JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
il_fullxfull.2225721004_h3el.jpg

I'm on my side.

While the premise of this thread has merit. It's quite obviously going to go the way of "against forum rules," and quickly.

I will say this:

People who threaten me and mine will receive treatment that reflects the severity of the situation.

In order to have "battle lines" you have to have coordinating (large) groups of people. Do we currently have large groups of people coordinating efforts? To some extent, they are already showing up in large numbers to create havoc and do property damage, but anarchist type foolery isn't the same as warfare.

If for some reason warfare broke out. Expect to see a lot of people forming small units based on where they live and who they have already planned ahead with, otherwise it will be a lot of people huddled in their homes hoping things get better soon and not wanting to participate.

As soon as the electricity stops, the water stops, the heat stops, and the grocery stores stop, people will want things to return to normal as soon as possible.

Although I used to like Patriot Nurse, she has gotten a little to "tin foil" hat for me.

I find a good book is a better use of my time.
That's a big problem with any of the "outrage based" content providers, they start out saying mildly spicy stuff in a way that others aren't so they attract viewers but after a while other content providers start saying slightly spicier things which draws viewers away, so to keep folks around and attract new viewers they have to offer more unique content, and because the content is based on outrage they just keep getting more outrageous, even if they have to break out the tin foil to generate content

That's a big problem with any of the "outrage based" content providers, they start out saying mildly spicy stuff in a way that others aren't so they attract viewers but after a while other content providers start saying slightly spicier things which draws viewers away, so to keep folks around and attract new viewers they have to offer more unique content, and because the content is based on outrage they just keep getting more outrageous, even if they have to break out the tin foil to generate content
Just like news organizations primarily sharing bad news.

I see little point in worrying about things beyond your control. Preparedness is the same regardless of what type of crisis comes up:
  • Have supplies on hand enough for you, your family, and any others within your circle that you might need / want to support.
  • Acquire the appropriate tools and know how to use them properly. If your preparations are limited to guns & ammo, you're not going to last long. Your preparations should include shelter, medical, communications, electricity, transportation, sanitation, clothing, etc.
  • Have plans for both sheltering in place and running for safety, know what conditions would require activation of those plans, and have supplies and tools prepared for both eventualities.
  • Practice your plan and work out as many of the bugs as possible, but recognize that no plan is foolproof. You will need to improvise and adapt to the situation as it changes.
  • Get to know your neighbors - if banding together is necessary, it's better to know who you'll want in your circle before bad things happen.
  • Avoid broadcasting information about your state of preparedness, inventory of supplies, etc - if bad things happen you might have people lining up outside your door begging for help, or worse. Share information only with those in your circle who have a need to know.
I maintain a healthy degree of skepticism with everything I see on the Internet and/or media. Everyone has an agenda, whether it's gaining subscribers, selling product, or pushing a viewpoint.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top