JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is possible that current residents are moving out and those migrating to Portland are taking advantage of that fact?

Indeed. If the prices are still rising during *gestures around at everything* all this, it implies that more are still moving in than out. If you want out, now seems to be the time; demand is high. It doesn't seem to foretell the financial doom that I keep reading about though.

My sister put in a bid for a house in the Canby area. House sold for almost 90k more then the 850k asking with no contingencies. Crazy. Been looking to rent my house and buy in San Diego but the peices for anyrhing not in the ghetto are ridiculous doqn here.

My son called me up today " Hey, dad . How much did you cash all that Doge out for? Hitting over 40 cents today. ". Yeah, rub it in you little puke. Theres some people who made a lot of money today.

Sold my DOGE.X just a few minutes after the market opened. Not rich by any means off it but had 45,500 coins with a $.055 average and sold 40,000 at $.42 gonna let the rest ride unless my limit order fill at $.30 for 20,000.

Moving from 80/20 bonds/stocks to 50/50 stocks/bonds in my Roth.

I've not had a lot of growth in the Roth in the last 6 months - just flat. Since I am doing ok with my income and the rest of my investments (especially real estate), I decided to take a more growth oriented profile in my Roth - it is only about 10% of my retirement funds.

Biden probably didn't realize the mic was on.

I'm thinking about buying a high quality leather bag and sending it to the WH so he can police up what's left of his marbles and keep them safe.

1619118176484.png

:eek:

Last Edited:
My investments took a little ding. I've seen worse drops in the last 6 months or so. The market is very "offended" by what pols say sometimes, especially if it hits their bottom line directly - like a significant hike in capital gains tax would. It will bounce back.

Moving from 80/20 bonds/stocks to 50/50 stocks/bonds in my Roth.

I've not had a lot of growth in the Roth in the last 6 months - just flat. Since I am doing ok with my income and the rest of my investments (especially real estate), I decided to take a more growth oriented profile in my Roth - it is only about 10% of my retirement funds.

Well that paid off.

My other IRA and my 401K are doing well too. I've noticed my JH 401K is doing better, percentage wise, than my EDJ IRA - maybe even better $ wise, although it is about 25% the size of my IRA. My 401K is almost solely in Vanguard funds.

I like my 401K better because I can change where the $ are invested almost immediately and I have more control over it, whereas my Edward Jones IRAs I have much less control over, fees are higher, earnings are lower (only about average - i.e., 6-10%) and it can take several days to a week to reallocate how the funds are invested.

That said, the EDJ reports/info on their website are more informational with regards to performance. Between the two I am doing ok - I am thinking that this will be a good year for investments - maybe next year too.

Why not move those IRA funds into a lower cost company such as Fidelity or Vanguard? Definitely lower fees and a really good choice of funds with both.

Why not move those IRA funds into a lower cost company such as Fidelity or Vanguard? Definitely lower fees and a really good choice of funds with both.

I will think about it. I like my EDJ financial advisor though - I just don't care for the lack of control over the investments. That said, EDJ has done poorly, just average. I don't need a lot of growth though - it would be nice, but for now I prefer some safety.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top