JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know you guys are going to hate me, ( as I am always preaching how great these are)
the Yugo SKS with a gas off switch will fire exactly like this.
And lots cheaper. Sorry I am really SKS bias.

Yes it would.
Or a DR-200 with the gas system turned off.
Or a sig 556 with the gas plug removed or inverted.
Or a FAL with the plug removed. Or the port adjusted fully open to dump gas.

These plus many other gas operated rifles with the gas system modified to not work.

But I like to keep mine ''as is''. ;)

Last Edited:
Yes it would.
Or a DR-200 with the gas system turned off.
Or a sig 556 with the gas plug removed or inverted.
Or a FAL with the plug removed. Or the port adjusted fully open to dump gas.

These plus many other gas operated rifles with the gas system modified to not work.

But I like to keep mine ''as is''. ;)
SWEEEET Collection :)

It goes without saying that .22LR semis are not a problem. Meanwhile, the line grows here for the new Ruger Precision rifle, which, even at the UK price, just has to be the bargain of the decade.

At least five have been ordered by fellow shooters in my club.

tac

subscribed.

we have Threat Dynamics near us here. It is only a short indoor range but they allow up to 308 and shotguns. But if you every wanted to shoot one of mine just to see how it handles let me know when you are in town

http://www.threatdynamics.com/

TD is great but I would be happy to have both of you as my guests at Tricounty which is 5 min from Threat Dynamics and the only limits are no fully auto and no 50cal.

Tac, my go to rifle is a Lee Enfield I mk III*. Have 6mmbr, 204, 22-250, 8mm, and FALs and ARs. All fun to shoot. .45. An antique 9mm and .22s

I like you here Tac. I have to admit though that I think while you all got off to a great start in 1215 and sort of held it together till 1688, you all seem to have let the place get in democratic in the last 330 or so years.

I don't blame you, but it is a cautionary tale for us.

BTW an honest invite to shoot when you're next here in PDX.

All that stuff - Magna Carta, The Bill of Rights, your argument with the English and just about everything to do with it everything since is nothing at all to do with me, Sir.

Until at least the late 1800's my Irish dad's family were struggling to stay alive in County Cork, Ireland, and my mom's family were either making clothes or printing newspapers in London, England, having left France just ahead of the stakes and flaying knives of those nice Christian folks.

As I pointed out to somebody else recently, I'm only about 1/8th British, but live here for personal family reasons. If I had the choice, I'd be writing this missive to you from somewhere around Port Orford OR, or with the rest of my family around Brighton ON, but I don't, so I'm not.

We all do what we can within the strictures of the society in which we live - and I'm no different. Here, like in most places, there are rules, and in order to play at all, you have to abide by the rules or get smacked.

I play, and I have nineteen guns. That's nineteen more than 95 per cent of the population of this country. I can live with that, because I have to, or else take up knitting or egg-stretching.

I like it here, most folks are friendly, and I like to imagine that I come over as friendly, too. A total of around 20,000 posts on other US-based gun forums have passed mostly without hassle, although I've had some extremely unpleasant remarks made about me and what we have to go through in order to have something that all of you take for granted. I'm not here to get pissed on by anybody, and you can take that to the bank. Being a friendly guy, I don't lower myself to ripping folks a new one on the internet - life really is too short, and I'm much nearer the end of mine than the beginning, that's for sure.

So I'm here to talk about guns, from a different viewpoint - or little/big trains, or just bat the breeze about most anything except politics [I don't vote in your elections], or religion [I'm more of an animist than anything else]. I'll give you a clue there - I don't shoot crows.

Discussion is one thing. Clarification in either direction may or may not be called for. But not insults or general bad-mouthing.

How am I doing so far?

Best

tac

Cant we all just get along? If you like guns, we already have a good bit in common. I dont care what your home country did, what color you are or who you want to sleep with (although I might take exception to farm animals)

If we fight, we cant effectively fight them.

Save it for them.

I know you guys are going to hate me, ( as I am always preaching how great these are)
the Yugo SKS with a gas off switch will fire exactly like this.
And lots cheaper. Sorry I am really SKS bias.

now now, dont go ruining my desire to buy a gun that was manufactured in a neutered way on purpose when I could just temporarily emasculate my SKS to get the same effect :D

(BTW how do I turn the gas switch off on my SKS ?)

:D

(BTW how do I turn the gas switch off on my SKS ?)
Are you being serious ? Not sure , the Yugos have a push lever like this, if it was rhetorical sorry :)
Yugo_GasCutOffA.jpg

I have considered the accuracy of running my AR with full float barrel and an adjustable gas block.

That may be in the list of "todo" items. My best with a Ruger MKII was .120" center to center. Now if I can find a load for the AR that does that.

Much cheaper than $2500!

I was being serious. no wonder, I have a chinese sks with no gas cutoff that I can find.
I was thinking the same thing - no such doohickey on my SKS either.

Its why I favor the Yugo's they are slightly heavier as well, due to most have a flash-suppressor, the gas switch and add a bayonet which I do not mind since I am 6'4" and its a tad longer maybe an inch. I have several including Chinese and one thats been all bubud out.
I just finished one that I made into a Dragonov setup worked the bolt some and did allot on the stock.
I try not to be bias on SKS's but I know allot about them after having a few and working them into perfect on the range. SKS's can be picky but a few simple things can make these nice. My Bubba one is a hoot to shoot looks like the bastage child of a Ak-47 and SKS. I have shaved the bolt on some so they can take the stock fixed ten, or duckbills. Now it makes sense why you guys were thinking I welded something hehe.
Naw its kinda cool with that switch the firearm will fire even if the gas port fails and would do it in a natural way.
I just for fun last night checked head spaces a few of them since I have been tinkering with the bolt and wanted to make sure everything fit :) They do and now time to take em out and have some fun.

Indeed. We are where we are for lots of reasons. I was not intending to take YOU to task. I just think that it is s cautionary tale to see a nation force Magna Carta and the Bill of Rights then spend hundreds of years frittering it all away.

I am not using the second person singular you but the second person plural you.

So much of our system is based on Common Law even today. It is important for us to know that our archetypes lost it all and we may well too.

I would love to meet you Tac and shoot with you. I have occasion to shoot with some English friend from time to time and is always a pleasure.

All the crap really didn't start until 1920. Before that, you could have anything you wanted, just like you can. Even fully autos. Sales of the Thompson SMG to the general public stopped in 1926.

A shaky government, genuinely frightened of violent revolution, made firearms legislation to start the slow decline.

However, as I've pointed out three hundred billion times already, shooting sports of all kinds are the fastest growing participation sports in the entire UK, with a general growth of around 50,000 a year for the last five years. AAMOI, ANY person over the age of 18, who is not a convicted criminal, can have a shotgun that holds up to three cartridges. The police have to PROVE that you are not a fit person to own one. There are, therefore, around 3 million legally-owned shotguns in a population of 65 million people. I make that around >4.5% of the entire population - not bad by comparison with ANY other nation in Europe

As for the safety thing, no gun club, no matter how big it is, and Bisley can have 10,000 visitors in a weekend at a big international shoot or the Phoenix shoot, has to be policed to ensure the safety of the participants.

By way of contrast, most football matches between the London clubs have around 400 - 600 police present to control the 'unrest'...

If we ever meet up, you'll have to hide your disappointment - I'm not an English anything - you'll have to make do with an Irish/Canadian with 1/8th Englishness from my half Anglo/half-French grandmother. Will that do?

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads