JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
I am looking for input/advice. I want to carry my conceal firearm but I have to keep it in my vehicle when I go into work, but I want it secure. Can anyone give me advice on a good gun safe for my vehicle that can be opened with biometrics or easily. I also would like to deter just taking the safe out of the vehicle so one that had a cable or similar. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Thank you

What kind of vehicle? They make some pretty nice safes that bolt into the OEM center console.

Thank you I will check the link out

Hello,
I am looking for input/advice. I want to carry my conceal firearm but I have to keep it in my vehicle when I go into work, but I want it secure. Can anyone give me advice on a good gun safe for my vehicle that can be opened with biometrics or easily. I also would like to deter just taking the safe out of the vehicle so one that had a cable or similar. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Thank you
In the bottom of a grubby, wadded up McDonald's sack.. perfect camouflage!

Lol, not really. Good luck.

I personally don't leave firearms unattended in my vehicle at any point and time so I have never purchased or required a vault in my vehicle.

Cables can easily be cut. Unless there's a metal detector at work, I'd advise bringing it with you. What happened today proves that when you need it, it needs to be ON YOU.

I thought about a car safe. But, since cars are so easily broken into, stolen or towed away, and since cordless angle grinders and cutting torches are everywhere, I decided against it.

This is what I use. It doesn't say gun on it anywhere, they are common enough that no one really pays attn. to them. and they are made of thicker metal than most car ready gun safes. They are also sealed from dust and moisture.
I bolt them down from the inside so that it has to be open to get at the bolts.
If you get in the habit of always carrying your lunch bag next to it, as you get to work you will open the trunk, deposit your carry gun, and pick up your lunch bag. Anyone casually seeing you will only see someone picking their lunch bag from the trunk. On your way home you drop your lunch bag in the trunk and retrieve your carry.
DR

This is what I use. It doesn't say gun on it anywhere, they are common enough that no one really pays attn. to them. and they are made of thicker metal than most car ready gun safes. They are also sealed from dust and moisture.
I bolt them down from the inside so that it has to be open to get at the bolts.
If you get in the habit of always carrying your lunch bag next to it, as you get to work you will open the trunk, deposit your carry gun, and pick up your lunch bag. Anyone casually seeing you will only see someone picking their lunch bag from the trunk. On your way home you drop your lunch bag in the trunk and retrieve your carry.
DR
That's a great idea. Thank you.

Note that "Tuffy Security Products" and "Locker Down" make a similar product like the Console Vault. I don't know, however, if they make one for Subarus.

But this product, if you're willing to spend the money, is one of the best form factors for vehicles IMO. It's reasonably secure and much easier to access than a lock box under one of the seats. It's also well hidden so it's not obvious there is a safe in the car. And it's big enough where it should be able to hold a holstered weapon. Some boxes, like the one I linked below for reference, will only hold the firearm which means you have to pull your gun out of the holster. And the less you have to expose the trigger, the better IMO.

Do give some consideration if you want a safe that utilizes batteries/electronics/biometric/etc. My preference is always for mechanical locks because batteries die and electronics fail...often at the worst possible moment. A mechanical lock is one less thing to have to worry about. I also don't feel that biometric locks, at this price point, have evolved to the point of being reliable enough. Some of them can be pretty finicky. :)

I like the ShotLock simplex locks. I have one in my trunk in case I need to visit the courthouse which DOES have metal detectors.

1653456903583.png
1653456915167.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top