JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always though the universal "Hand out" firearm for an non-gun owning relative was a 38 special revolver. Easy to understand and see how to operate, but not too easy to accidentally pull the trigger.

-Armscor_M200_38_Spl_Pistol_Black_Parkerized-51261.jpg

Oh look, they are on sale https://palmettostatearmory.com/armscor-m200-38-spl-pistol-black-parkerized-51261.html

It's interesting to see all the different opinions on what each person's thought for this is.

One of my thoughts is that I don't have any relatives or friends that aren't already proficient in the basic use of an AR15, so that makes it relatively easy to consider, but in order to achieve that I had to basically drag some of them to proficiency because they weren't interested. Even so, now I know and they know that if I handed them an AR they could manipulate the safety, magazine and put accurate fire on target.

I always though the universal "Hand out" firearm for an non-gun owning relative was a 38 special revolver. Easy to understand and see how to operate, but not too easy to accidentally pull the trigger.

View attachment 1019372

Oh look, they are on sale https://palmettostatearmory.com/armscor-m200-38-spl-pistol-black-parkerized-51261.html
Yes and no.

Dao revolvers (absolutely no exposed hammer).
I've seen way too many people on tv "make ready " by cocking the hammer.
You know, then go through a door at high ready, or start searching a dark building.

Yes and no.

Dao revolvers (absolutely no exposed hammer).
I've seen way too many people on tv "make ready " by cocking the hammer.
You know, then go through a door at high ready, or start searching a dark building.
I see your point but if I can't trust them with a da/sa revolver, I probably can't count on them to keep it pointed away from me either.

I am probably coming off like a conceited jerk, but I have to regularly lock and even just plain CLOSE windows and doors on the vehicles and house before I go to bed. If my current nuclear unit makes it past day 3 of armageddon it's pure dumb luck.
I had a girlfriend who would deliberately leave the back door unlocked in case she lost her keys again, which she in fact did. I couldn't talk her out of it.

That ain't no excuse.....

I did not say my family had a problem shooting from the motorcycle, its when you park and go into the post office that folks get a bit upset.

My Scorpion will fit into the trunk of my bike with its side folding brace but my AR will not because of the buffer tube.

But I am working on it...LOL

OK fine you have convinced me. I picked up an assembled 16" upper with an M-Lok handguard on sale, and a $139 PSA complete lower. Now I am trying to decide between MBUS sights or a cheap red dot or both.

OK fine you have convinced me. I picked up an assembled 16" upper with an M-Lok handguard on sale, and a $139 PSA complete lower. Now I am trying to decide between MBUS sights or a cheap red dot or both.
That's more of a personal financial situation because you know if you are setting it up for best use, it would have both.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top