JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all was wanting to see if I could get some good advice on shipping my semi auto Rifle (ak47) it's my first time selling a rifle thru gun broker so any advice would be much appreciated.
I've received the buyers ffl form,money order an he sent me a prepaid fedex shipping label it's going all the way to Georgia but as far as packaging goes what's the best way to ship it ? It's the rifle it self an a 30rd mag.

Also Should I cash the money order first befor shipping or wait tell he accepts the deal ?

Last Edited:
First, and most important, wait until payment clears.
If it's a USPS mo, take it to the post office,
Wrap the mag separate make sure to include a copy of the ffl and a copy of your drivers license, as for packing, bubble wrap and paper work best for me, in a double thick box.
And also make sure to wrap the muzzle and charging handle well, so they don't punch through the box

First, and most important, wait until payment clears.
If it's a USPS mo, take it to the post office,
Wrap the mag separate make sure to include a copy of the ffl and a copy of your drivers license, as for packing, bubble wrap and paper work best for me, in a double thick box.
And also make sure to wrap the muzzle and charging handle well, so they don't punch through the box
Yup it's a Usps mo, can that be cashed at a local bank or just with the post office ?

Thanks for all those points I would have never guessed .

Yes post office, NOT your bank
The postal service can run it right there, to make sure it is a real MO, not a counterfeit.
and give you the cash. Just an ID required, I cashed one for $1200.

There is a member here that has been burned, big time, from accepting a mo
That was a fake. Just deposited and shipped,
Came back as a fake a week later. Debited all of the money back out.
Real hassle and got fbi involved, due to fraud, really bad all around..

Easy enough to just take it to the post office

I've never dealt with places like GunBroker either, so I'm Just curious...
....why would someone from Georgia not just buy it in Georgia? Was the price really low or was it a rare/special/custom rifle? Seems like a lot of hassle and cost to ship and verify seller's payment etc...

I realize there are many legit deals/dealers but, geeze Louise, I'd be laying awake nights until everything was completed.

I've purchased online from Gunbroker, HKPro, Sniper's Hide, PCT and Sturmgewehr (back when Buddy ran it), and I have sold online and shipped handguns through my FFL to Florida and Illinois.
Sellers shipped to the FFL I designated. Never any problem, I just made sure the FFL knew a package was coming and from whom.
I tried once to ship guns to myself through FedEx. They are like TSA, even at the ship centers, they don't always have any idea of their own rules. Didn't want to argue with them, just flew home with them instead.
Remember to insure it for its maximum potential value.

Stopped by my local USPS post office an apparently because it was so early in the morning they didn't have the cash but I was told there I could cash or deposit at my bank, so I did. I have the cash now..... so I should be ready to ship correct?

Hello all was wanting to see if I could get some good advice on shipping my semi auto Rifle (ak47) it's my first time selling a rifle thru gun broker so any advice would be much appreciated.
I've received the buyers ffl form,money order an he sent me a prepaid fedex shipping label it's going all the way to Georgia but as far as packaging goes what's the best way to ship it ? It's the rifle it self an a 30rd mag.

Also Should I cash the money order first befor shipping or wait tell he accepts the deal ?
If it hasn't been mentioned yet just use shipmygun.com

Gun Shipping - Fast, Legal, Affordable

Make sure you include a color copy (front/back) of your drivers license for the receiving FFL's records.
Also, tape the box really well. I make my own box out of heavy cardboard sheets from an appliance store and form it into a triangle, as that configuration is the strongest and so far no delivery service has yet to ruin anything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top