JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like it's made for hand very close to bore axis. Is there a big diff in felt recoil?

CC40FB80-122A-4F08-AF29-502096307930.jpeg

Have handled one and felt great in hand. I am really intrigued by the model and if they take off and look like they will be around for a while, will likely pick one up.

Last Edited:
Have handled one and felt great in hand. I am really intrigued by the model and if they take off and look like they will be around for a while, will likely pick on up.
Agree looks like a neat design. I haven't researched it yet but this is gen 2 and it seems like archon gen 1 was maybe not made (or at least sold as) ptr? Maybe ptr bought out archon.?

PTR has been branching out lately they now produce titanium foam suppressors which seems wild. Pretty innovative company imo PTR. I just ordered a 12.5" ptr .308 cuz I know it's a limited run only made for Atlantic. Was looking for this exact thing several years ago but impossible to find and I talked to ptr and they said they wouldn't make any more. Seems like PTR has changed management and they are now branching out or something.

Archon sure llooks like they were trying to maximize bore axis and trigger but beyond that I don't know anything about it.

Agree looks like a neat design. I haven't researched it yet but this is gen 2 and it seems like archon gen 1 was maybe not made (or at least sold as) ptr? Maybe ptr bought out archon.?

PTR has been branching out lately they now produce titanium foam suppressors which seems wild. Pretty innovative company imo PTR. I just ordered a 12.5" ptr .308 cuz I know it's a limited run only made for Atlantic. Was looking for this exact thing several years ago but impossible to find and I talked to ptr and they said they wouldn't make any more. Seems like PTR has changed management and they are now branching out or something.

Archon sure llooks like they were trying to maximize bore axis and trigger but beyond that I don't know anything about it.
The Archon also uses a unique barrel system, I think they call it toggle something that diverts from a traditional tilt barrel system in a pistol. It is supposed to work in conjunction with the low bore access to bring the recoil straight back instead of up. Some good videos on the gun from shot show this year. Archon itself, best I can tell has had fits and starts as a young company combined with growing pains around its design. Some of the youtube reviewers of the Gen 1 have had less than nice things to say about the reliability. I have not done to much research yet on the Gen 2's which are hitting the USA currently.

I believe Archon is still an independent company but PTR has become their sole USA importer and distributor. The shot show video I watched indicated that PTR had committed to bringing in 20,000 units initially. In addition, I believe they said production had moved to a new facility in Germany which is another step in the right direction. I will give it a couple years I think before I dip my toe in the waters as the price point is inline with some other very nice pistols with proven pedigree like a CZ Shadow 2, Walther Q5 match, etc...

The Archon also uses a unique barrel system, I think they call it toggle something that diverts from a traditional tilt barrel system in a pistol. It is supposed to work in conjunction with the low bore access to bring the recoil straight back instead of up. Some good videos on the gun from shot show this year. Archon itself, best I can tell has had fits and starts as a young company combined with growing pains around its design. Some of the youtube reviewers of the Gen 1 have had less than nice things to say about the reliability. I have not done to much research yet on the Gen 2's which are hitting the USA currently.

I believe Archon is still an independent company but PTR has become their sole USA importer and distributor. The shot show video I watched indicated that PTR had committed to bringing in 20,000 units initially. In addition, I believe they said production had moved to a new facility in Germany which is another step in the right direction. I will give it a couple years I think before I dip my toe in the waters as the price point is inline with some other very nice pistols with proven pedigree like a CZ Shadow 2, Walther Q5 match, etc...
Very interesting thx for the info. I seem to recall there were two "ultra low recoil guns, archon and another one the name I can't recall. But I know it was over $3000. It got a lot of hype after first being introduced and then when I looked a year or 2 ago to see how much they were there were none for sale anywhere. So I think there is a "new product/new technology" hype cycle at first and if it's really good it stays around.

Grand power rotary barrel pistols may be another example. Don't hear much about it these days. It may be spectacular for all I know. But when first came out it was really hyped as I recall.

This archon seems like one to watch for sure to see how it shakes out. I saw it on gun broker for under $900 and that's what caught my eye.

Very interesting thx for the info. I seem to recall there were two "ultra low recoil guns, archon and another one the name I can't recall. But I know it was over $3000. It got a lot of hype after first being introduced and then when I looked a year or 2 ago to see how much they were there were none for sale anywhere. So I think there is a "new product/new technology" hype cycle at first and if it's really good it stays around.
I think the pistol your thinking of is the Laugo Alien.

How different/good could it possibly be? For that kind of scratch, I'd be expecting a whole awful lot and I bet it shoots a whole awful lot like any other 9mm... Looks cool though

Well shoot. That's actually very reasonable. I seem to recall them being well over twice that last time I saw one...
I never bothered to research them due to the high price. But saw on gun deals today for that price and I'm like, "hmmm what's that all about?"

But of course that got me thinking about ptr and that ended up with me ordering this today. I needed a new EDC pistol though. :s0131: :s0112:
1A6AE98C-C5FC-4F5D-B6F5-E00990F69711.jpeg

The ergonomics on this pistol looks fantastic. I have long wished that the trigger pull on modern pistol would be more horizontal, like in this one. And the price point is rather reasonable.
Maybe my next gun!?!

Last Edited:
Blurb from shot show. Shows barrel and action. As he described it sounds like only changes are modular geip and optics rail. If so, imo it's critical to research gen 1 model for any malfunctions as sounds like mechanical parts have not changed.

This is the hype cycle and as @ORhutner said, have to wait and see how it shakes out. If grip and optics rail are the only changes then why isn't everyone in competition using one of the gen 1 models? Maybe they just haven't caught on? Too expensive? Other? Seems like could be the same hype-to-forgotten cycle again. Forgotten is ok if it's a very good gun. Not every good gun is long term popular or profitable. Sometimes people are slow to catch on to a good thing (or never do catch on) so popularity alone doesn't mean much to my way of thinking.

View: https://youtu.be/SJ5vRQnfOvw?si=DqthAWUJ6rwWHaat

Last Edited:
Watched several reviews of this gun today. Looks like the issue with early gen 1 guns was light primer strikes. Seems like that was fixed with stronger/different spring. All reviewers I watched (Garand thumb, mrgjnsngear, honest outlaw, Mac, Collin noir) all said the same thing about muzzle rise that it was very minimal. Trigger was thought to be about 2 pounds with a very short 1 mm reset. So low muzzle rise easy to shoot fast seems to be its hallmark.

Looks like Atlantic firearms has all the variations of it. Here's is the threaded barrel with optics mount version. $950. That puts it a little more expensive than the the vp9 long slide or vp9 match (but hk threaded barrels cost a lot so vp9 threaded woudl likely be more $). Seems like this $950 RMS option is best value as the base models are $900. Optics ready no threaded barrel is $950.

Compared to shadow 2, optics ready shadow 2 is about $1100, regular shadow 2 about $900 and shadow 2 TS about $1300(ish). So it's in the ballpark of some others. I think Walther q5 match steel frame was about $1100 as I recall but polymer version is $629. Just passing along info I found out if anyone is interested.

Last Edited:
I think the pistol your thinking of is the Laugo Alien.
I just bought one and it's GNARLY!!! Very low recoil and extremely accurate straight out of the box. Got to shoot it this Saturday and the very first 5 rounds I shot were ringing my steel plate at 100. By buddy hit 8 of 10. 13 of 15 at 100 right out of the box

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top