JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is one practical application which is shooting with suppressors. Now of course a bolt gun is the obvious choice for such things but for some the straight pull AR would be a better choice, quite a bit faster to shoot I suspect than a bolt gun.

Personally the only reason why I would want one is because its weird. I happen to like weird and seek out weirdness

That's all fine and dandy for you, but here in UK there are NO centre-fire semi-auto rifles or carbines- that's the law. We therefore have to make do with what we CAN have.

FYI, even the LMT in .308Win IS available as a UK-only straight-pull, for £3500.00 - that's nigh-on $5500. Bare gun, mind, you have to add all the bells and whistles yourself.

It all turned to ratshirt in 1986, when a unmentionable person used his semi-auto AK and M1 carbine clone to slaughter sixteen people in Hungerford.

Almost instantly, all semi-auto centre-fires were made into prohibited firearms, and a gubmint buy-in was begun - no matter how much your gun had cost oyu - £150.00 was the deal. All of mine went to continental Europe where they don't have a problem with such guns.

tac
Is there no kind of a ground swell to get your rights back? Police are reactive, not proactive. They have been minutes late every time. Fighting with chairs and ashtrays is all well and good, and brave, but wouldn't people want to protect themselves and others if they could? Its ingrained in most people here so it is hard to watch. Not angry with ya just puzzled.

There are no rights to own any kind of firearm for any reason. I have pointed this out dozens of times on this forum.

Firearm ownership here is privilege bound by vast amounts of law.

Shooting is a very minority sport here in yUK. There is no groundswell of public opinion, let alone a demand to carry for self protection. People are just not gun-minded in the least.

As for being minutes late to an attack, I'm assuming that you are an expert on getting around London, and are fully aware that the part of London in which the attack took place is nothing more or less than an up-dated medieval warren of small streets. As such, I'm amazed that they got there so fast.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads