JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the sake of discussion, perhaps many are overlooking some basic reasons YOU may be the recipient of said weapon. Does everyone regularly bring a long gun to family events? God forbid, but what if "the big one" occurred during a family gathering? We have seen urban "protests" run rampant quickly. You may be long term staying in place or needing said rifle to make your way home.
Even if you keep a "truck gun", you really flying with that out of town, just because? Your truck gun a top shelf DD or Noveski?
If so, your prep game amp definitely goes to 11!

Can't assume others are untrained or unprepared. IMO, part of preparing is having others prepared. I feel good most of my circle have a lil something extra available, just in case.
I also recommend to others and use PSA lowers on many of my builds. The enhanced trigger is "ok" to "good". Much better than milspec. (Mine gettin a Geissele anyway.) I literally can't buy an Aero lower, Magpul furniture, brace and LPK for less than what PSA puts together, especially on sale.
I find the uppers as solid value as well. Again, I'm upgrading the bolts to chrome or NiB and BMC/Vltor charging handles, so I get a bunch of backups for the parts box.
Good points.

I'm not out fitting those that don't have the tools and skill set to fight.
You nay-sayers have obviously not watched enough "Outlaw Josey Wales". When called upon, Laura Lee, Grandma Sarah and Little Moonlight (although she could probably already shoot) were picking dudes off their horses at 200 yards. :D

**Side Note** @American123 you need to charge that phone....

My BAD.

My first read of your post......I thought you were trying to drum up some business.

Anyway.....LOL.....how you gonna do the transfer papers (in a SHTF situation)? Not to mention the "enhanced" restrictions on assault rifles.
View attachment 1012773

Aloha, Mark
Transfer papers, good one.

Edit: Would an IOU suffice?
Dear FBI I owe you $10 and a form 4473. Send me a bill if the world doesn't end.

Last Edited:
I doubt many of us are going to need extra firearms for the proposed scenerio. I would spend more energy on thinking about what situation you would deem it necessary to do this.

If you plan on being the warlord on your block during a SHTF event, then mabye you'll want some extras to have around.

If you're just planning to have your neighbor come over and help defend the women from a terrorizing motorcycle gang then you can propably let your neighbor use some of the good stuff.

Last Edited:
It'll be like handing the keys to your car with manual transmission to someone who has never driven before. They can probably start the car but to get it in gear, there has to be minimal instructions and practice.

And no, she did not say that.

DSC05463.jpg
There I was ...With a table full of guns and stuff to give away....only I got no takers....:D

In regards to arming others...While the Rifle in the OP would work...
I think that I would suggest a plain Jane home defense style shotgun....making sure that the butt stock has some sort of good recoil pad.

Most folks that I know or would trust with firearms already have firearms...as well as a favorite choice for emergency use.
Andy

Last Edited:
View attachment 1012971
There I was ...With a table full of guns and stuff to give away....only I got no takers....:D

I think that I would suggest a plain Jane home defense style shotgun....making sure that the butt stock as some sort of good recoil pad.

Most folks that I know or would trust with firearms already have firearms...as well as a favorite choice for emergency use.
Andy
Someone mentioned earlier about handing someone a stick shift car whose never driven one before and expecting them to drive it well. This is just about as close to that example of firearms as you can get!

Edit: It's like in the movie Magnificent Seven where the farmer isn't using the gun well at all and Charles Bronson tells him to turn it around and use the stock as a club instead.

Someone mentioned earlier about handing someone a stick shift car whose never driven one before and expecting them to drive it well. This is just about as close to that example of firearms as you can get!
Very true...
That said I do enjoy showing others how to shoot and maintain the firearms shown.

And with that said...
The latest rifle I got was a brand new Henry pump action .22LR rifle...
The gun shop owner , who knows me well....gave me the following advice when heading out to his range ...
" No rapid fire shooting".
It was a bit different knowing that all I had to do , in order to shoot again , was simply to pump the action and shoot...
Who knew...? :D
Andy

Very true...
That said I do enjoy showing others how to shoot and maintain the firearms shown.

And with that said...
The latest rifle I got was a brand new Henry pump action .22LR rifle...
The gun shop owner , who knows me well....gave me the following advice when heading out to his range ...
" No rapid fire shooting".
It was a bit different knowing that all I had to do , in order to shoot again , was simply to pump the action and shoot...
Who knew...? :D
Andy
Was he afraid the tremendous recoil of the .22lr would get away from you and be dangerously out of control? Or was he joking?

I could probably equip a full Squad minus machine guns, and a second squad of straphangers, hand gun or manual action long guns, But not dipping into my comfort zone for personal defense.

View attachment 1012971

I think that I would suggest a plain Jane home defense style shotgun....making sure that the butt stock has some sort of good recoil pad.

Andy
How does one of those muskets work clearing the house?

How does one of those muskets work clearing the house?
Tongue in cheek post , I am guessing.... :D

Well....
None of the firearm in that picture are muskets...as most are rifles...and the smooth bore firearms aren't military.

At one time all I had in a large caliber handgun was a Colt 1860 Army replica...
I got good with that...and used it for home defense.

If pressed for one now...My .54 Hawken Rifle would be used...
There are ways to re-load fast and I have practice those..

Of course modern firearms are a better choice...but I wouldn't curl up and wait to die 'cause all I had was a muzzle loader.

With that said...
My biggest worry would be that the threat would not "take my firearm seriously".
Just like most folks who view muzzle loaders and do not understand them.
Andy

Tongue in cheek post , I am guessing.... :D

Well....
None of the firearm in that picture are muskets...as most are rifles...and the smooth bore firearms aren't military.

At one time all I had in a large caliber handgun was a Colt 1860 Army replica...
I got good with that...and used it for home defense.

If pressed for one now...My .54 Hawken Rifle would be used...
There are ways to re-load fast and I have practice those..

Of course modern firearms are a better choice...but I wouldn't curl up and wait to die 'cause all I had was a muzzle loader.

With that said...
My biggest worry would be that the threat would not "take my firearm seriously".
Just like most folks who view muzzle loaders and do not understand them.
Andy
That would be a mistake I have read about the damage one of those lead balls create. Gory stuff.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews