JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here get the P365XL only to later discover they liked the P365, 365L better?

Lets keep the discussion to these models please. And, I'm intrested in barrel/slide length only. Grip modules are cheap.

I have several other Sigs, Glocks, 1911, LCP, & revolvers. They all have pros n cons discussed in many other threads.

So, do you have the 365XL and wish you would have gotten the 365 or even the 365L?

Anyone here get the P365XL only to later discover they liked the P365, 365L better?

Lets keep the discussion to these models please. And, I'm intrested in barrel/slide length only. Grip modules are cheap.

I have several other Sigs, Glocks, 1911, LCP, & revolvers. They all have pros n cons discussed in many other threads.

So, do you have the 365XL and wish you would have gotten the 365 or even the 365L?
I wouldn't worry about it.

No desire for the bigger models as I have other steel frame and polymer full size guns. Bought 365x over 365 mainly due to the flat trigger and cuz came with red dot and holster for very cheap on sale.

Nope. I had a MacroX for awhile. XL length slide and standard length barrel. But it has been sold.

I got a 365 tac-pac with the 12 round mags.
Got an XL grip and some XL base pads.

I got an XL slide assy later and then a Romeo0 to try out.
Meh, sold them off.

I bought a P365 XL and run that with a regular P365 SAS grip module. I wanted the compact grip with the longer barrel. I love it. Running it this way I have 10+1with 15s as my reloads.

Certaindeaf.

I wasn't worried. Just a question born of curiosity.

NobullSKS.

I was trying to focus on barrel/slide length only. Sorry if my wording was confusing. To go from standard 365 to XL you will need the complete slide/barrel group and the XL grip module. Conversely, if you have the XL and want the standard size, you will also need the complete slide/barrel group and the standard grip module. Either way, it's an expensive proposition..... MAYBE.

For clarity. I have all 3. P365, 365X, and 365XL. Just curious if there were any owners of the XL model that wished they had gotten the shorter, original version.

That's all. No big mystery, no worries.

Last Edited:
The 12 rounders that it came with ?
I have 10 & 12
Then you just need the XL mag base plate if you have the 12 round mag with extension.
EEEK!! I think I paid $5 for a three pack several years ago.

Then you just need the XL mag base plate if you have the 12 round mag with extension.
EEEK!! I think I paid $5 for a three pack several years ago.
Can I use flush from 10rnds on 12… the extension is a sleeve over mag to keep it streamlined…. For same result?

Yeah yeah….cheap enough if it's not gonna work. THX.
👍

Just posted trade (NIB) in classifieds. We will see if anyone wants to switch back or has an extra.

The extension slides over the mag body, the 10 round is shorter.

I thought it was nifty idea when i seen it, don't like the 10 round grip at all.
Right up to a mag change and I kept pinching the crap out of my palm.
I think I had $40 in baseplates and grip with safety installed and $12 for a Houge sleeve.
Swapped in a GGI trigger and XS sights along the way.
V6ubxMcl.jpg

I got the 365X and put a 365 grip module on it to have the trigger and optic option, but with a shorter grip. Even tho my hands fit the X grip better, I wanted to go small for conceilability. At the range I can put extended mags to have the longer grip anyway.
The XL is nice, but I don't think the slightly longer barrel makes much of a difference on such a small pistol except maybe dig into my groin a little more.

Same setup with many of the comments. I have a P365 tac-pac also with the 3 12 round magazines and finger extensions. Just fits my meat hook hands with the longer clip, the 10 round non-extension magazine is uncomfortable to shoot for me.
I compared the XL and the standard sized, I thought it would just push against my back further or my groin, bought the standard 365 tac-pac on sale. All my other Sig handguns are steel framed so I went with the smallest 365 for carry ease.
Need to upgrade the grips and the white dots, but I'm not getting a red dot just for carry.

Got the 365. Kind of wish I would have bought the XL as it is more plinking friendly. But, it is hard to beat the 365 for discreet carry. My wife used to call me out for printing when I used to carry a Glock. Been carrying the 365 for over a year and she hasn't said a word yet about me printing

Like many above, I got the P365 with the 10 & 12 round magazines. Ordered an XL grip module for $40 and installed it. Easy exchange to go from smaller grip module to slightly larger grip (more finger space) with removal of FCU pin. The grip replacement mostly provides a grip length to about match the smaller grip module with the mag extension present on 12 rounders without having the ugly mag base sleeve thingy installed (mags fit flush nicely without the wiggle). Magguts makes a great conversion on the 10 round mag to accommodate 12 rounds with almost zero increased length. They also make a mag conversion for the 12 round mags to hold 14 with again almost zero increased length. They replace the spring and follower inside your existing mag well. Be sure to order the correct parts for which grip module you have as the baseplate gets replaced and will not work correctly for the different grip modules (not sure how I know this bit of information :mad:).

Magguts link for 10 round mags, not X/XL: https://magguts.com/product/sig-sauer-p365-2-for-10-round-magazine/
Magguts link for 12 round mags, not X/XL: https://magguts.com/product/sig-sauer-p365-2-for-12-round-magazine/
Magguts link for 12 round mags, for X/XL: https://magguts.com/product/sig-sauer-p365-xl-2-for-12-round-magazine/

They also make one for the X/XL 15 round mags for +2 rounds. They are all reasonably priced at $34/each. You can buy just the baseplates too, if you screwed up and ordered the incorrect version to convert what you did order into a working configuration. They also make same replacement parts for other manufacturers.

I am an X lover. I originally got the P365 and used the mag extensions, then I picked up a X grip and the 12rnd base plates for all my magazines. I like the longer grip and short barrel. Mostly because I cary it daily and use it in IDPA for practice and reloads are much easier when 1/2 my hand is not covering the magwell.

I have only had the xl 1 day but with the certum3 holster it conceals very nicely. I can't imagine that .07 inch would make a whole lot of difference.

Compared to my xd 3" subcompact it's a game changer. That xd is too fat and heavy and handle is hard to get close enough to not show.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top