JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I could only keep two guns it would be my H&R single shot 20g it was my very first gun. Next would be my Remy Nylon 66. As far as handguns probablt my HK P7 I like it the best and it would be the hardest to replace.

If I had to keep only two, they would be:
My 1911 and Ishapore Enfield 2A. Common calibers, and both are decent jack of all trades. The 1911 serves personal, home, and family defense. Common caliber, easy to reload for. Durable, parts are easy enough to come by, and all metal can be a benefit in some situations.

The 2A... intermediate rifle cartridge... a good "all arounder" cartridge. Accurate rifle. More accurate than I am for sure. Common enough round (7.62x51/.308). I have shot both out of this older bolt gun, with no ill effects. Plus, I love the SMLE look. I had a 1948 No.I Mk.III* that I sold a while ago... and YES, I regret it. I regret selling even guns with uncommon calibers (M95 Stutzen in 8x56R, Series 4 Nagoya T99 in 7.7Jap, SMLE and No.4 in .303 etc). In fact, many of those odd caliber guns were tons of fun... but I am getting off topic.

Between the two, I should almost always be able to find ammo to feed them, and they are both durable enough to not break on me.

Nice Browning, Sgt Kashim.

It's got it all....a family heirloom, historical provenance, and a classic design based on the 1910.

Practically speaking, they are natural pointers and decent concealers.

I have had a couple of 1910's....

Nice Browning, Sgt Kashim.

It's got it all....a family heirloom, historical provenance, and a classic design based on the 1910.

Practically speaking, they are natural pointers and decent concealers.

I have had a couple of 1910's....

Thanks!
I love that gun (hopefully not...) to pieces. Really under-valued by shooters, I think. More people should check those guns out - the 1910s and '22s.

Hard to seriously screw up with any Browning design, though. The man had a gift.

I do regret selling my Sig P226...

But that one gun that will never, ever, ever leave my collection is my Remington 870 (18" Express Super Mag)

It was my first gun and I can do so much with it...

I have two that I will never part with. First is my dad's Trapdoor Springfield. It was his drill rifle when he went to military school back in the early sixties. He passed it to me several years ago and it just lives in the safe. Odds are, I will never shoot it but some day I will have an appropriate place to hang it.

The second is a nice little 5", pencil barrel Smith model 10. Great shooting old PD gun that my wife learned to shoot on. Now it wears Ivory Micarta grips with our anniversary date scrimshawed on them.

I have lots of other nice guns, many of which see a lot more range time, but these two are special.

Tom

My 1943 swaztika stamped sporterized mauser 98k in .270 win that my grandfather (b-17 tailgunner in WWII) gave to me for my graduation, and my Browning Challenger II. Both are more accurate than I can shoot, and get compliments everytime they see daylight.

Home defense: Benelli 12 gauge semi-auto tactical shotgun. Built this one up from one of their hunting shotguns so it's completely off Big Brother's radar. Has all the SWAT upgrades and gizmos. Not much fun to shoot (kicks like a mule) but is ultra reliable and fast. Looks and feels like it could take down a Tyrannosaurus rex.

Have you tried to install Benelli's recoil reducer system? I have a Benelli pump that I installed a recoil reducer in the stock (it's a mercury-based system) and now a 3 1/2" magnum turkey load feels like a 2 3/4" #7 target practice round ... And it's only about $100

My grandpa told me when i was a kid to "Never sell any guns, and the only one that he had ever sold was a sawn off 12 ga when he was a kid (too much recoil at that age(illegal? haha)) He passed last year, and i will try as hard as i can to hold true to his word.

With that said, i will never sell the Model 190 bolt action Mossberg 16ga that he gave me when i turned 15. He said he bought it when he was 15 and carried it around the woods of McCall Idaho on his Cushman scooter. My favorite clay gun too

Honestly I would be happy if I NEVER need to sell a gun again in my lifetime. I have sold a few in the past, and (with the exception of two) I have regretted selling them all.

As to which would be the last one...... my Les Baer PII super-tac pistol, and Springfield SAR-4800 Match (FAL variant) rifle will NEVER be sold.

9df1fd79.jpg

Yeah I think I'd rather have one of the Singers, but I'm happy with my US&S. Wasn't there only 500 of those singer's made? I don't remember how many US&S's were made.

First...my sporterized 7mm (7x57) mauser with a left handed stock my father gave me. I dreamed of it as a kid and when I hit 12, he handed it over to me. Has a lot of sentimental value.

Second...my beretta companion single shot 20 gauge. Considered selling it a year ago but decide not to. It was my first firearm. My god father gave it to me when I was like 9 or maybe 11 or so I think (can't really remember but I was young). I've killed deer (with slugs out of it), rabbits, grouse, quail, ducks, pheasant, chukar, raccoons, squirrels, rattlesnakes, pigeons, and may other things that have caught my eye over the last couple decades. It's beat up and has some surface rust on it now but it's been everywhere with me. Hike through the sage brush of Eastern Washington on 100 plus degree days and climbed up the side of a snowy slope when I couldn't see 10 feet infront of me. It ain't nothing fancy but it's an old companion and a work horse and I love that gun.

Third...my Glock 19. Have a real love hate relationship with the gun but it's more love. It's been the most reliable gun I've ever own. Only malfunction it's ever had in the thousands upon thousands (probably between 30 and 40k at this point) is a squib round down the barrel a couple months ago and that was a buddy of mine that showed up to shoot with me with a handful of 9mm ammo he found in his friends garage. Wasn't gun related so can't blame the gun. My beef with this gun is an ex girlfriend bought it for me. First real love. Spent almost 7 years with her. Crazy pain in the you know what woman that drove me nuts, treated me like dirt, then eventually cheated on me. I sold the other toys she bought me over the years we were together (ruger redhawk .44 mag and some really expensive fly fishing gear) because I despise her but just can't let go of the Glock. It's been that good of a gun to me. I've owned several 17's and a couple 20's (still have one) and they've been amazing but know my luck, I sell that 19 and never find one like it. Best sometimes to not tempt fate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top