JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mindset -

Where are you likely to be surviving?

If you are thinking we may need a bunch - for our neighbors etc.
Like say after an earthquake where you are hunkering in place
then what should you be looking at?

Something like this? - which is more of an EDC than survival

I have a couple of stainless knives, either end of my house outside. One in my shed, One near where the gas shut off is (along with some other tools - if an earthquake, tornado, landslide, meteorite etc, I 'll expect to need to get to the gas shut off) Like these
11824.jpg

A few of these for the neighbors might be a good idea.

Does that meet the traditional definition of a survival knife?

Maybe what comes to mind is from the old comics / boys magazines. Where the knife has 100 gadgets. Hollow handle has fish hooks, like, a compas, a stone on the pouch,
http://www.budk.com/Amazon-Jungle-Survival-Knife-Sheath-18810
A17-BK1805_700.jpg

But the likelihood it will be me & my knife and millions of acres of wilderness is zero.

I like mine:

image.jpeg
Tops 9in Anaconda

"Designed by Ron Hood of "Hoods Woods," this knife has been around the world and proven itself from the African jungles to the Alaskan frontier. Its unique design enables the user to enhance the downward stroke of the knife by the angular relationship to the sturdy handle. Ron hood's experiences have made him a highly respected authority in the survival community, worldwide. His experiences have enabled the Anaconda design, to be a "field functional tool" in all terrains, and most worthwhile for military and civilians alike. Dan Shechtman survival author wrote: "The TOPS Anaconda reflects Brent's vision of the perfect survival knife." This knife has been and still is daily in action."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top