JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the unrest will happen in the EU as the financial situation there continues to spin out of control.

We should watch and learn, since the US is rapidly headed to similar financial problems given QE3 (and rumors of QE4) rapidly pumping up our debt.

Peter

Not really sure how much weight I put behind this article considering the source. That said, it's common practice for militaries to come up with a situation which is improbable, worst-case, or completely fictional as a basis for an exercise. It is quite likely that european militaries would be able to put down an insurrection if the government had the willpower to simply issue them bullets. If you look at where the riots are occuring, it's all in the PIGS countries that everyone's been worried about for at least 3-4 years. I doubt there will be a lot of rioting in germany, which for the swiss leaves only italy and france, which they have a mountainous remote border with italy, and a rural border with france and luxemburg.

If you look at other past military exercises such as Able Archer, where the use of soviet chemical weapons in europe resulted in a full nuclear exchange. While it could happen, it never did, nor was it going to.

After doing some personal research and personal analysis of the situation in Europe and the way the Swiss like to be prepared, many do not that the Swiss require there citizens to go throughmilitary training, have 6 month food supply, weapons, ammo and have caches of arms, ammo etc all over the country that are rarely guarded.

I am going to say that this is mostly likely a credible statement, that they are getting themselves prepared. After all if you were the Swiss looking out from your mountain top villa at what is going on in Europe, and knowing its history, wouldn't you be making preparations.

That we are all on here isn't it, we know something smeel funky in the barn but we are not sure what it is exactly so we are preparing for what think it is, Same with the Swiss my friends, same with the Swiss, only thing is they have a lot more experience with these kinds of things than we do is all.

Might the EU crisis get really, really ugly? « The XX Committee

I think the unrest will happen in the EU as the financial situation there continues to spin out of control.

We should watch and learn, since the US is rapidly headed to similar financial problems given QE3 (and rumors of QE4) rapidly pumping up our debt.

Peter

I totally agree....we will pretty much experience what the Europeans experience except with A LOT more guns.

However your statement about QE3 and possibly QE4 is a bit incorrect. There will not be a QE4- do you know why? Because QE3 is open ended with no expiration date and no upper dollar limit...the only limit is in how many millions per MONTH can be injected into the economy....infinitely. When you take that 40 billion a month that is printed out of thin air....and then apply it to the fractional reserve banking system where bankers are allowed to loan out 90% of the money over and over again until it is gone....it becomes outrageously more than 40 billion a month...FOREVER (well, not forever....just until the currency collapses).

Basically, the Fed is "All-in" to use a poker analogy. They've put all their chips in the center, and they don't just have a bad hand because they don't even hold any cards....they have toilet paper instead of cards....EVERYTHING depends on whether or not their bluff gets called. If it does....then game over. They have no moves left. What is left in their financial bag of tricks after bringing interest rates down to ZERO and then printing money FOREVER? you can't go lower than zero. you can't go longer than forever. you can't go higher than infinity.

an example of 40 billion once injected into the fractional reserve banking system: (90% can be loaned, 10% must be kept in reserves)

40 x 0.9 = 36
36 x 0.9 = 32
32 x 0.9 = 29
29 x 0.9 = 26
26 x 0.9 = 23
23 x 0.9 = 21
21 x 0.9 = 19
19 x 0.9 = 17
17 x 0.9 = 15
15 x 0.9 = 13
13 x 0.9 = 11
11 x 0.9 = 9
9 x 0.9 = 8
8 x 0.9 = 7
7 x 0.9 = 6
6 x 0.9 = 5
5 x 0.9 = 4
4 x 0.9 = 3
3 x 0.9 = 3
2 x 0.9 = 2
1 x 0.9 = 0.9
0.9 x0.9=0.81

....and so on and so forth.... that number will never actually reach absolute zero, but eventually it gets smaller than a penny...

so that's 287 Billion of potentially new economic activity per month generated ....and I actually rounded each number DOWN to make it easier to compute. Now, that assumes it all gets loaned out...which it won't; so in reality it wouldn't be quite this bad....but it's still A LOT more than 40 billion per month....indefinitely....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top