JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FC660489-C38E-4727-95B7-74054D539EDF.jpeg

Engine failures happen. The structure is designed to allow an engine to fail without damaging the rest of the airplane. This is one reason the engines are not embedded in the structure of the wings or fuselage on modern designs.

When a turbine engine fails, there is a lot of unburned fuel passed out the back end, burning as it goes. This creates the spectacular plume of flame as shown in the video. As long as that flame is only coming out the tailpipe of the engine, instead of the aircraft structure, things are going to be just fine. It is only when the flames are coming out of other places that you need to worry.

Engines don't fail because of the airplane's design. They fail from problems within the engine itself, which the airplane manufacturer cannot control. The engine manufacturer controls engine design, and the airline controls the maintenance procedures.

The above discussion does not address mismanagement by the aircrew or other causes, but those almost always involve things like lack of fuel.

Kinda looks like Alaska becoming a shot show. Passengers smelling fumes in cabin, other one landed with cargo door ajarMarch 1. We had one turbo go out on turboprop at Pdx, switched planes then that plane cabin filled with smoke. Third plane was ok. But that was many years ago.

Last Edited:
2 more accidents today.

1) 777 lost a wheel with tire that landed on cars in parking lot in San Francisco. Partially crushed small car and a Tesla. Looks like it was wheel+tire. Lucky it didn't hit anyone would have killed them most likely.

From Blancolirio video
3AC55146-F4CE-4ECA-B825-B4DB6C7B2DF9.png

Landing after diverting to LAX (longer runway) was uneventful. Blancolirio video

2) 737 max runs off runway in Houston today. Hard to tell if pilot error or what.

A5B2362C-895A-4F95-937C-82C97012A8D9.jpeg

871D0AB1-DB67-49EA-B8C6-5EF0BD52AB4E.jpeg
3820DE45-7D1C-4B4B-90ED-F5A514307E72.png

Last Edited:
2 more accidents today.

1) 777 lost a wheel with tire that landed on cars in parking lot in San Francisco. Partially crushed small car and a Tesla. Looks like it was wheel+tire. Lucky it didn't hit anyone would have killed them most likely.

From Blancolirio video
View attachment 1839024

Landing after diverting to LAX (longer runway) was uneventful. Blancolirio video

2) 737 max runs off runway in Houston today. Hard to tell if pilot error or what.

View attachment 1839050

View attachment 1839025
View attachment 1839026
Must be more of that "hey its not my job" kind of thing. Hey guys wheel fell off that jet we just worked on. Everyone looks around and says at the same time, wasn't my job to bolt that thing on.

Well, if it makes anyone feel better, Boeing does take diversity and inclusion very seriously....

Spirit AeroSystems, one of the major sub-contractors for Boeing and a key player in a lot of these failures, had an extremely "woke" DEI video that they've since scrubbed from the internet. There are some people who saved the video before it disappeared, but I'll just post a screenshot.

Nd9GcRXQHeEL_bjthp1A5diasL54wcaMxHHDYqvdQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Well, if it makes anyone feel better, Boeing does take diversity and inclusion very seriously....

I live next to the Boeing Everett plant. And, my wife works there.

I told her they have new LED lights for diversity that light up the side of the building. Last month was red yellow green, I guess to commemorate some diarrhea trough nation in Africa? She didn't believe me.

Today she sent me this:
1000001153.jpg

This is what Boeing is doing to distract it's activist investors who could give zero effs about properly building an airplane.

This is called "circling the drain".

Spirit AeroSystems, one of the major sub-contractors for Boeing and a key player in a lot of these failures, had an extremely "woke" DEI video that they've since scrubbed from the internet. There are some people who saved the video before it disappeared, but I'll just post a screenshot.

View attachment 1839381
ugh, disgusting.

Today, I was reading an article on KOMO about the Union members getting ready to hit Boeing up for 40% raises. Now, normally I despise Unions, but I make an exception in this case. Boeing played them dirty about 10 years ago. And now, they have no leg to stand on. I support the union in this cause. Boeing has been treating this industry as a marketing/investment endeavor for decades now. They have not taken building and engineering aircraft seriously for a long while. Their stocks rise when the lay off people, cut benefits or divest. Their stocks sink if they invest or try to increase benefits or engineer an all-new aircraft (I don't think they are capable of that anymore).

Reading the comments on that article, I saw a pretty funny post:

"How about instead of a 40% raise, you guys install 40% more bolts?"

I will not play the stock market anymore. Any company who makes stock value their focus has telegraphed that they are only interested in short-term gains over long-term viability. You cannot grow a stock value forever, eventually you have to "cash out" and invest in long term growth, or simply burn out and die.

If you really want to invest in a company for a return look at places that pay dividends based on profits and do not give a damn about the actual stock price. These are companies that are focused on being companies, not some magic investment opportunity that you cash out of tomorrow. But there are precious few of those because it can take decades to recoup your investment, and Wall Street does not have time for that.

I will not play the stock market anymore. Any company who makes stock value their focus has telegraphed that they are only interested in short-term gains over long-term viability. You cannot grow a stock value forever, eventually you have to "cash out" and invest in long term growth, or simply burn out and die.

If you really want to invest in a company for a return look at places that pay dividends based on profits and do not give a damn about the actual stock price. These are companies that are focused on being companies, not some magic investment opportunity that you cash out of tomorrow. But there are precious few of those because it can take decades to recoup your investment, and Wall Street does not have time for that.
Now that we are older, a few years ago my wife and I directed our investment manager to reallocate much of our stock portfolio to invest in companies that pay dividends and will hold value in a down market. Since then, our portfolio has performed better than the S&P 500, and we have been getting steady income from the dividends. Apparently, there is enough interest in this type of stock that it is driving up share prices.

United airlines hydraulic failure emergency landing. This time an airbus a320. That's four incidents for United this week.

View attachment 1840931
Methinks UA engages in charitable employment......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top