JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on the fence about buying an Sig P365 3.1" 10 rounder OR in 9mm. What's holding me back is some unreliability issues I've read online. Not everyone has had the best experience with Sig. Now, I know some of that is from the recalls they have had and some is from haters, but it's hard to weed those out.

I would like to get feedback from peeps who have owned the micro compact P365 or any of the P365's.

Some back story to know where I'm coming from if you're interested. (Warning, long read below.)

I carried a Shield 9mm for a long time, have owned three, two of the 1.0 with apex trigger kits and a Shield plus. I still have the original Shield I bought in 2017 and the Shield Plus I bought over a year ago. All have run 100% reliable. Seriously, I have not had a single malfunction that I can recall. And I shoot the Shield very well. I also had a MP 2.0 Subcompact and have an M69, both had zero issues. I absolutely trust my life to Smith and Wesson with their modern line of guns.

My only issue with the Shield is that it's not a pocket gun, at least not for me. I don't think it was meant to be. But sometimes I need a pocket gun. So a few years ago I picked up an LCP. We don't need to get into a caliber debate, I know some people think 380 is too weak and your entitled to your opinion, that's not what this thread is about because I'm willing to sacrifice caliber for comfort and concealment.

My issue with the LCP is that two weeks ago I a few failure to eject issues. It only happened twice in the range session but it seemed consistent, I only shot about 60 rounds that day because the gun started FTE. Now, the gun was dirty so that might have been the issue but I started doing some research online and am finding a good number of people having extraction issues for different reasons. Looking at the ejector I see that as a weak link in the gun. IMO, the spring is too soft and the ejector shape is not optimal: there is a lot of play on the rim when the bullet is seated in the ejector claw, the tip of the claw should be beefier or the whole claw need to be farther back about half a millimeter. I don't know exactly how to explain it but the Walther P22 suffers the same issue, but with the P22 there are aftermarket ejector that solve the issue.

None the less, I cleaned the LCP and I plan to run about 400 rounds, cleaning every 40 or 50 rounds, and if it doesn't run flawless I won't carry it. Or if I see a pattern where it doesn't run dirty I will know I just need to clean it regularly.

So I might be in the market for a new pocket gun and from lots of research the P365 3.1" 10rd looks like a good bet.

Thanks.

I didn't own one of the OG P365 that I believe has firing pin issues, but I've owned a few of them and I've never once had a failure with one.

Maybe these might help with your decision. I own one, only issue I had was with the night sights which required the slide going back to Sig for warranty replacement of the sights. Don't believe I have had any failures with it but haven't put a whole bunch of round through it. Mine is a newer vintage as I did read there was some issues on the original models. There are options through Magguts to replace the internal magazine spring and follower to increase the capacity by 2 rounds with practically zero added length to it. I added the XL frame to provide a better grip size but easily changeable within a minute between grip modules.

100,000 round test as gun range loaner:

Last Edited:
I don't think you need to worry about current production P365s. A ton of members carry/use them.

I had a Macro for awhile and my wife has a P365X she will be selling soon. But they were both good guns.

I owned a lcp and put at least a 100 rounds through it no problems. And I currently have lcp max and just put 100 rounds through last weekend no problems.

Hopefully a good cleaning and firing more rounds through it would help get it running well.

I owned a lcp and put at least a 100 rounds through it no problems. And I currently have lcp max and just put 100 rounds through last weekend no problems.

Hopefully a good cleaning and firing more rounds through it would help get it running well.
100 rounds doesn't even get it dirty...

I have a 365. It's run 100% with the 12 and 15 round mags, but when I first tried the 10 rounder, I had a couple feeding issues. After I cleaned the mag and oiled it, I haven't had any issues. I will say, it's a bit large for pocket carry imo. The lcp max is my pocket gun.

I took the plunge and bought one. One thing I noticed is the trigger will need some work. Feels kinda like an original Gen3 Glock trigger. Not bad but not good either. Some light polishing and a Tactical Triggers reduced power striker block spring should do what I want. .

Yesterday was my birthday so I figured I would treat myself. Fawkn ATF put me in the queue. Total BS. I've never been put in the queue before and there was no reason for it. I think the ATF randomly puts people in queue just to infringe on our rights.

I took the plunge and bought one. One thing I noticed is the trigger will need some work. Feels kinda like an original Gen3 Glock trigger. Not bad but not good either. Some light polishing and a Tactical Triggers reduced power striker block spring should do what I want. .

Yesterday was my birthday so I figured I would treat myself. Fawkn ATF put me in the queue. Total BS. I've never been put in the queue before and there was no reason for it. I think the ATF randomly puts people in queue just to infringe on our rights.
Let us know how you like it after a range trip. :)

I had an early P365 and it had issues. Failure to return to battery and barrel peening. Sent it to Sig, they said it was normal and I was pissed. I sold it while being open about the issues. I really liked the accuracy, size and the way it fit my hands (I have small mitts). After a year or two I started reading positive reviews and bought another one. It has performed flawlessly and has been my EDC for a couple of years now. Your mileage may vary. Just a FYI, it is a small pistol, but noticeably bigger than the LCP. It may not work out for you as a pocket pistol. I'm going to recommend you test that for yourself before biting the bullet.

I tested it in the shop before I bought it, with the flush mag it will work for pocket carry just fine. I can almost pocket carry the Shield with flush mag. I will probably alternate between pocket and belt depending on my attire for the day. But I typically wear cargo pants or shorts and they have big pockets.

Bought my P365 in May of 2018. Have a few thousand rounds through it with nary a feeding nor ejection issue whatsoever. Really happy with it. The 365 fits cleanly in my board shorts, so it's most definitely a surfable self-defense accouterment... :)

I use if for summer carry cuz it's smaller than my Compact/Carry P320, which works better for winter (more clothes, jacket, etc.).

With 12-rd extended mag and WML...

SIG Sauer P365 with light.jpg

With 10-rd flush mag...

SIG Sauer P365.01.JPG

I also bought a couple of the 15-rd mags, although I rarely use them. Haven't had FTF/FTE issues with them, either. But I just had to get them before this communist state wouldn't let me legally buy them... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I briefly owned a P365 and never had any reliability issues. I thought it was a good pistol. A lot of people I know who have them and shoot them more than I had did not complain of any reliability issues either.

All that being said I didn't like the P365 and sold it. I didn't care for the P320 either, but I'm a big fan of the classic P-Series pistols.

To each their own. I would rather carry something I like and trust rather than carrying something I don't like or trust because it could lead to not carrying anything. I bought my wife a Springfield XDS thinking she would like it. She did not and it led to her not carrying anything. I ended up letting her decide what she wanted and now she carries all the time.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR