JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I was a juror on a murder trial where a firearm was used. All the noise you here on the internet about signs, stickers, hollow points, home made ammo,ect,ect,ect never came up. The issue was whether it was a legentament self defense case or not. That is what the jury deliberated on, nothing else.

I think its 3 aspects at play here.
The recreational aspect of shooting, its fun to display a sticker of what your into.
The criminal aspect of "advertising" whats in your car or home (lump social/political into this one...)
The legal aspect of the type of content one displays ("kill em all...") if involved in a DGU.

The legal aspect has always baffled me, just how many gun owners reject the advice from the very people they will turn to if they ever had to actually use their gun in a DGU, the lawyers.

So I was a juror on a murder trial where a firearm was used. All the noise you here on the internet about signs, stickers, hollow points, home made ammo,ect,ect,ect never came up. The issue was whether it was a legentament self defense case or not. That is what the jury deliberated on, nothing else.
It could be that they didn't bring anything up because there was nothing. Also, just because a jury does not hear about something doesn't mean that it wasn't an issue. Preliminary hearings, motions to suppress and many important court issues are discussed out of the jury's presence. I've noted it before in other threads that I know of someone who spent thousands keeping something that was printed on his gun away from the jury. It appears that the presence of this information swayed the DA's office to file charges in the first place.
None of this played out in front of the jury.

I refuse to demonize guns in any way shape of form. They have been a big part of my life for all most 50 years. I refuse to hang my head in shame because of my personal property. Heck back when I rode motorcycles I was ridiculed for riding the wrong country of origin motorcycle. It never bothered me because I'd rather ride than join their club. When all you do is follow the herd all you see is the tail in front of you. I'd rather own guns and enjoy them and not be a victim or a sheeple. I see the problem being too many bad guys with guns and not enough good guys with guns. Guns not being the problem, only tools and how they are used. I see no difference in an American Flag, a Rainbow flag, a Glock Sticker or a Jesus Loves you sticker on the back window of a pickup. All are personal preferences and I need to be okay with all of them. Not my horse, not my rodeo.

Last Edited:
I don't drive a lifted truck so gun stickers are the next best way to let people know I have a tiny peepee.
You sound like a person who has always lived inside of city limits. Always near a metropolitan population base. I bet I could pick out your car in a parking lot after meeting you face to face.

I try to wear as much pro-america and pro-2A shirts as possible when I go out... The more blatant and in your face the better. I love it when some liberal gives me the stink eye cuz I just smile and laugh at them. They're all cucks anyway, so what are they going to do? Not a damn thing but cower and walk away... Eff em!

I try to wear as much pro-america and pro-2A shirts as possible when I go out... The more blatant and in your face the better. I love it when some liberal gives me the stink eye cuz I just smile and laugh at them. They're all cucks anyway, so what are they going to do? Not a damn thing but cower and walk away... Eff em!
I'm sure this serves the recruitment of non-gun owners to the protection of the 2A extremely well.

Those things rarely would come up in a trial where the state is deciding whether you did the right thing or not.
When those things come up is after the state determines whether you did the right thing, and later the family of the person who was shot decides to hire some scumbag attorney to sue you for damages. Then whatever you did will be investigated, and twisted in a civil case to be used against you. Everything from the gun, ammo, stickers on your vehicle or home, A Tshirt that's pro gun, or anything they can twist to convince a jury to award them money is subject to being brought up in the trial.
Back when I took my concealed carry class decades ago the instructor went over al of these things with the class, and it made a lot of sense. It shouldn't deter anyone from defending themselves, but it should be food for thought should you ever have to use your carry gun.

The true power behind a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick….are these stickers on his boot heels.

1672507948077.jpeg

Those things rarely would come up in a trial where the state is deciding whether you did the right thing or not.
When those things come up is after the state determines whether you did the right thing, and later the family of the person who was shot decides to hire some scumbag attorney to sue you for damages. Then whatever you did will be investigated, and twisted in a civil case to be used against you. Everything from the gun, ammo, stickers on your vehicle or home, A Tshirt that's pro gun, or anything they can twist to convince a jury to award them money is subject to being brought up in the trial.
Back when I took my concealed carry class decades ago the instructor went over al of these things with the class, and it made a lot of sense. It shouldn't deter anyone from defending themselves, but it should be food for thought should you ever have to use your carry gun.
Good point. Also statements and comments on social media are subject to being evidences.

Victims of shootings can go after the shooter, if they have any asset to go after.
The aftermath of a shooting, self defense or intentional or accidental shooting resulting in injury or death may bring civil lawsuits. Shooting victims or families can sue the shooter for some kind of negligence or wrongful death or injury.

Now, this bring up another subject. Some states and cities already passed or implementing laws for victims to sue gun manufacturers.

I refuse to demonize guns in any way shape of form. They have been a big part of my life for all most 50 years. I refuse to hang my head in shame because of my personal property. Heck back when I rode motorcycles I was ridiculed for riding the wrong country of origin motorcycle. It never bothered me because I'd rather ride than join their club. When all you do is follow the herd all you see is the tail in front of you. I'd rather own guns and enjoy them and not be a victim or a sheeple. I see the problem being too many bad guys with guns and not enough good guys with guns. Guns not being the problem, only tools and how they are used. I see no difference in an American Flag, a Rainbow flag, a Glock Sticker or a Jesus Loves you sticker on the back window of a pickup. All are personal preferences and I need to be okay with all of them. Not my horse, not my rodeo.
^ this^ says it all !

I want the bad guys to be completely and utterly surprised if they break into my house, or molest me or mine. I don't believe in warning signs. Just as useless as warning shots.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top