JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Real good for the first guy, probably not so good in the hallway though.
@Andy54Hawken
Andy, an intellectual, "actually…"

5EFDAEA9-1939-455B-89D6-3E58241B02B6.jpeg
This gem sprang up when the anti-freedom crowd was trying to argue the founding fathers intended us be limited to 18th century technology.

I'm already getting the kids all geared up. Should have a safe ( or locked storage system) in my son's house by winter. I staged enough stuff at parents place already . My daughter's apartment gives me pause, but it's got a 4 peice combo meal in place with enough ammo to get down the road .
Sibs and in-laws are self sufficient . My brother asked me for ammo a while ago, so I dropped a couple hundred on him.

New York reload, you don't use just one. Black powder has the tactical advantage of popping a smoke grenade on each shot as well, so your movements get covered on the way to the next rifle.

By being behind the times, Andy is ahead of the times on home defense tactics.
I was referring to getting one around the corner of a door :s0034:

I was referring to getting one around the corner of a door :s0034:
Practice...
I can carry a long rifle , fowler and musket through dense woods while hunting...
For "fun" I have done the same in my house...practice is key here.

With that said...
Is a handgun or shorter barrel rifle or shotgun easier for this...yep...
Andy

My approach for those I trust but need to be armed in an emergency with minimal instruction time? Guessing long range defense would best be limited to the experienced, so that leaves pump shotguns and revolvers for the rest.

With that said, there are a variety of reasons one may want to have several spare, cheap ARs around. Personally, I'd go with the Magpul furniture, upgraded trigger (PSA calls theirs EPT or the like and is about $20 more), iron sights, and a sling. And maybe 5 to 10 of the 30 round PMAGs for spares with plenty of ammo to back that all up.

If ever a situation gets THAT bad, I'd be seriously considering loading up and heading to different ground. There is so much to live for you need to be very discerning about what's worth dying for.

How does one of those muskets work clearing the house?

Tongue in cheek post , I am guessing.... :D

Well....
None of the firearm in that picture are muskets...as most are rifles...and the smooth bore firearms aren't military.

At one time all I had in a large caliber handgun was a Colt 1860 Army replica...
I got good with that...and used it for home defense.

If pressed for one now...My .54 Hawken Rifle would be used...
There are ways to re-load fast and I have practice those..

Of course modern firearms are a better choice...but I wouldn't curl up and wait to die 'cause all I had was a muzzle loader.

With that said...
My biggest worry would be that the threat would not "take my firearm seriously".
Just like most folks who view muzzle loaders and do not understand them.
Andy
Am I the only guy who saw "Last of the Mohicans?
Daniel-Day Lewis was reloading on the run and then picking up the rifles of the guys he shot.
Clearing the house with a Kentucky long rifle was easy...

Except when I tried to run through a doorway at port arms with the rifle a bit low
Then when I switched to high ready and brought the chandelier down on my head. But I wounded the bad guy.
He got some nasty burns when I fired at him, which torched the silk curtains and burned my house down:s0108:

Daniel-Day Lewis was reloading on the run and then picking up the rifles of the guys he shot.

Except when I tried to run through a doorway at port arms with the rifle a bit low
Then when I switched to high ready and brought the chandelier down on my head. But I wounded the bad guy.
He got some nasty burns when I fired at him, which torched the silk curtains and burned my house down:s0108:
Ha, weren't you paying attention?

That only works in colonial era forest, being in the post millennium household is different… duh… :)

Nope...I've watched that movie...it was okay...better than The Revenant in any case.
In any event...I have and can re-load on the run...its tougher to do with a percussion , than with a flintlock....:D
Andy

Is there an equivilant in the AK-47 world? I've always considered the AK the weapon for the weaponless for some reason. I don't keep up with them though, so I'm not sure if they can still be had for peanuts these days.
Probably not an AK in that budget, but an SKS would be a good combloc alternative. Stock pile a bunch of cheap steel cased 7.62x39 and a few SKS' and put those aside to hand out to the less prepared if things get ugly…
If they can't figure out how to shoot, or they run out of ammo, at least they have a nasty pig sticker on the end.

GWS said....

I think the hatchet/ax was also used very effectively IIRC in that movie.

Last of The Mohicans?

NO, No, no......like in this movie.

Hey look....it's the CCPs favorite son fighting off the ax gang.

Why are the bad guys are always wearing black? And, why is it that they carry axes? Is it because guns are illegal?

Rrrrrright.....the CCP wouldn't want the wrong social message to be sent. Besides, did you see how the guns shattered when struck with the stick? Must be Made in China copies.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....In Japan....it's the same uniform for bad guys but they carry swords.

Last Edited:
If I'm hungry I'm shopping and it will be on the house I'm sure of it. I actually have no friends or family without. Except for my momma but she can still rock the old shot gun if the need arises.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top