JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have friends that fly the MAX for US airlines. They say that the problem was that the cheap foreign airlines would order planes without the backup sensor system and not train the pilots to recognize the symptoms of a failure of the only sensor system. If they had bought the standard system, like all US airlines, there would not have been a problem, and even if there had been a double failure, US pilots are trained to recognize it and keep the airplane under control. The foreign airlines didn't give that training, so the pilots didn't know what was happening.

I bought Boeing stock after the original grounding of the 737 Max fleet. I held onto it for a few months then sold it. Pretty east money as long as nothing falls out of the air in the mean time.

I have friends that fly the MAX for US airlines. They say that the problem was that the cheap foreign airlines would order planes without the backup sensor system and not train the pilots to recognize the symptoms of a failure of the only sensor system. If they had bought the standard system, like all US airlines, there would not have been a problem, and even if there had been a double failure, US pilots are trained to recognize it and keep the airplane under control. The foreign airlines didn't give that training, so the pilots didn't know what was happening.
You, and your friends, are exactly correct.

This has been going on a long time.
I liked this one…
IMG_7112.jpeg

Last Edited:
All these recent reports about Boeing aircraft issues are mostly just things that always happen that the news didn't bother to dig up.

Lots of issues related to airline maintenance happen all the time and didn't get reported as "Boeing issues".

Not trying to defend Boeing, they still suck, and Mr. Boeing is definitely rolling in his grave, but news is just sensationalist crap.

Delta 767 lost its slide or something at jfk. Sounds like it's an old plane fwiw.

Another day, another incident. Fortunately this event, although disturbing, does not threaten aircraft safety. The slide is separate from the exit door and is stored under the door, in the fuselage. I'm interested to see the final report of what triggered the slide to deploy. There are lots of sensors, switches and wiring involved. A 40 year old commercial airplane will have experienced lots of vibrations and stresses. Last July one deployed in-flight over Chicago on a United Airlnes flight.

1714173141287.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews