JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vanguard has some of the lowest fees in the industry. Buffet did an article on how great the Vanguard fee structure is and it also provide industry leading return. My largest investment account is in Vanguard and has been outstanding for a buy and forget fund.

I believe I don't pay any fees on the 401K. It is from my previous employer who is large enough that it is unlikely that they would ever go away (bought maybe, but not go defunct), and I have enough in there that they would want to keep the account. If not, then JH would probably keep the account or convert to an IRA.

Might want to look into. I worked for a very large employer and when I switched careers and moved my 401 in Vanguard the fee difference was enormous. All of them I looked at were fee based. Current employer pension has ridiculous fees on the management of the program and is incredibly limited on how you can invest unfortunately. Only good thing about it is the obscene amount put in by my employer with no match on my part.

Vanguard has some of the lowest fees in the industry. Buffet did an article on how great the Vanguard fee structure is and it also provide industry leading return. My largest investment account is in Vanguard and has been outstanding for a buy and forget fund.

Same. Almost all of our primary investments, including retirement, are with Vanguard. I couldn't be more pleased with doing business with them over the years. :)

I bought dogecoin 3 months ago while quarantied in a foreign country, bored waiting to be released. i sold it a few weeks later to make a profit,, kicking myself in the A>> for not stll having it. could have made 6 figures if i would have waited.. LOL shoulda woulda coulda..
I'm curious where the economy is going to end up. government is giving away money basically for free,, massive unemployment, savings rates at basically zero, real estate prices are insane at best.. whats to fear?. LOL

I bought dogecoin 3 months ago while quarantied in a foreign country, bored waiting to be released. i sold it a few weeks later to make a profit,, kicking myself in the A>> for not stll having it. could have made 6 figures if i would have waited.. LOL shoulda woulda coulda..
I'm curious where the economy is going to end up. government is giving away money basically for free,, massive unemployment, savings rates at basically zero, real estate prices are insane at best.. whats to fear?. LOL

Deficit spending probably won't affect the economy in a negative way immediately. OTOH, if we get infrastructure spending (which Trump promised and never delivered, instead wasting all his political capital on fighting Obamacare when he could have just used an EO to effectively kill it by getting rid of the mandated coverage clause {which he wound up doing anyway}) then this will help the economy in the short run.

I am moving forward on the premise that the stock market and economy will do well this year and on into 2022. Then it may stall, or plateau, I don't know, but much of the spending that Biden is pushing is over a longer term than just this year and next. The infrastructure spending is needed. The SS trust fund taxing needs some work. Income tax though is a different issue.

Short term, this all works out for me - I want to sell my property, I have good savings, and my retirement means that my income will be in a much lower tax bracket this year and next. I also don't need to take RMDs for 5 years, which gives me some flexibility in moving $ from my IRA to my Roth IRA.

It depends on how much you have in your 401K.

Yup. Along with how well the investment was protected over the last years comeuppance(s).

There is risk in everything, however did they manage it according the risks he perceive(d).

Alternatively could he have managed it better, with an assumed similar outcome for less (time&money outlay) than $500? I'd say probably not, as that's what they do. However everyone is different, so has differing views & financials.

I think this is a very good thing overall.

Maybe. It would be better if it were in conjunction with a higher personal savings rate.

As I mentioned, I think the economy will be ok to good until at least next year, maybe thru next year. After that?

But it would be best if households had backup savings for emergencies - last year was proof of what can happen and why people should be prepared - especially in their current weakened state.

It is funny (not really "haha" funny, but different); I am enjoying dumping guns and plowing the funds it into our portfolio. The "pews" just aren't doing much for me these days, but ever more diversification (and naturally assets) in the aforementioned does. Just listed another one on GB. Strange days, I guess.

I set some money aside to just play with about a year ago; it's up 400% today. The 401K and so on are safer but shucks. I guess the new improved CG taxes will raise some $ after all.

The proposed new cap gains tax are outrageous. Fortunately, the grossly incompetent, thoroughly dysfunctional, pathetic excuse for a legislative branch can't accomplish anything, so I suppose we're safe for now.

Started the process to put $7K for 2020 into my Roth. As an example of how long it takes for EDJ to get things done, it probably won't go in until Wednesday. Hopefully that will be a down day for the market.

Today I did well - still growing. But it is up and down, averaging out well though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top