JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't run around Winston much, I was going to say Loggers pizza, but it looks like they closed. Sakura sushi is actually really good in Roseburg. I was skeptical at first when my wife told me all of her friends really liked it. I asked which ones, as there's a lot of locals that have never gone anywhere else, let alone eaten good food.

Roseburg isn't what I would call a food Mecca... Hence one of the reasons I cook at the level that I do.

If you want a monster burger, the Jersey Lily in Roseburg has the Frog Burger, or heart attack on a bun.
I'll check out the burger joint, hope I won't need to find a bathroom in a hurry in the way home, LOL.

With the military, you accept some level of brainwashing to complete a goal (to stay alive). When these examples of civilians doing extreme acts from "educated", semi successful adults, I see it as beyond brainwashing. It's breaking their brains.

There's no copping mechanism for them. They would have to accept their analysis of the facts (and ideology) were wrong to lesser minded and less educated people. Some of these would rather go hard in paint further in the wrong direction.

The sad part is these people are breaking their brains and setting themselves on fire, when nothing actually has happened to them.

With the military, you accept some level of brainwashing to complete a goal (to stay alive). When these examples of civilians doing extreme acts from "educated", semi successful adults, I see it as beyond brainwashing. It's breaking their brains.

There's no copping mechanism for them. They would have to accept their analysis of the facts (and ideology) were wrong to lesser minded and less educated people. Some of these would rather go hard in paint further in the wrong direction.

The sad part is these people are breaking their brains and setting themselves on fire, when nothing actually has happened to them.
I work in Health Care and see a LOT of the result of no longer keeping people safe who should NOT be left on their own. We see people daily who are left to roam free who should NOT be. Most of them are "somewhat safe" to others. Many of them if they stay on med's can even lead a simple enough life. Problem is often they stop taking the meds and or take other drugs and go off the deep end. These kind of people now have access to the net and the 24/7 "news" cycle. Some of them can be a little bomb just waiting to go off. Problem is there is little support for doing what we used to do, put them in an institution where they can't harm themselves or others. A LOT of them are allowed to drive which often scares hell out of me when I see them leave and hop in a car.

Does anyone know whether cannibals cook their human protein sources prior to consumption?....

...asking for an aging drama queen...
Both, depending on the culture. There have been lots of cannibal cultures throughout human history who ate human flesh for a variety of reasons. I would not consider myself an expert on this by any stretch, but my musings on history leads me to believe that if cannibalism was practiced more for substantive nutritional needs it is more likely that a culture would cook the flesh (like certain Amazon tribes who would gut, truss up and pit roast captives just like they would any other game animal), if it was practiced for more religious reasons cooking was less likely (like certain African tribes who would eat the heart and organs of fallen enemy warriors raw right off the battlefield to gain their powers). You can of course easily find counterexamples to this rule as well, such as the Aztecs who apparently cooked their human offerings for the gods (though it is unclear if they ate any of that themselves or if it was left for purely ritualistic purposes), but over all as a general trend I think it holds decently well from my limited readings on the topic.

I work in Health Care and see a LOT of the result of no longer keeping people safe who should NOT be left on their own. We see people daily who are left to roam free who should NOT be. Most of them are "somewhat safe" to others. Many of them if they stay on med's can even lead a simple enough life. Problem is often they stop taking the meds and or take other drugs and go off the deep end. These kind of people now have access to the net and the 24/7 "news" cycle. Some of them can be a little bomb just waiting to go off. Problem is there is little support for doing what we used to do, put them in an institution where they can't harm themselves or others. A LOT of them are allowed to drive which often scares hell out of me when I see them leave and hop in a car.
NewsMAX. Get the maximum amount of news

NewsMAX. Get the maximum amount of news
Never watched them but doubt they are telling these kooks that the POTUS is equal to Hitler. I see a LOT of clips from some of the kooks on air saying Trump is. It is great for a laugh but, a LOT of these people who are not wrapped real tight hear this daily and believe it. Of course when one of them does go off the deep end and goes after people the same "news" source pretend they had nothing to do with it. Problem is of course every time one of the kooks uses a gun those same media start waving the lets take the guns flag.Sadly it works.
:(

So... How was the frog burger?
Didn't make it down there, my brother flew in last night so that means I'm out. He's a bit difficult to be around, verified by just about anyone around him in the last decade. I didn't feel like going to jail, so I stayed back and performed some needed maintenance on the diesel truck. Will make it down there on Tuesday when that SOB is gone back to ND.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top