JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've read a lot of this thread. I don't think a bumper sticker, window decal or any other kind of adornment on a vehicle is going to cause an anti-gunner to say "Wow, look at that sticker! I've been wrong all this time." I think the way to let people know that gun owners are normal folks is to let people who may think you're "normal" know that you're also a gun owner. That said, signs that indicate a readiness and, perhaps, even eagerness to engage in gun play don't serve the gun owning community well and simply reinforce an unflattering stereotype. If you want to support the 2nd Amendment, I'm sure there are shirts and signs that say "I support the 2nd Amendment," or better yet, "I support the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment."

I don't advertise my bank balance, my gun ownership, my prep status, how much cash and bullion I have on my property or any other details that may make me a more attractive target. I don't consider any of that to be an infringement of my rights, I simply see it as being smart, which is why there are no bumper stickers or decals on my vehicles. I like my rides to be the vehicular version of the "gray man."

Do what you want, but accept the consequences. Neighbor's truck is plastered with 2a and has been broken in to several times. Some just don't learn.

Looks like the back window of a 2000 Subaru. :rolleyes: :p
LOL. About five years ago I picked up a 1999 Forester so I could run around in the woods more cheaply, leaving my 4X4 pickup at home unless I had to have the ground clearance. My less conservative friends were in disbelief that I of all people, was actually driving a Subaru. Therefore, I had to dress it up a bit with some stickers. I don't live very far from Eugene, so I tried to "thread the needle" with less offensive stickers. I went with Bowtech, RMEF and Oregon Hunters Association. So far nobody has messed with it, not even in downtown Eugene. But then, it is somewhat of a beater, so maybe they did, and I missed it? :s0140:

It's funny, I used to have a thing against Subarus as well. A new but older hunting buddy had been driving one for years when I started hunting with him. It was an old lifted Loyale and we would go places in it that most folks weren't willing to take their pickups. On the rare occasion that we did manage to get it stuck, it was usually not much trouble to get it unstuck - often just me getting out and pushing or jumping up and down on the bumper, or stuffing branches under the tires. We finally had to retire it when we were replacing axles way too often, probably due to being lifted.

I have a dedicated gun room in my house that is plastered with gun signs. If someone gets down to that room it's obvious that I have guns anyway. But I don't put anything on the outside of the house. I do have two USPSA target type cut outs the back window of my car but unless you are a competitive shooter you aren't going to know what they are. Once someone asked why I have dreidels on my back window, lol. But I don't put anything else on it or my truck simply because some gun hating idiot is likely to come along and key it. Or worse.

Therefore, I had to dress it up a bit with some stickers. I don't live very far from Eugene, so I tried to "thread the needle" with less offensive stickers. I went with Bowtech, RMEF and Oregon Hunters Association. So far nobody has messed with it, not even in downtown Eugene. But then, it is somewhat of a beater, so maybe they did, and I missed it? :s0140:
You confused the Eugenie's with the Suby. :s0140:

30 years ago I had an NRA sticker on the wing window of my old ford f-100.
You weren't targeted for such things back then though.
In the 50's long before California became Commiefornia.I had a rifle rack in the back window of my truck which usually had either a shotgun, or rifle in it, depending on the season. :cool: Try that now...:eek::eek::eek::s0001:

In the 50's long before California became Commiefornia.I had a rifle rack in the back window of my truck which usually had either a shotgun, or rifle in it, depending on the season. :cool: Try that now...:eek::eek::eek::s0001:
Battle Ground High School parking lot was full of back window gun racks with rifles proudly displayed in the early eighties. Nobody gave it a second though, was hunting season after all. Rifle club was an elective as well. Never heard of someone getting shot in or around town.

What changed? Not the guns.

Battle Ground High School parking lot was full of back window gun racks with rifles proudly displayed in the early eighties. Nobody gave it a second though, was hunting season after all. Rifle club was an elective as well. Never heard of someone getting shot in or around town.

What changed ?
Everyone (woke)up ! :(

While we were on the other side of the world fighting communism, we forgot to lock the door. :s0092: :(

Flaunting ownership of anything you want to hang onto, or not get stolen is just good common sense. Unfortunately good common sense is tough to find these days, and I see plenty of guys proudly showing whoever wants to know that they have guns.
I often wonder if anyone who has a valuable collection of anything beyond guns would ever think it's cool to have a bumper sticker about gold, coin collections, stamps, or antiques? Nope. We never see the rest of the collecting world advertising what they hold dearly; only the gun owners.
I have had many of my neighbors for several decades, and never revealed to any of them I own firearms. If I'm headed to the range to shoot, or going to a gun show, I back my vehicle up to the garage, and carefully load it up. I always look before walking out with a gun case, and if I see anyone outside, I wait so they don't see what I'm doing. It's not paranoia, but rather just common sense not to advertise what's inside my house or vehicle.

Only a few coworkers actually recognized its true origin and they always smiled when they heard me tell others who asked that it was from a Law Firm.

HK-Coffee-Mug.jpg

I often wonder if anyone who has a valuable collection of anything beyond guns would ever think it's cool to have a bumper sticker about gold, coin collections, stamps, or antiques? Nope. We never see the rest of the collecting world advertising what they hold dearly; only the gun owners.
Collecting gold, valuable coins, stamps or antiques has nothing to do with the Bill of Rights, nor would advertising one's collection of such make a political or philosophical statement, to which flaunting pro-gun, pro-RKBA logos or comments is often the intent.

I doubt most here think we're being "cool" or advertising our income and ownership of high-end firearms (well, except maybe the HK guys) to those in the criminal element who would relieve us of our property...Maybe it's as simple as showing membership in the secret resistance or letting other members of our club know we're out and proud (kinda like the rainbow decals and license plate frames).

While we can't deny an NRA or SIG decal on the back window might make us be more susceptible to a car (truck) prowl by someone looking to score a nice gun or some quick vandalism by a member of the political spectrum which does not agree with us, as I said before, we either bow to the gods of political correctness and cower in anonymity, or we let everyone know there's enough of us out there that will not be silenced.

The larger issue, as I see it, is that the political left's agenda is to prove to all that gun-owners, RKBA-supporters, hunters and shooters are an inconsequential minority in this country. The fact is, we are not. But we're letting the left and the anti-gun faction frame the narrative. And don't spout the crap that it's solely because the mainstream media is controlled by the left. So many of us hide our gun-ownership and views, that it can certainly appear to many that the only people out there with guns are gangbangers, criminals and the cops.

Maintain your silence about your views on guns and your gun-ownership status. How's that working out for us so far?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top