JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I need to go to portland after work today to visit a friend in the icu at OHSU. Think it'll be safe that way? I'm not familiar with portland and don't want to get caught up in any "protesting"
If you are going to the OHSU med centers up on the hill (Marquam), then that is probably safe from riots as it is not downtown, but I have heard of occasional muggings in the parking lots up there.

If it is the south waterfront campus, I can't speak for that area.

Situational awareness...
Pay attention to what is going on around you...what looks "right" , what looks different , etc....

Avoidance....
If you see something that looks "wrong" or like you shouldn't go there...then don't go there.

Breaking contact...
You don't always have to fight or continue to fight...finding a better position or a retrograde movement may be best at times.

Have a plan...
But...be flexible as life won't play by your rules or planning.
Andy

"Well there you go. When they come for you just the apathetic will.. be apathetic."

When they come for me I won't manifesting apathy. I will protect my own.
I have no delusions about being a "sheep dog." The inhabitants of the Blue Cesspool have created their own dystopia, and it that's the way they like it, oh well.
Those who aren't armed can call the police and beg for their lives pending arrival.
Those who are armed can protect themselves and don't need me.
It's not apathy. It's knowing what is or is not a good idea. I am not physically robust enough to flee from a mob or get up from the ground in a hurry. When things really get ugly I would rather be in a position to defend my home than miles away protecting something else.

Situational awareness...
Pay attention to what is going on around you...what looks "right" , what looks different , etc....

Avoidance....
If you see something that looks "wrong" or like you shouldn't go there...then don't go there.

Breaking contact...
You don't always have to fight or continue to fight...finding a better position or a retrograde movement may be best at times.

Have a plan...
But...be flexible as
You see numerous articles on this topic. Many have helpful information but Andy provides the essential summary for all of them. Avoidance must be a priority because no matter how "right" one is, nothing good will result. Andy quite possibly also has as good of a perspective on this as anyone walking the earth. Thanks for sharing.

"Fail to plan, plan to fail." :cool:

cm.jpeg

Something else to consider avoiding ....is complacency.
Boredom and complacency will sneak up on you if you ain't careful.

I have sprung many a successful ambush when exploiting the enemy's sense of complacency.
In addition , I have seen many friendly casualties from boredom and carelessness.

Letting down one's guard or thinking it will be easier if we do it this way , etc...can be dangerous.
Worth noting is , that being alert all the time...can also be as dangerous...due to a lack of "down time" or relaxing / rest / etc...
Andy

Last Edited:
Nah.....Just call 911 and then....
WAIT, and Wait, and wait......

IF the popo ever show up.
Remember, to thank them.
Don't get mad.
You were just one of the many waiting.

And BTW, Thank You, for your patience.

Now let's get back to the real important business of DEFUNDING THE RACIST POLICE.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Exploit your enemies weakness when ever you can, be where he is not, take the high ground when ever possible, and be nowhere when he comes looking for you. Practice being the grey man, invisible and yet present, keep your eyes moving and ears hearing, pay attention to the little details like people's shoes, but don't loose sight of the big pictures! Plan routes, and escapes, plan hard points, choke points, and ambush sites, be prepared to exploit any and all! Have a plan to deal with scared people, and beserkers, know the difference, and always carry, and always keep your boots laced and pants bloused!

I travel Into Portland quite regularly for work. Not going is not a option you tend to watch news reports and look at path of travel. We were in SE all last week watching the trail to make sure no protest started and blocked our normal route. Most time only a small portion of area is effected and can be avoided.

"Well there you go. When they come for you just the apathetic will.. be apathetic."

When they come for me I won't manifesting apathy. I will protect my own.
I have no delusions about being a "sheep dog." The inhabitants of the Blue Cesspool have created their own dystopia, and it that's the way they like it, oh well.
Those who aren't armed can call the police and beg for their lives pending arrival.
Those who are armed can protect themselves and don't need me.
It's not apathy. It's knowing what is or is not a good idea. I am not physically robust enough to flee from a mob or get up from the ground in a hurry. When things really get ugly I would rather be in a position to defend my home than miles away protecting something else.
Amen to that. I to am too old for that bubblegume. I am likely the best armed in my building, maybe the only. Nobody gives a damn about an old white guy. Guess what? Old white guys matter! (When they can hit you in the melon at 100 yards, or in a hallway at 20 feet) Bring it on, " I'll be your huckleberry "

I feel safe here on the mountain. I go into town infrequently to get milk or ammo from someone here, or go to the chiro to get my spine crackled (the LMT does a better job) or do something for the kids, but I don't need to go into town more than once every 3-4 weeks, so I am somewhat confident I could be ok without exposing myself to idiots rioting in downtown Portland.
I think you might be one of my neighbors.

We leave the mountain rarely enough, mostly try to bundle all the town BS into one trip so we can come back to the green zone

Good information. Too bad we have to prepare for events that are completely avoidable if government authorities were able or willing to take action against violent criminals embedded in protest demonstrations. Those who peacefully engage in expressing their rights aren't the threat. Those who take advantage of the situation to engage in violence should be dealt with by applying judicious use of force by the responsible authorities followed by prosecution and incarceration. Unfortunately, most of the issues we have seen so far, and will see again, are the direct result of governing authorities refusing to exercise this option.
They government is in on it. The building must be demolished before a new structure can be built.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top