JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm way too pessimistic. I would have assumed that everyone on the classified ads was going to rip me off or kill me anyway so would have not even looked for something in the first place. I dont sell anything, If I dont want something I give it away to friends.
Hi....

Can we be friends:D

Jk but I like the attitude for sure:)

Wow, so thankful you're OK. Anyone who will do that once is likely to do it twice, unfortunately, for some unknown reason they are not locking criminals up as in years past. Portland had an incident not long back where some 22 year old already a convicted felon but now back on the street felon, SHOT a man at a max/bus stop. Now as a convicted felon in possession of a gun, that would have been a long sentence by itself in the old days, likely an attempted murder charge. But this time the punk only gets 5 years. Which means he'll be out on the street in a couple of years or less doing the same. As they had a bus recording and a max recording plus eyewitness and a solid description including the cops picking the turd up quickly likely had powder residue still on the hands: it should have been a slam dunk for the prosecuting attorney. 5 years?!!! Shocking.

As far as the color thing you folks are discussing up there, when you have less than 13 percent of the population doing well over 50% of the violent crimes, then for me, it's long overdue that it be looked at as a race issue and explore how we can help make inner city black communities safer for the many honest and honorable people who live there. We need to have that discussion as a community to try and improve peoples lives.

please re-read what I wrote. At no point in time I mention anything about political correctness. I actually said explicitly, that stereotyping\profiling is something I do regularly and I'm completely OK with. Again that is not what happened in this case. After the event and while sharing this with the world, the OP specifically chooses to interject Trayvon Martin as the descriptor. Ok, he just randomly chose that black buy but he also interjected George Zimmerman as well!? So my initial question remains, why?

The context is what matter here people. Would any of you describe a black friend or coworker as looking like Trayvon Martin? Would you ever reference Jon Bonet Ramsey when discussing your daughter or niece? Or perhaps you'd reference Jeffery Dahmer when explaining how your best friend looked? No, because the context in which those names now exist immediately conjures imagery inside the readers mind. And do you really believe that describing the assailant as Trayvon Martin is less pointed than calling him black? Come on, that's intellectually disingenuous at best. Context matters, just like when you placed quotations around the word "race.". What did you attempt communicate with all of us? Nothing....please! Next time you text your significant other, end the correspondence with, I "love" you too. Let me know how that works out. That type of talk might earn you brownie points in some "echo chambers" but I know that wouldnt fly with my wife! In the spirit of not tip toeing, are you implying that race issues do not exsist in our country?

And I agree with you that math isn't racist but statistics on the other hand…well, we know what they say about statistics right. And as it relates to citing said statistics, be careful, because once you source stats you've now established precedent and youll have to take all of them. Who knows, some of those statistics might not jive with your individual politics and or beliefs.

Briefly, as I have to get back to work, the accusation that my comment was a kin to what the UW police did/do when sending out an APB is laughable at best.

Lastly, whilst I agree with your general premise about " PC culture", I also believe that being considerate isnt a bad thing. People self censor all the time out of thought for others OR themselves. Sometimes out of love and others out of restraint. This is what it means to be human. It's easy to be rude and inconsiderate, arrogantly brushing off the plight of others as we plow ahead with tunnel vision. Where is that going to get our communities or more importantly our country?

If you don't care, that's fine. I just happen to believe that the strongest amongst us should do the heaviest lifting.

Those of you us claim to be about truth and justice must continue to challenge ourselves to be non emotional critical thinkers with the ability to make decisions from a place of nuetrality not ignorance.

Patriotism isn't an individual activity.

Treyvon was a punk thug that got his just deserts from a wannabe copper while attempting to pound the wannabe's head into the concrete. No discussion of skin color needed.

BF5F3CCC-BF29-4E05-8122-068F06EAA6B6.jpeg

I'm way too pessimistic. I would have assumed that everyone on the classified ads was going to rip me off or kill me anyway so would have not even looked for something in the first place. I dont sell anything, If I dont want something I give it away to friends.
Can we be friends?
:s0114:

But I do have a question for you: What does Trayvon Martin have to do with this situation? Why would you envoke the name of a 16 y.o. kid who was killed by an armed adult who so feared for his life and the safety of others that he decided to leave the safety of his vehicle and directly interact with the "threat"?! How's that for tactics??? And what does the race of this "Thug" have to do with anything? Would you have tried to disparage your attacker's race if it had been your own?! I highly doubt it and this is where rubber meets the roads people. You're proactively choosing to perpetuate AND deciminate stereotypes that suit your belief system. Race had no role to play in this story until YOU interjected it. So I ask again...why? Why is that so important to communicate this with the forum?

In fact Trayvon was 17 not 16.
He savagely attacked Zimmerman not the other way around.
And the word is spelled disseminate not "deciminate."

Getting Robbed at Guinpoint Ain't fun at all..
Fool me Once... Shame on you...
Fool me Twice....Shame on Me...
Fool me 3 times.... JZHFGRUKHFA

The above posts covered a lot of turf.

Bottom line is He has the gun & is attempting to ROB You with it.

HE IS THE BAD GUY!!!

If he had Green skin and you referred to him as a GREEN WEENEY you'd be correct but
depending on which state you were in you might get flogged for racism...

:D

Whew, good to hear you're OK. Thanks for sharing your story so we can all learn from it.

Some people would be tempted to still carry in a situation like that, even if it wasn't legal. Great example of why one wouldn't want to.

:rolleyes:
Glad to hear that you and your GF are safe and sound. Thank you for sharing this unsettling yet reaffirming experience with the forum. Planning and preparedness, check. I am confused as to how you saw a pistol mag but continued with the deal but I may be misunderstanding the spacing and or timing of events so I digress. But let's not overlook two other factors that allowed you to do come out of this situation with optimal success. Your temperament and adherence to plan must be commended. Further proof, that the most important tool in your EDC is actually your brain. Don't believe me, go ask the previously mentioned bubblegum with the gun how his plan worked out?

But I do have a question for you: What does Trayvon Martin have to do with this situation? Why would you envoke the name of a 16 y.o. kid who was killed by an armed adult who so feared for his life and the safety of others that he decided to leave the safety of his vehicle and directly interact with the "threat"?! How's that for tactics??? And what does the race of this "Thug" have to do with anything? Would you have tried to disparage your attacker's race if it had been your own?! I highly doubt it and this is where rubber meets the roads people. You're proactively choosing to perpetuate AND deciminate stereotypes that suit your belief system. Race had no role to play in this story until YOU interjected it. So I ask again...why? Why is that so important to communicate this with the forum?

bubblegums come in all colors, shapes and sizes.

Tactics and KNOWLEDGE = good
Racism and ignorance = bad

He's probably just using statistics to base his analysis of the situation. Relax. It's not his fault that the perpetrator happened to be a young black male. Those guys NEVER commit crimes:rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads