JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a cognitive bias which leads people to disbelieve or minimize threat warnings.[1] Consequently, individuals underestimate the likelihood of a disaster, when it might affect them, and its potential adverse effects.[2] The normalcy bias causes many people to not adequately prepare for natural disasters, market crashes, and calamities caused by human error. About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias during a disaster.[3]

Risk analysis is personal. People strive to pigeonhole what level of risk they are willing to incur but often do the exact opposite when things don't go according to the best case scenario.

Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a cognitive bias which leads people to disbelieve or minimize threat warnings.[1] Consequently, individuals underestimate the likelihood of a disaster, when it might affect them, and its potential adverse effects.[2] The normalcy bias causes many people to not adequately prepare for natural disasters, market crashes, and calamities caused by human error. About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias during a disaster.[3]
I think for many on this forum and especially on this thread, we have realized there is no such thing as "normal" any longer, so bias has become minimal. But is it very strong in some.

The fun thing about cons . . . ohhh, sorry, Totally Accurate Predictions like these is that any logical inconstancies can just be waved away with a simple "You just don't understand how these things work"
LOL, I know this starts to sound like an old Abbot and Costello routine. Not that there is not a lot of people at the top who would LOVE a system where they could track and control us. Problem is some people become like cult members. No facts penetrate, they just "believe" in some fantasy that is not possible. It is funny as hell but it also can make those who are on the fence look at us all and think we are all nuts. Then not believe anything we try to tell them about pending laws because they have heard insane predictions that of course never happen. Then real problems slip right past no one wants to see. :(

If they do it will be REALLY fun to watch the complete meltdown in big cities. They will literally have to have the National Guard come in and bring law back. It will look like something out of a movie and a LOT of people will die. We need a good purge. This should do it quite well. :D
I figure it won't make much difference as most people use electronic payments these days. It will likely be another barrier to private party gun sales though.

1680621507850.png

Watch what is happening to smaller countries as they experiment. I am NOT a worse caser .... many believe when the dollar is done we lose everything - paper and digital that is dollar based and then a new, flat XXX amount is 'rewarded' to everyone. I am optimistic in saying people will be given time to convert paper/dig accts, 'dollars' into the new FEDnow crypto.

Dollar Death.png

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR