JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OT, but take a look at Youtube Welsh Highland Railway Superpower weekend - you'll see some of the FIVE real ones they have there. Mine are only small-ish, weigh around forty pounds and are live steam radio-controlled gas-fired.

See -

tac

Trains............... Ah what a great time to relive.
Just think. Now your children and grandchildren can collect model guns.

Now about guns and the British that don't apparently need them.

The British didn't learn anything from WW I and II.
When WWII broke out. We sent loads of civilian guns over to save there sorry buts until they could make or buy urgently needed guns!
And we didn't get many back. I bet most were eventually destroyed.

No respect for guns. Or even tolerance for how they serve as tools.
The next war? You get nothing! :s0002:

'allowed them to register'? You mean, there was actually a choice? o_O

16th August 1920 - .http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1920/43/pdfs/ukpga_19200043_en.pdf

tac

Now about that choice you didn't have when they came for your guns?

Well I'm sorry. But If I have to explain it to you. You will never understand.

Must be something lacking in British blood?

Trains............... Ah what a great time to relive.
Just think. Now your children and grandchildren can collect model guns.

Now about guns and the British that don't apparently need them.

The British didn't learn anything from WW I and II.
When WWII broke out. We sent loads of civilian guns over to save there sorry buts until they could make or buy urgently needed guns!
And we didn't get many back. I bet most were eventually destroyed.

No respect for guns. Or even tolerance for how they serve as tools.
The next war? You get nothing! :s0002:

Now about that choice you didn't have when they came for your guns?

Well I'm sorry. But If I have to explain it to you. You will never understand.

Must be something lacking in British blood?

Sir, you are singing an 'old and wrong song', and to the wrong person.

'bye.

tac

You do understand your mad at yourself? Not me. Right?
Your shame is not mine. :s0002:

But please do stay in Britain. And Keep your Luke warm love for gun's there.
I don't want that ''Just live with what they give you'' attitude here!

'bye.

Are you guys OK with personal attacks on this forum? If so, I'm surprised and not a little disappointed.

I'm a gun-lover, and have been for sixty-three of my sixty-nine years. I served thirty-three years in the Army - full-time, no reserve - and I came to this site to share my love of guns and shooting with like-minded people from the only part of the USA that we ever visit.

To get ripped a new one because of things that happened when my PARENTS were children seems a mite unfair to me, but hey, if that's how you do it here, I'm cool with that.

If anybody feels that they can, after all, talk to a person that Mr Medic has as much as called a yellowbelly, you can find me on -

www.sigforum.com
www.gunboards.com
www.muzzleloadingforum.com
www.swissrifles.com
www.canadiangunnutz.com
www.airgunbbs.com

Take care now

tac

Sorry tac.

[QUOTE=" It all turned to ratshirt in 1986, when a unmentionable person used his semi-auto AK and M1 carbine clone to slaughter sixteen people in Hungerford.

Almost instantly, all semi-auto centre-fires were made into prohibited firearms, and a gubmint buy-in was begun - no matter how much your gun had cost oyu - £150.00 was the deal. All of mine went to continental Europe where they don't have a problem with such guns.

tac[/QUOTE]

I like guns.
I love freedom.

I thought I heard you say You let them take away your guns!
That happened in Your Time! Not your Parents.
That's my only rub. :s0092:

Sorry tac.

[QUOTE=" It all turned to ratshirt in 1986, when a unmentionable person used his semi-auto AK and M1 carbine clone to slaughter sixteen people in Hungerford.

Almost instantly, all semi-auto centre-fires were made into prohibited firearms, and a gubmint buy-in was begun - no matter how much your gun had cost oyu - £150.00 was the deal. All of mine went to continental Europe where they don't have a problem with such guns.

tac

I like guns.
I love freedom.

I thought I heard you say You let them take away your guns!
That happened in Your Time! Not your Parents.
That's my only rub. :s0092:[/QUOTE]

Medic get off your hi hoarse, you being a jacka** for no reason Tac has been a respected member here for a long time in fact longer than you have been here!!! So noc your sh*t off.

Stacy

Edit - don't waste your time trying to attack me because you're not going to get a reply

1. The Firearms Registration Act happened in 1920, after the UK government got it into their heads that three million pissed-off former soldiers MIGHT have just follow the recent Russian example and had an armed revolution. The government clamped down on gun ownership as a result, with ever-increasing turns of the screw since then.

2. In 1986 there was a massacre here in UK. Semi-autos were used by the perp to kill 16 people and injure another 20+. Being registered, it was not possible to avoid handing them in - or face ten years jail.

3. In 1996 there was another massacre of sixteen first-grade kids and their teacher - using a couple of handguns.

Again, since they were all registered, it was a matter of handing them in, or having them taken off you - again - ten years jail. If they had to take them off you, then ten years jail was guaranteed.

The USA is the only country on earth that has the RKBA.

The UK is just another country that doesn't. Gun ownership in any country other that the USA is a privilege, NOT a right.

So don't anybody get pissy with me about what the UK government does or does not do. The making of laws of any kind is not something that can be voted for or against in this country. The man in the street has absolutely no say whatsoever in any part of the law-making process

I hope that you understand that. We have to obey the law. or suffer the consequences. Remember that
here in UK there is no firearms LICENCE. There is only a firearms CERTIFICATE, that CERTIFIES that the Chief Constable deems you to be a fit and responsible person to acquire and possess firearms. That certificate can be torn up and confetti-ed over your head at any time if you step out of line.

tac

No. I'm being a jackazz for a reason!

It's just one you just don't understand or agree with?

Let me help you

This=
2.'' In 1986 there was a massacre here in UK. Semi-autos were used by the perp to kill 16 people and injure another 20+. Being registered, it was not possible to avoid handing them in - or face ten years jail''.

The only thing to do? Really!

You say this like your explaining to people. It's OK to give up your guns! It's the law!
You don't want to get in trouble. Do you?

When the truth is. Now that you gave up your guns. ''Your in trouble''!

You see. I feel endowed rights are a greater law!

No. I'm being a jackazz for a reason!

It's just one you just don't understand or agree with?

Let me help you

This=
2.'' In 1986 there was a massacre here in UK. Semi-autos were used by the perp to kill 16 people and injure another 20+. Being registered, it was not possible to avoid handing them in - or face ten years jail''.

The only thing to do? Really!

You say this like your explaining to people. It's OK to give up your guns! It's the law!
You don't want to get in trouble. Do you?

When the truth is. Now that you gave up your guns. ''Your in trouble''!

You see. I feel endowed rights are a greater law!

Since you're intent on belittling him for what, I assume, you would have done differently, if it would have been you, would you care to share what you actually would have suggested in his place?

Again, they don't have any kind of Constitutional protection to fall back on. And as for those 'endowed' rights, as much as I agree with them, a government with far more means (and firepower) who is intent on unendowing your rights, is likely a losing proposition.

I can't get what you're getting at. Not complying? Armed revolt?

I have yet to see anyone here in the states do anything to stand up against the government, save for hiding themselves or their guns away, doing back-alley transactions. About the most I've seen to date are people in CT and NY refusing to register their guns. And what has that changed so far?

You're bordering on a personal attack against him, and that's not cool. All he did was share some information and you turned it into an attack on him.

Rather than make this about a person, I really would be interested in what you think should have happened in England - knowing they don't have nearly the protections for freedom we have in the U.S.

Of course 'endowed rights' are a 'greater law' - it's just that the UK doesn't have them. Nor does any other country on earth, except the USA.

Don't judge any other country by your constitutionally guaranteed values. We don't have anything like them anymore.

tac

Rather than make this about a person, I really would be interested in what you think should have happened in England - knowing they don't have nearly the protections for freedom we have in the U.S.

In UK, actually. Mainland UK did as they were told to by the Westminster government. Northern Ireland's legislative assembly told them to go pound sand with regard to the handgun ban, and carried on permitting ordinary people to own handguns.

No semi-auto centrefire rifles or carbines though...

tac

Of course 'endowed rights' are a 'greater law' - it's just that the UK doesn't have them. Nor does any other country on earth, except the USA.

Don't judge any other country by your constitutionally guaranteed values. We don't have anything like them anymore.

tac

You have them. We all do.
It's sad only Americans are seen to have them.:s0002:

You do understand your mad at yourself? Not me. Right?
Your shame is not mine. :s0002:

But please do stay in Britain. And Keep your Luke warm love for gun's there.
I don't want that ''Just live with what they give you'' attitude here!

'bye.

You cant really blame him, and I mean this with no offence meant whatsoever, but he is a subject, not a citizen. Its like the difference between a bear born in the circus and one born on Kodiak AK. If you put them both in a half acre enclosure at the zoo, the circus bear will be perfectly content, while the wild bear would rather die.

The thing that makes me physically sick, is that there are some of our fellow citizens that want to put us back in bubbleguming chains.

Speaking of trains and this thread :p
train-derailment.jpg

Hijacking my own thread back.

I ordered a Ruger precision rifle in 308. Should i put a swarovski Z3 3-10x42 on it?
http://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/z3-c200504

Or a Burris Eliminator III with the built in laser rangefinder on it. Since I like gadgets.
http://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/...pe-series/eliminator-iii-laserscope-3-12x44mm

Plus, what is a good bipod manufacturer?

:cool:

I know you guys are going to hate me, ( as I am always preaching how great these are)
the Yugo SKS with a gas off switch will fire exactly like this.
And lots cheaper. Sorry I am really SKS bias.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top