JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of the farmers I know are the nicest down to earth people.....tell you start messing with there property. The criminals are better off staying in big cities cause these country boys don't play well with dirtbags! There was a guys stealing cars around my area and the boys down at the scio bar caught him breaking into a pickup and he got a severe ars whooping before the Linn County Sheriff's got there

""We have many responsible gun owners here in Grant County and if they are outside protecting their property they can certainly hold someone at gunpoint and then call 911 to have us come and investigate and find out what those people are doing there," he told KPQ News."
um...no.

In this case the bad guys had a weapon, but really ...holding someone at gunpoint is incredibly complicated situation you better be sure your life is in danger. Is protecting your property a life threatening situation?

Old MacDonald had a farm...
Ee i ee i oo
And on this farm he had a gun ...
Ee i ee i oo

Looks like they picked the wrong farm....:D
Andy
You left out that Old McDonald had a wood-chipper and an amazingly fertile garden plot….. :s0131:

IMG_1524.jpeg

um...no.

In this case the bad guys had a weapon, but really ...holding someone at gunpoint is incredibly complicated situation you better be sure your life is in danger. Is protecting your property a life threatening situation?
Is the "property" an integral part of creating the revenue stream the farmer relies on to keep his family fed?

Decades ago, when I was just getting the ranch on it feet and didn't have the security measures i have now, 3 amigos from south of the border decided they needed 3 of my horses more than I did. Caught them in the act, made them disarm themselves and held them at gunpoint until the sheriff arrived. When I was a kid, a couple idiots tried stealing some of our livestock. One of them was stupid enough to take a shot in my dad's direction. Only one of them left the property breathing , and he was quickly rounded up by the sheriff to spend the rest of his miserable life behind bars.

Farmers and ranchers aren't the types to be toyed with lightly.

Is the "property" an integral part of creating the revenue stream the farmer relies on to keep his family fed?

Decades ago, when I was just getting the ranch on it feet and didn't have the security measures i have now, 3 amigos from south of the border decided they needed 3 of my horses more than I did. Caught them in the act, made them disarm themselves and held them at gunpoint until the sheriff arrived. When I was a kid, a couple idiots tried stealing some of our livestock. One of them was stupid enough to take a shot in my dad's direction. Only one of them left the property breathing , and he was quickly rounded up by the sheriff to spend the rest of his miserable life behind bars.

Farmers and ranchers aren't the types to be toyed with lightly.
I thought there was an old law saying you could use lethal force to defend property you were dependant on that property for revenue?

Both of the examples you shared the thieves were armed which isn't the same as what the sheriff stated in the quote I shared.

"They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes."

Brick Top

I read the article, guy talked about doing a warning shot to get them compliant. He's lucky he didn't - discharge of firearms not in self defense but to intimidate others isn't legal. The perps could literally argue that they then had to defend themselves against lethal force from this guy who threatened them with a gun for a crime (burglary) that is not punishable by lethal force.

We can talk about what "should be" - sure, thieves can all ESAD, and I wouldn't shed a tear, but that's not how the law sees it and that's why good people get locked up for shooting bad people.

Sadly one of the perps is already released from jail the other had 20+ failure to appear in court, from previous arrests, and is still in jail…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top