JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But it would be best if households had backup savings for emergencies - last year was proof of what can happen and why people should be prepared - especially in their current weakened state.

I also believe in that advice.

++++++++++++++

BUT.....
With all of the extra unemployment and stimulus money and loan and rent forgiveness/abeyance....
I fear that Americans will depend on such measures in the future.
Maybe Americans will see little to no need for savings anymore. Maybe, living paycheck to paycheck will be more of the norm. Believing that the Govt will bail them out.

I HOPE/PRAY that I'm wrong.

YES, I know that this was also the Govt's FAULT (and/or our FAULT) for shutting down (and/or the continued shutting down) of life.

We need to LEARN what measures really works and what doesn't. Look around......some places/countries had policies that WORKED without the heavy hand of the Govt.

Aloha, Mark

PS....in the news today (5-5-2021).
Will the "investors" in crypto be cashing in, to pay their rent?

Last Edited:
The $7K finally got put into the Roth. Wish it had gotten in yesterday when the market was down.

I suspect that in about 18-20 months I may want to back off a bit on my risk profile and try to lock in (somewhat) what I will have appreciated between now and then. The 2022 elections will be coming up too.

d7b0bfb08f2301395c48005056a9545d.gif

The good thing about the gas line shutdown and us buying oil from Russia because of it is they're going to stop mining in five states because of the sage grouse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top