JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have probably done this thread before, but not in awhile.

PP's liquidation thread got me to thinking......that if for some reason, I had to pare down to one (or maybe two) handguns that I already own.....forsaking all others.....what would those be?

In my case, it would boil down to two...neither of which is particularly valuable, resale-wise.

First, my Colt Woodsman.

I have and have had other Woodsmen, but this parkerized specimen was my first and the one that has accompanied me more often in the field than any firearm I have ever owned. I won't say for how long, but we go way, way back. And we shall continue the tradition. And I can shoot it quicker and more instinctively and with more confidence than anything else I have ever fired. Absolutely reliable.

Second, my Remington 51.

A most superb masterpiece of firearms engineering from the Golden Age of Mechanical Engineering. Other examples were owned by George Patton and by John Dillinger...both men rich enough to have whatever they wanted and for whom the right choice really mattered. The thinnest carry guns that ever deserved the name, (the Kahr's notwithstanding). Another natural pointer due to it's low bore axis. The lack of "modern" sights does not diminish it's effectiveness. I point it, it hits...period. No clunkiness here. No need for night sights. Three safeties. It has gone with me so many times in places when I really needed that kind of special companion. Absolutely reliable.

Time marches on, as does science and technology, so this has been replaced for practical defensive use by the more modern the and the more powerful. Science will always improve upon itself. But good art is eternal.

So what about you? Which one or two guns that you now own would you never, EVER sell?

We're more interested in the reasons why you have chosen what you have chosen than in your particular choices. So, hey, just don't say Glock 19, or whatever and leave it at that. Give us your Reasons, and why you feel the way you do about what you have chosen. And, of course, your pictures.

rem_mod_51_right.jpg

100_1742.jpg

1943 Colt M1911A1 US Property marked. I always wanted a WW2 .45 pistol because my dad was in WW2 and I wanted a link to that era in history.
Then probably my Beretta M9. Its my generation's military pistol and its accurate, fun, and cheap to shoot.
116 year old beater Winchester 1892 saddle ring carbine because its a link to the old west.
Other than those, everything has a price...

Wow, impossible to pick just one:

For fun: Colt Woodsman (I own two, first generation and second). The best .22 cal pistol ever made. I've shot all the modern .22s and they are garbage by comparison. The balance of the Woodsman is astonishing and it shoots arrow straight. They are my pride and joy.

For heavy conceal and carry: .357 Sig Sauer P229. Put 3,000 rounds through it in one day without a single failure. The most reliable pistol I've ever owned, bar none.

For light conceal and carry: .40 Glock G27. Very easy to carry and pretty accurate. Does not weigh much more than my Beretta Tomcat .32 but has just a wee-bit more stopping power. :s0114:

Home defense: Benelli 12 gauge semi-auto tactical shotgun. Built this one up from one of their hunting shotguns so it's completely off Big Brother's radar. Has all the SWAT upgrades and gizmos. Not much fun to shoot (kicks like a mule) but is ultra reliable and fast. Looks and feels like it could take down a Tyrannosaurus rex.

I think that what I currently have in the safe the 4 guns that are in there is my "stems and seeds" Each one has it's purpose so none of them will go.

300sav. Was given to me by my Grandpa after he died. Big game.
HMR: varmint
Modified 22LR varmint
xd40 is the self defense.

I have a S&W Registered magnum that would be VERY high on my list of keeps. It was given to me by a relative back in "01". He isn't much of a gun guy, so when his father in-law passed away he asked me if I wanted his guns. He sent me a Winchester model 70 in 7mm, a .32 acp Astra, and a nice old S&W .357. I just put it in the safe and didn't pay too much attention to it, since I had a nice .357, until last year I got to inspecting it. I thought it was a model 27, then to my surprise I found out it was one of the "grail guns".

The guns my Dad has given me don't count. They'll go to my son.

For my use, it would be my 1976 Ruger Standard .22lr because it fits my hand better than other brands (we're all unique) and it's very dependable and accurate. Then it would have to be the Glock 23 (can I keep both of them?) because it also fits me and shoots straight and is dependable. It's light enough, a decent size, and packs quite a few rounds.

Only 2? Geez... :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads