JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What currency would or could replace the US Dollar as a reserve currency?

Certainly not the Russian Ruble.
Who would realistically trust China and its currency.
Perhaps the EURO, but some of the countries in the European Union don't even trust the Euro.
Crypto? Your electronic wallet can get wiped out pretty darn easily.
Gold? Maybe. It has a better chance of holding value in hard times than most things.

If times get really hard, booze and cigarettes might be the new currency.
Mel Tappan thought .22 ammo would become the new world currency after crash of civilization.

What is your opinion?

Perhaps the EURO, but some of the countries in the European Union don't even trust the Euro.
Gold? Maybe. It has a better chance of holding value in hard times than most things.

Mel Tappan thought .22 ammo would become the new world currency after crash of civilization.

What is your opinion?
Tucker laid it out pretty good, inflation is going to wipe out the dollar pretty soon. If folks have extra money now then they are going to try and shield it if they can. When the crash happens I hope I have everything I need to last until things change.

Not knowing what the government is going to do, everything you buy to shield is at risk. Everything.

Mel Tappen was very popular in his day as a survivalist but far to early in his predictions.

We are crashing now, not a prediction.

Tucker laid it out pretty good, inflation is going to wipe out the dollar pretty soon. If folks have extra money now then they are going to try and shield it if they can. When the crash happens I hope I have everything I need to last until things change.

Not knowing what the government is going to do, everything you buy to shield is at risk. Everything.

Mel Tappen was very popular in his day as a survivalist but far to early in his predictions.

We are crashing now, not a prediction.
We thought we were crashing when Jimmy Carter was president.
Preps are a form of insurance and we should all be well insured for the sake of our famiies.
Just remember that Tucker is an entertainer. Frequently, he speaks the truth, his goal is to entertain, bump up his ratings and make loads of money. If he believed the end was here, he would already be bugged out and into his multi-million dollar bunker.
Rachael Maddow is an entertainer as well. At least I hope she doesn't believe everything she says.

I'm not trying to say that you are incorrect, because I don't know.
But, somehow, we survived Jimmy Carter. Maybe we can survive our current mess as well.

What is your opinion?

This is a really long read, but the conclusion is: easily recognizeable coinage:

Also wild how many people keep linking to Tucker's videos seeing as how his utter duplicity is so well established
Yes, he has mixed feelings about Trump. He loathes him and thinks he was the best choice for the country at the time. Both things can be true and hardly unique to TC. What he is saying about the disastrous Biden Ukraine response and it's implications on the USD is also hardly unique.

Yes, he has mixed feelings about Trump. He loathes him and thinks he was the best choice for the country at the time. Both things can be true and hardly unique to TC. What he is saying about the disastrous Biden Ukraine response and it's implications on the USD is also hardly unique.
It isn't about his feelings about Trump, he believed Position A to be true and discussed it in text messages with others and in those messages he also mocked and denigrated the "experts" supporting Position B but when he was ON air he totally reversed his position, he made fun of those that believed Position A and praised the honesty, integrity and bravery of the same "experts" on Position B that he privately made fun of. And why did he do that? We know from the same text messages that he believed that his viewers would be mad at him if he didn't tell them what they wanted to hear and that would negatively effect his ratings and income.

Lots of fancy words for that, but I have some simple words for someone that lies for money ;)

Also you will note that I left out what the particulars of Position A & B and I did that for two reasons, first, it is a hot button issue that will likely accelerate thread lock, but more importantly it doesn't matter one whit to me which side he took, he lied and did it for cash and I would feel exactly the same about him or anyone else that did the same

Lots of fancy words for that, but I have some simple words for someone that lies for money
I think it is a little more complicated than that. If he owned the network, it might be that simple. If he had F-U money, it might be that simple. We all, at some point in our lives, gave up some of our personal beliefs in order to benefit our personal lives or the lives of others. Sometimes, self has to take a back seat.

Maybe he would be a better politician, where the desire of your constituents means more than your personal beliefs.

But we all know, only narcissistic, power hungry egomaniacs go for that job and the citizens don't matter.

I think it is a little more complicated than that. If he owned the network, it might be that simple. If he had F-U money, it might be that simple. We all, at some point in our lives, gave up some of our personal beliefs in order to benefit our personal lives or the lives of others. Sometimes, self has to take a back seat.

Maybe he would be a better politician, where the desire of your constituents means more than your personal beliefs.

But we all know, only narcissistic, power hungry egomaniacs go for that job and the citizens don't matter.
Interwebs say his net worth is +/- $30 Million, so financial dependence doesn't sound like an issue

But in concept I do agree with you on that point and I don't think people take that into account when criticizing local FFL's when it comes to trying to stay in business and comply with the ever changing laws

he lied and did it for cash and I would feel exactly the same about him or anyone else that did the same
You must really hate politicians. :s0140:

Keep in mind, Tucker isn't so much of a news person as an "entertainer". I'm pretty rightwing, but I've really just never cared for Tucker, and certainly don't take him seriously. I look at him like I look at most of the Hollywood crowd. The more outrageous you are, the more money you make.

You must really hate politicians. :s0140:

Keep in mind, Tucker isn't so much of a news person as an "entertainer". I'm pretty rightwing, but I've really just never cared for Tucker, and certainly don't take him seriously. I look at him like I look at most of the Hollywood crowd. The more outrageous you are, the more money you make.
That I do my friend, that I do!

And I have no real issues with Tucker as an "entertainer", my issue is when he is referenced as a reliable source

This is a really long read, but the conclusion is: easily recognizeable coinage:

The British Sovern coin was the "Gold Standard" with a fixed amount of gold (.2367 ounces, if I remember correctly). It was recognized the world over and the Swiss and French and the Austro-Hungary Empire also used the same denomination or multiples of it.

If someone is dumb enough to take a candy bar over a silver bar, how are they going to recognize pre-1964 US silver coinage, let alone actual gold coinage"?

Maybe food as currency? But what would such a person do with a bag of hard red winter wheat?

Your currency is only good if the other guy wants it.

I don't know the answer here, but I would want bottles of booze, cigarettes, gold, silver, canned goods, ammo and just about everything else stashed away in a TEOWAKI situation.

The British Sovern coin was the "Gold Standard" with a fixed amount of gold (.2367 ounces, if I remember correctly). It was recognized the world over and the Swiss and French and the Austro-Hungary Empire also used the same denomination or multiples of it.

If someone is dumb enough to take a candy bar over a silver bar, how are they going to recognize pre-1964 US silver coinage, let alone actual gold coinage"?

Maybe food as currency? But what would such a person do with a bag of hard red winter wheat?

Your currency is only good if the other guy wants it.

I don't know the answer here, but I would want bottles of booze, cigarettes, gold, silver, canned goods, ammo and just about everything else stashed away in a TEOWAKI situation.
And....Bic Lighters! :)

The one, two punch of shutting down American energy and forcing Russia to sell oil to Asia killed the Petro Dollar.

IMG_20230407_073625_170.jpg

The one, two punch of shutting down American energy and forcing Russia to sell oil to Asia killed the Petro Dollar.

View attachment 1399292
I'm sure that China wants to take the place of the USA , but who would trust the Chinese to be the reserve currency?
The Petro Yuan might be a thing for Russia and China, but who else would fall into line?

India would go for the Petro Rupee. They hate China.

Watched a brilliant video this morning with an interview of Col Douglas McGregor on YouTube. There was a blend of past and present that really makes you think about our world. Toward the end of the interview they pointed out how the crash is going to hit Americans, some good insights.

This is a world event and I suspect far more will die than covid killed.

It seems to me, that someone who is able to take raw ingredients and turn it into something that most people would recognize as edible finished food, would be in high demand and would be paid well. If only they had the raw ingredients and ability to do so, they would be even more in demand.

I.E., a restaurant or food truck.

@Longwalkhome do you have a link to that video?
I don't bring a lot here even though it's great stuff. Too afraid of breaking the rules and getting the thread shut down.

Today I found the best thread ever on how Americans are fed propaganda and manipulated. Knowing how it's done can save you life because you can see ahead of time how the herd is driven and where they are taking it.

Unfortunately once again I follow the rules and won't bring unapproved sites here, I like this place and don't want to be booted.

Good luck guys.

I decided to give you a taste of the post and not where it came from. A small bit of understanding for sure.

"First, the story surfaces from the New York Times. What does that tell us? It tells us the stakeholders in a background narrative surrounding the issue as constructed are domestic intelligence interests. If there was a State Dept stakeholder interest, the story would have been presented by CNN. If there was a U.S. foreign intelligence operation stakeholder interest, the story would have surfaced in the Washington Post.
The story surfaces in the New York Times, indicating a U.S. domestic intelligence interest; and the story is sourced directly to the White House via "senior Biden administration officials." What does that mean? It means the narrative that flows from the story has a direction to shape opinion from the perspective of U.S. government domestic public relations. It means the narrative is intended to sway a domestic audience with a motive toward something else."

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews