerli Trailside 22lr.

Well I got the Sig P365 out for a run. I put 150 rounds of 124gr Speer Lawman through it.

I'm really liking the gun for what it is, but it does one problem. I'm guessing my P365 is the "2nd Gen" only because it has a manufacture date of April 2018 and the newer night sights.

I did not experience any of the usual problems owners complained about with the P365 except for the striker pin drag marks on the primers of all my expended brass. No failures to go in to battery whatsoever or broken striker pin so far though. Hopefully my P365 has an upgraded striker pin to prevent it from breaking. See below.

A_IMG_5065.jpg

The problem I did have was probably 10-12 failure to eject (FTE) malfunctions throughout the course of the 150 rounds I fired. It was more than enough to irritate me. The round would be spent (see the striker pin marks below) but the casing would not always extract. Sometimes, as in the picture below, the casing would partially extract and other times it would remain perfectly seated in the chamber. I could clear it and continue shooting until the next FTE would occur.

A_IMG_5043.jpg
A_IMG_5044.jpg
A_IMG_5042.jpg

So if somebody can, please tell me what will cause FTE problems. I've already googled it and there does not seem to be a lot of things that cause this. As seen in the pictures below, my extractor looks pretty good. I did see a minor blemish in the chanmber of the barrel but I'm not sure this would be significant enough to cause an FTE. Is it the extractor spring then? When this happens, is the extractor spring to stiff or too loose? Do I just need to break it in to loosen the extractor spring a little?

I'd love to hear your ideas, even if it's just to say, "send it back to SIG". Educational comments preferred but I have thick skin so have at me.

A_IMG_5047.jpg

AA_IMG_5059.jpg

A_IMG_5064.jpg

A_IMG_5061.jpg

A_IMG_5060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The extractor wants to ideally pull the case straight back and the gross primer smear shows that this is not happening.
it has to go back to sig

I would send it back and email them the pictures and let them know the fte rate. If those are raised burs in the chamber it could be causing the problem. Does a fired casing go in the chamber with little resistance or does it hang up ?

Either way send it back.

Send it back. 1 or 2 fte's could be weak ammo, or hiccup. The rough chamber and primer smear are no bueno. The primer smear comes from fast unlocking, which coupled with the rough chamber could hang it up.

Sig may replace or just polish out the barrel. But you're at an 8% failure rate, that sucks for a defensive gun. Some may say the gun needs a break in period, but modern guns should not.

I hope the gen 3 guns are winners

Well I cleaned and lubed the P365 and once again headed back to the range this morning with it. I was hopeful when I got through 39 rounds but the I had my first FTE of the day. I shot a total of 200 rounds (124gr Speer Lawman again) and experienced 15 FTE's and one stovepipe. I re-lubed the pistol at the 60 round mark to no avail. I even had two FTE's on the last round of the mag where the slide locked open and no rounds pushed in behind the FTE.

See the targets and you'll understand why I want this gun to work. The first target was 100 rounds in groups of 10 (mag capacity) at 7 yards. The second target was 100 rounds in groups of 10 at 10 yards. It's a great lil pistol but it just aint reliable yet.

Called Sig CS again with this disappointing news and they sent me an RMA and shipping label for FedEx. I'll keep you updated on this saga as it unfolds.

[youtube1]

The 7 yard groups of 10 rounds for a total of 100 rounds.

A_IMG_5081.jpg

The 10 yard groups of 10 for another total of 100 rounds (200 altogether for the day).

A_IMG_5094.jpg

And some of the issues that kept cropping up again.

A_IMG_5072.jpg

A_IMG_5087.jpg

If it was mine I would send it back immediately.
That is off the chain bad for a brand new self defense pistol.

Others may want to tinker with it, buy why ?

100% agree, you shouldn't accept that level of finish in a fairly premium-priced new weapon. I don't know if he's having the Gen 1 issues (I think there was some failures to feed?) but send it in posthaste.

For what it's worth I bought one in May(ish) and it hasn't failed a single time in about 800 rounds. Not sure if I got a unicorn or what, but clearly the failures aren't inherent to the design.

Hmm maybe I will wait to buy one then until they get it figured out. You can find them at sportsman's wearhouse. Looks like they have some in Portland right now.

100% agree, you shouldn't accept that level of finish in a fairly premium-priced new weapon. I don't know if he's having the Gen 1 issues (I think there was some failures to feed?) but send it in posthaste.

For what it's worth I bought one in May(ish) and it hasn't failed a single time in about 800 rounds. Not sure if I got a unicorn or what, but clearly the failures aren't inherent to the design.

I'm not experiencing any of the "Gen 1" issues. Not FTF's. Mine will return to battery every time if that is what you are referring to. I'm getting all FTE's with mine.

There are many new P365 owners that received great specimens, just like yours. But, there are also many that received specimens like mine. Luck of the draw I guess.

I am not attempting to, nor am I intending to bash Sig or the P365. I actually love the gun. I really want it to work. I am simply stating the facts as I have experienced them. I am still optimistic that Sig will make this right for me. I want to carry this innovative new design. I just can't do that in the condition that I received it.

I did send it back today Thursday 06/21/18 via FedEx. I'll update you with my impressions and the results when I get it back.

Before I sent it, I contacted the CS rep one last time to let him know that the front sight had failed also. The tritium in the rear sights was glowing brightly but the front sight had no luminescence at all when subjected to complete darkness. I had read that the front sights tritium had been failing too so I checked mine before I packed it up and sure enough I was right.

When they sent me my RMA via e-mail, it said that they will not address/fix any issues that were not previously discussed with the Sig CS rep. So I called to discuss the front sight with him to ensure I do get that fixed as well.

There are more than enough reported issues with primer drag and function failures that no way I'd trust my life to one.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top