JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, I get that angle of it. But I went to war with a 9mm and would never use it again. And I would much rather be shot with one of those as opposed to the .45. My main thing is that the military should have never gone away from the cartridge. Best thing is though, it's all personal preference. And 13 rounds of .45 in a mag is nothing to shake a stick at.

If you're limited to ball ammo, the .45 beats the 9mm everytime. The newer self-defense loads seem to make 9mm a pretty good option given the lighter weight and greater magazine capacity. Then, of course, there's always .40 S&W and .357 Sig to consider. In fact, I just got a Glock 22 that, with appropriate barrel swaps, can handle .40 S&W, .357 Sig and 9mm. The first two can use the same magazines, but the 9mm preference is Glock 17 mags. That said, I like .45 ACP and .45 Colt so much I just put a S&W Governor on lay-away.

gotta love the 45's

Colt 1911 Government model 45acp
Taurus 1911 45acp
Glock 30 45acp
Ruger P90 45acp
Taurus pt145 45acp
Taurus Judge
Ruger 10/22
Beretta tomcat 32acp

and some more
Savage bolt action 270
remington 870 wingmaster 12gauge