JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apple is flirting with dropping below the 50 and 200 day moving average. If it clears both look out below imo you will see $110.

4a4100508f2201395c48005056a9545d.gif

well this week was a wash

after being up last week, I am down about 1% after two good days and 3 bad

some days you win, some days you lose - it is how you do in the long run that counts.
Opposite here. I was up ~$20k at last Friday's close, down ~$17k at today's close. Net positive about $3,000 for the week.

Last Edited:
Last week Fri vs this week Fri. I'm down a bit. But, since the general market is also down from last week Fri. Oh well. It looks like it's just all part of the coaster ride.

Of course.....I want to get out at the top. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Opposite here. I was up ~$20k at last Friday's close, down ~$17k at today's close. Net positive about $3,000 for the week.
Looking at today's balances I am just a little lower than my previous high. So yeah, mostly profit taking and some panic selling. That's fine, I don't expect the market to keep climbing every day on a steady incline. There will be weeks like this. As long as the overall trend is upwards over time.

I am more excited about real estate; neighbors property with about the same tax valuation/RMV as my property just sold for about $200K more than I would have thought a year ago. If I can sell mine for the a similar price then I will be able to follow thru on my retirement plans to buy land further out and build, without a mortgage. That would be nice. Then the kids could sell their house and build a nice house on the same property without a mortgage. That would be great.

I am more excited about real estate; neighbors property with about the same tax valuation/RMV as my property just sold for about $200K more than I would have thought a year ago. If I can sell mine for the a similar price then I will be able to follow thru on my retirement plans to buy land further out and build, without a mortgage. That would be nice. Then the kids could sell their house and build a nice house on the same property without a mortgage. That would be great.

I have several bids out right now for building a commercial property and I asked one of the fellas what his price is for new residential construction and he said its pushing $350+ a sq foot. That price is really going to slow new construction and price a lot of people out of new houses imo.

I have a commercial renter that is paying $.95 a sq foot triple net and is tickled to death to pay it right now. I really need a pullback at some point so I can purchase more but only see an increase in cost for existing in the future as building materials increase so will the cost of existing construction.

Yes, I believe I am in a good spot right now. There is a market for people going rural, definitely for people leaving urban. I am on the edge or near the edge of a tolerable commute and some of these buyers would be working from home. I think a lot of them don't have a clue how much work it is to keep up a property like this, so that works in my favor. They come and see it in its prime (spring to summer) and think "how nice", that they can just sit on the porch and enjoy it.

It certainly is quiet and safer here - if you don't count the wildfire danger, which must not be that apparent to them (two properties that were very close to the fire and had some of the land burned have been sold recently).

We shall see. Either way I will not only have lived here for free (not counting my labor), I will make a nice profit from this and hopefully be able to follow thru on my plans, which were in doubt this time last year.

I am seeing the same here. My erstwhile next door neighbor sold her home last August for $385k against a purchase price of $200k back in 2003.
A realtor friend of mine recently assessed my home at over $400k this spring against a purchase price of $210k in 2005. My home is paid for, too.

So I, like you, am looking at property further out, as in Idaho County, Idaho. I can buy now and make a few years' worth of payments, since I have none presently. Then when I retire in 4-5 years, I can sell this place, pay off the spread in Idaho, move onto it, build there, and retire in a free(r) state without a mortgage than what Jackboot Jay and Sideshow Bob have turned this once-great state into.

Yeah, I am looking for at least 2X what I paid for the property in 2012, and I sold $100K in timber off the back acreage - my estimated value by the mortgage company dropped by about $100K that year, but has increased by $200K since. I am doing a small acreage sale to a neighbor and getting the plot lines adjusted to allow for an easement in his favor to be owned by him - but mortgage co. wants an appraisal to do that, so I should have a more solid idea of what I can sell for then - I expect it to be another $100K more. We shall see. I am more confident now about my plans than I was this time last year - I was thinking I had been torpedoed.

Thank God I closed all my accounts and severed all my ties with those asshats years ago...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top