JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shall endeavor to control any disappointment I might find. ;-)

I am German Irish Norwegian and English. My wife is from NZ and is English and Scottish. Together we're pure American.

I am aware of the shooting sports in the UK and Ireland. I know that for sporting there is a lot more possibility to own things. My best friend and father go over every year for wood pigeon. Their guide is from H&H. He comes over every year to service their shotguns.

If you guys can give me some kind of promise that you won't p*ss all over me [again], you might find something interesting to read right here -

http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/p.o.f._revolt_straight_pull_308_rifle_suffolk_rifle

Yours for only $4600.00, too!

That's here, of course, you guys likely get it for a couple of hundred bucks with a scope and bipod thrown in to sweeten the deal, right? :rolleyes:

tac

The 5.56 upper here is ~$1000
<broken link removed>

The rifle is ~$2000 for the 308

Its probably illegal to buy and ship you a rifle right? :)

Very.

It's Federal Offence called arms trafficking.

Dealer to dealer it would cost the same anyhow. It's really not worth the trouble.

Thanks for the kind offer, though.

tac

Tac, have you seen any lever action AR's like this one in the UK? Im curious to how they are to shoot

PTSwUOy.jpg

You have them. We all do.
It's sad only Americans are seen to have them.:s0002:

Dunno about Britain, but with the politicos here holding Australia up as a gold standard with the buy back I did some checking. Apparently in Australia the constitution provides:

No protection from search and seizure
No protection from self incrimination (no Miranda rights)
No protection from cruel and unusual punishment
No explicit right to free speech or press
No right of free assembly (I would like that for the Occupy jerks) or association

The Aussie government found that their laws didn't affect firearms crimes. I'm betting the above are the reason for traditionally low rate of firearms abuse.

So it's easy to criticize when you are secure that the government can't arbitrarily tear your house apart to make sure you have no firearms and that you are protected against self incrimination.

Tac, have you seen any lever action AR's like this one in the UK? Im curious to how they are to shoot

View attachment 261396

I've seen just ONE. As you can imagine, at $7500 a pop they are not exactly thick on the ground...it's made by our old pal, Bob Smith of the Southern Gun Company, somewhere in the wilds of Dartmoor, home of the Hound of the Baskervilles. He may have sold two or three.

Me, I'd rather have boiling mercury poured into my stapled-open eyelids than admit to owning one of these abortions, but hey, if you've got it, flaunt it.

Makes me laff, TTTT, to see that dime store scope on a $7500 toy gun.

BTW, did you see me shooting a semi-blowback, thumb-release AR carbine in 9mm?

tac

Last Edited:
I shall endeavor to control any disappointment I might find. ;-)

I am German Irish Norwegian and English. My wife is from NZ and is English and Scottish. Together we're pure American.

I am aware of the shooting sports in the UK and Ireland. I know that for sporting there is a lot more possibility to own things. My best friend and father go over every year for wood pigeon. Their guide is from H&H. He comes over every year to service their shotguns.

Ah, your friends move in different circles to me, indeed, different planets. Are there no ordinary - that is to say, 'poor' people in America, more like me? I'm too poor to even write H&H, me. :(

My old pal, Talks to trees Elliott III, is pure American, as in pure Lakota. As is my former Master Chief Warrant Officer Mike Moran, a 100% Blackfoot.

tac, 100% pure baloney

Why?

You can have the real thing.

tac

Exactly.....WHY? Other than to make some sort of rifle that is politically correct, especially the UK, that falls outside of the political definition of "assault rifle". IMO, it totally defeats the entire concept of a semi automatic rifle. There is no advantage of making a bolt action out of a semi auto. In all honesty. In a defense situation, that is entirely too slow.

Exactly.....WHY? Other than to make some sort of rifle that is politically correct, especially the UK, that falls outside of the political definition of "assault rifle". IMO, it totally defeats the entire concept of a semi automatic rifle. There is no advantage of making a bolt action out of a semi auto. In all honesty. In a defense situation, that is entirely too slow.

Yes its a crippled firearm, but it is also a novelty and an interest from a engineering point of view. I can only buy so many regular AR15's before getting bored of them. I have several guns set up for home defense in quick access safes and my carry guns. They rest are just curios

Yes its a crippled firearm, but it is also a novelty and an interest from a engineering point of view. I can only buy so many regular AR15's before getting bored of them. I have several guns set up for home defense in quick access safes and my carry guns. They rest are just curios

Well, Sir, this thing an expensive curio, at $7500.00 here in yUK. By the time you've paid Uncle Sam's coffers his dues and all the other stuff, you'll be looking at an easy $10K.

However, it's likely that it will be the only one that you'll ever see where you live...

From MY POV, it's a mark of shame that the UK government does not trust yUK subjects with a semi-auto centrefire, when we have anything centre-fire up to .75cal....

tac

I started with a DPMS Panther lower, added a Mega billet side-charger upper with YHM SS side charger carrier and a 24" SS bull 1:8 .Ran this way until laws changed. Then I got in on a group buy for a 20" BHW 1:7 semi-bull without a gas port. Then I found a guy who machined a replacement charger stud to use a larger knob.
Pic 1 original charger handle
Pic 2 Bradley Arms UK style charger (for those shooting right handed)
Pic 3 my charger with oversized knob. I shoot lefty now, due to eyeball issues. If the knob was angle downward, it would be more ergonomic.
Note: this rifle has no gas port, gas tube, manifold, or buffer ( just a spring and a plug in place of the buffer to assist pushing the BCG forward.

IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0289.JPG

I'm sorry to admit that I don't see the point of having a manually-operated version of a semi-automatic firearm if it is not a requirement in law. It's an interesting concept, but to me, living in a country where it's more-or-less 'straight-pull' or nothing, it is self-defeating exercise in the extreme.

I guess that living in the USA, where anybody can just buy the bits and build a gun - like a Lego set - it's great fun, but for me, at least, it pretty much a bitter sweet thing. I guess also that I'm being childish in a dog-in-the-manger-y way - you are doing for fun something that is illegal for us here to do, just for giggles.

Sorry to rain on your parade and all that.

tac

I'm sorry to admit that I don't see the point of having a manually-operated version of a semi-automatic firearm if it is not a requirement in law. It's an interesting concept, but to me, living in a country where it's more-or-less 'straight-pull' or nothing, it is self-defeating exercise in the extreme.

I guess that living in the USA, where anybody can just buy the bits and build a gun - like a Lego set - it's great fun, but for me, at least, it pretty much a bitter sweet thing. I guess also that I'm being childish in a dog-in-the-manger-y way - you are doing for fun something that is illegal for us here to do, just for giggles.

Sorry to rain on your parade and all that.

tac
Like tits on a bull. I don't see the purpose and I'm not anxious to get my hands on one. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top