JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From the moment Sig's new P365 became a blip on my radar, I knew I would eventually have to own one. I'm a sucker for these sub compact 9's. Never encountered one quite as elusive as the P365 has proven itself to be so when this opportunity knocked I had to seize the moment.

Got a good deal from a fellow Wagunner on this and now I'm aching to get it out to the range.

In a brief scan of the reviews on the web I've seen a few opinions that implied there were issues or problems with this pistol? These opinions were not specific though. Does anyone know of or have any insight regarding anything negative about the P365? I'm already totally infatuated with this pistol and all of the features of it that can be experienced, without having actually shot the damn thing yet.

Anyone that has been wanting to give one of these a whirl is welcome to be my guest for an outing at the range. I'll supply the P365, 9mm ammo and the range if we can work out a day to get together. Shoot me a PM.

A_IMG_5017.jpg

A_IMG_5019.jpg

A_IMG_5022.jpg

A_IMG_5023.jpg

Last Edited:
Your the one that bought into this gun.
The burden is on you to go shoot it.. And report back to us.

I would like to own one some day. ;)

Specifically?

I have heard of the front sight triennium insert falling out. The inside of the slide being hammered by the barrel on recoil. And return to battery problems you can look up on You tube.

Last Edited:

Along with some other current SIG faults with the 320 line. Sure lemons to lemons but its become way to prevalent in recent time.

I'm really interested in these too! If they can manage to fix the problems with them, seems like they have bad firing pins, then I'm turning in my shield 9mm for one of these. Until they can prove themselves I'll happily carry my shield.

I shot one at a class the other day. The sights are spectacular. The size is great. The recoil is manageable. The capacity is awesome.
However, like almost all Sig pistols I don't get slide lockback on last round. My thumb rides on the slide stop. I will probably end up with a Glock 43 to carry next year.
Too bad, I really wanted to love this pistol. But I don't want to screw with my functional grip just to be able to shoot one Sig pistol...
o_O

I have put a lot of rounds through one of these and zero problems to report. I am at nearly 1300 rounds so far and zero malfunctions. Firing pin drag thing is BS, inside of the slide is experiencing normal wear like any other semi I have owned. Sights are awesome, trigger is fantastic. Glock fanboys gonna hate...

It is amazing how a few people with skills enough to put together a video and post some comments on line can alter perception of so many. Don't be fooled, go try one for yourself, you won't be disappointed in the least.

I have put a lot of rounds through one of these and zero problems to report. I am at nearly 1300 rounds so far and zero malfunctions. Firing pin drag thing is BS, inside of the slide is experiencing normal wear like any other semi I have owned. Sights are awesome, trigger is fantastic. Glock fanboys gonna hate...

It is amazing how a few people with skills enough to put together a video and post some comments on line can alter perception of so many. Don't be fooled, go try one for yourself, you won't be disappointed in the least.

How many models does Sig make compared to Glock ? Glock does one thing and no one remembers the gen4 issues.

If I was a plastic sight fanboy I wouldn't like Sig's either. Lol ;)

I remember Sig Sauer having enough issues with their 556 models they just don't bother with it.

Sig USA is nothing like Sig Switzerland... Which is no longer Sig anyways.

Sig QC is garbage, which does a big disservice to their customers. Sig USA has gotten away from being a premium gun builder, now they are a gun lifestyle company pumping out unfinished designs, dozens if subdesigns of existing models, cheap made in china optics, ammunition, t shirts, ball caps and vinyl stuckers :rolleyes:

Their QC went to hell with their metal guns years back, but they keep making 'special' edition guns "carry" models with full grips and short barrels, and they keep having huge qc issues. They have lost police contracts because they shipped broken and non functioning guns, they shipped guns that were different from agreed upon models... NJ State Police sued Sig over their malfunctioning or non functional guns and wound up buying Glocks, because they needed a gun that worked.

Then the 320 fiasco hit, and instead of giving the 320 some time to make sure the fix works as advertized, they push out the 365, which they had to stop production on, make design changes, before beginning production again, and they still have issues. Look at the pictures and video coming out on these guns. A lot are breaking with less than 1000 rounds down range.

Its such a great concept, and Sig hit home runs with the sights, the ergos, the capacity - but their poor QC and design work popped up in the striker and trigger assemblies. Its not anti sig glock fanbois hating on Sig, its Sig buyers warning people about crap QC so Sig will fix the issue. For a gun marketed to defensive carry, the gun has way too many failures. Broken strikers broken triggers, broken sights, peening barrels and slides... poor execution on a great idea. Glad your gun is working well, but these guns have problems. I hope Sig fixes it and the gen 3 guns work like they should.

And yes, every gun maker has issues. Glock gen 4s, Glock late model gen 3 NYPD guns, Glock gen 5 early issues

Gun makers in general seem to be saying to he with getting a new design right before publuc release, let the public beta test it, and fix it later. Sig is going the way of Remington and Mossberg.

Its such a great concept, and Sig hit home runs with the sights, the ergos, the capacity - but their poor QC and design work popped up in the striker and trigger assemblies. Its not anti sig glock fanbois hating on Sig, its Sig buyers warning people about crap QC so Sig will fix the issue. For a gun marketed to defensive carry, the gun has way too many failures. Broken strikers broken triggers, broken sights, peening barrels and slides, Guide rods pushing out of frames while firing... poor execution on a great idea. Glad your gun is working well, but these guns have problems. I hope Sig fixes it and the gen 3 guns work like they should.

And yes, every gun maker has issues. Glock gen 4s, Glock late model gen 3 NYPD guns, Glock gen 5 early issues

Gun makers in general seem to be saying to he with getting a new design right before publuc release, let the public beta test it, and fix it later. Sig is going the way of Remington and Mossberg.

This,

Also added my personal encounter with a 320. As a side note to questions of validity, I was barely able to put 300rnds through my P320C 45 before it decided to try and shoot the guide rod out with it as well as a bullet. I've read complaints online about guide rods poking out on SIG forums but none to the extreme of it actually sliding fully out while firing. SIG assures this is normal for a slight protrusion from the frame.

Lemons are a thing but as stated earlier this is way too common as of late to really be just a bad lot shipped if LEO's are recalling and personal sales are returning. I play the field with hand gats with brands so I don't really have a favorite company preference just a "will it just work? and when I MAY need to use it defensively?"
wat.jpg

Last Edited:

It's nice to hear from an actual owner and person that shoots one. And 1300 rounds with no faliures sounds like a solid pistol. Owners love them non owners cry. My P226 and sp2022 are dependable, accurate and fit me like a glove USA made pistols. My p938 will outshoot many full size pistols at 50'. It's always on my side. QC did a great job on mine. I'm still waiting for my first malfunction as well.

Sig QC is garbage, which does a big disservice to their customers. Sig USA has gotten away from being a premium gun builder, now they are a gun lifestyle company pumping out unfinished designs, dozens if subdesigns of existing models, cheap made in china optics, ammunition, t shirts, ball caps and vinyl stuckers :rolleyes:

Their QC went to hell with their metal guns years back, but they keep making 'special' edition guns "carry" models with full grips and short barrels, and they keep having huge qc issues. They have lost police contracts because they shipped broken and non functioning guns, they shipped guns that were different from agreed upon models... NJ State Police sued Sig over their malfunctioning or non functional guns and wound up buying Glocks, because they needed a gun that worked.

Then the 320 fiasco hit, and instead of giving the 320 some time to make sure the fix works as advertized, they push out the 365, which they had to stop production on, make design changes, before beginning production again, and they still have issues. Look at the pictures and video coming out on these guns. A lot are breaking with less than 1000 rounds down range.

Its such a great concept, and Sig hit home runs with the sights, the ergos, the capacity - but their poor QC and design work popped up in the striker and trigger assemblies. Its not anti sig glock fanbois hating on Sig, its Sig buyers warning people about crap QC so Sig will fix the issue. For a gun marketed to defensive carry, the gun has way too many failures. Broken strikers broken triggers, broken sights, peening barrels and slides... poor execution on a great idea. Glad your gun is working well, but these guns have problems. I hope Sig fixes it and the gen 3 guns work like they should.

I couldn't agree more.

KelTec has done so well releasing innovative products before all the little issues are completely ironed out, and letting the customers be the test group and work through them with their warranties... I guess it's become a common buisness model in the industry.
We expect that from Kel Tec, not from a company that has/had a reputation for making a top notch product.
Unfortunately, consumers play right into this... Eg.. The sig P250.
It was/is a great bomb proof design...even though it has one of if not the best DAO triggers I've ever felt, there was a bigger demand for strikerfire so they killed it, and threw a striker system into the exact same chassis for the 320...and now the 250s while a more reliable platform, are discontinued and undervalued cuz everybody wants the new one that works like a Glock... including the military... And $40 per mag?!? Why?
I love me some Sig...the 220 series are peerless.. but When it comes to a poly striker fired pistol, it's better to go with the the OG. and I did.. G19x(shoulda won the contract....just sayin')
That said I want a 365 once all the hype dies down, and the issues are ironed out.

Portland Police Bureau recalls .45 caliber Glock weapons after incidents

Portland Police Chief Derrick Foxworth has ordered a recall of .45-caliber Glock Model 21 firearms, weapons carried by 230 Portland officers.

His order comes after two of the guns exploded in the hands of two separate officers during training this month. Neither of the officers was seriously injured.

"We don't want a reoccurrence of this happening again," Foxworth said. "It's the prudent thing to do."

The Portland Police Bureau at first thought the problem was caused by an ammunition malfunction. After the second explosion, the bureau's training division did further analysis and determined the explosions may have been caused by a defect in the weapon or a design problem.

Police will switch to 9 mm handguns. They are negotiating with officials at Georgia-based Glock to replace the .45-caliber weapons with 9 mm handguns at no cost.

Because the .45-caliber Glock is popular among law enforcement, the Portland police training officers sent a teletype to agencies nationwide. They heard back from several, including agencies in Florida and Texas, that had similar problems.

Other agencies, including the Los Angeles Police Department, and Multnomah and Clackamas counties sheriff's departments, reported no problems.

Portland Police Bureau recalls .45 caliber Glock weapons after incidents

Portland Police Chief Derrick Foxworth has ordered a recall of .45-caliber Glock Model 21 firearms, weapons carried by 230 Portland officers.

His order comes after two of the guns exploded in the hands of two separate officers during training this month. Neither of the officers was seriously injured.

"We don't want a reoccurrence of this happening again," Foxworth said. "It's the prudent thing to do."

The Portland Police Bureau at first thought the problem was caused by an ammunition malfunction. After the second explosion, the bureau's training division did further analysis and determined the explosions may have been caused by a defect in the weapon or a design problem.

Police will switch to 9 mm handguns. They are negotiating with officials at Georgia-based Glock to replace the .45-caliber weapons with 9 mm handguns at no cost.

Because the .45-caliber Glock is popular among law enforcement, the Portland police training officers sent a teletype to agencies nationwide. They heard back from several, including agencies in Florida and Texas, that had similar problems.

Other agencies, including the Los Angeles Police Department, and Multnomah and Clackamas counties sheriff's departments, reported no problems.
This was 15 years ago.

In a way yes the 320 did, but it was because of a reload someone used even though they were sure of their ability.

Like you say though, things can happen to anything.

P320 Blows Up But Keeps On Working - The Firearm Blog

Thanks for the artical. But really confirms my belief of Sig making a solid pistol. And the Army making the right decision. Putting Glock owners emotions aside, they make good firearms. IMO

FROM THE ARTICLE

My daughter had a factory double charge go off in her p320. Besides scaring the hell out of her she was fine. She actually finished the match with that gun.
I put a new extractor in, changed the grip, fired 200 rounds real quick to function check.
She is still shooting the same gun to this day. Only thing that was changed was the frame & extractor. This was 7months & about 10,000 rounds later. With same fcu, striker, slide, extractor spring.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top